Author Topic: Family Feud 2015  (Read 139840 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Family Feud 2015
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2015, 12:28:49 PM »
Still no one interested? If no one steps forward soon, I might run one more, but I'll definitely be wanting to pass it on after that.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2015, 06:15:57 PM »
Speaking of Hitler and the Internet:  http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/27/8298999/apple-hitler-china-letv-jia-yueting

Don't know anything about the Chinese company but kinda funny that Internet-Hitler came up two times already this week, without actually devolving into a flame war (though maybe it's more debatable in the ad case above). ;P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2015, 08:25:47 PM »
Yeesh. Not an Apple fan by any means, but that seems very excessive...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2015, 11:05:23 AM »
Still no one interested? If no one steps forward soon, I might run one more, but I'll definitely be wanting to pass it on after that.

I totally forgot about this after I posted the answers to that last round. I'm thinking about having a go as QM for the first time. Although what I think I'll do beforehand is PM the questions to one or two active users just to make sure the grammar is OK.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2015, 11:12:09 AM »
Sure, go for it. :-)

Here's the template quizmaster avatar. You can use that as-is, or you can edit your avatar in.

-- Simon

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2015, 12:00:21 PM »
Thanks, Simon! I put my avatar in, so here's what it will look like.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »
Okay, I sent you the Quizmaster password.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Quizmaster

• We have asked 100 people...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2015, 06:13:52 PM »
With thanks to namida, the Quizmaster has returned for yet another round of Family Feud!

The Family Feud Music Special

1. Name a British rock group
2. Name a US girl group
3. Name an instrument frequently used as background music in horror films.
4. Name a Nursery rhyme
5. Name a song in the Lemmings game aside from the Can Can.
6. Name a Michael Jackson song.
7. Name a song that includes a number in the title (a number on its own is fine) and the person/band who sings it. (Only the number is involved in Feud scoring).
8. Name a Beethoven compsition.
9. You are writing a new song called "Rendezvous at the Mountain". Complete the first line of the first verse "I had a ..."

10. OK, you're composing a song and are playing the chords for the chorus. There are six viable chords to choose from, with four to be played altogether. The first chord is C and the last chord is G7. The second and third chords are of your choice, and the chords that you've chosen cannot match themselves. Here are the chords: C, Dm7, Em, F, G7 and Am.

How the scoring works:
The scoring for the second and third chords are separate feud scoring. In addition, you will be awarded two extra points if another player's chords match both of yours, and in the right order. You will be given one point for the same instance, but in the wrong order.

11. Time for a complete change of scenario! Each participant is a conductor in their own orchestra. Over an X period of days (Where X is the number of conductors involved) each conductor will take a turn to play their piece. In this musical composition there are three different solos; and each solo is played by a separate instrument in a separate order. The three instruments are the Trumpet, Violin and Piano.

How to answer:
Choose an order for the three instruments to be played.

How the scoring works:
The conductors play in order and the order is arranged alphabetically from A-Z with the conductor listed first alphabetically playing for a second time. If one conductor plays a unique order then they score 2 points. If the conductor plays an order identical to the previous conductor they'll score 0. In other situations 1 point is given to each conductor.

Good luck everyone, and may the best Musician win.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2015, 06:58:32 PM »
Sent in my answers. Interesting concept; though I must say that Question 9 is very likely to give a completely different answer for everyone who enters...
My Lemmings projects

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2015, 05:24:25 PM »
How would you recommend getting the answers to the questions totalled? I heard someone mention Excel, but how would one go about using it to do such a thing?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2015, 06:26:56 PM »
If I recall, somewhere on this thread in one of the posts, someone attached an Excel spreadsheet set up with formulas to help with calculating the score for standing feud-scoring questions, and of course for adding up each player's scores for the grand total (that part is like the most basic thing you can do with a spreadsheet).  It won't help with questions that have their own special scoring rules, though of course you might be able to set up your own formulas for those too.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2015, 09:11:34 AM »
The spreadsheet's been used a few times, but there isn't a blank template AFAIK. Basically, COUNTIF is your friend :)

This round used the Feud scoring spreadsheet for the first time. That was quite a complicated round (but aren't they all? ;)) but it gives you an idea of what you can do. For non-standard questions, if all else fails you can always just calculate the scores for a question elsewhere and type them in.

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2015, 07:00:58 AM »
So far, only six participants have submitted their answers. :lix-sad: The Quizmaster advises everyone who hasn't participated in this round to submit their answers within the next 24 hours! In other words the deadline is 2015-04-03 at 07:00 UTC. Thank you very much.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2015, 07:05:47 AM »
That's not even a week after posting the questions, you know. If you're going to close it that soon, I'd suggest at least giving more than 24 hours notice. Up to you though.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2015, 06:34:59 AM »
OK then. I'll postpone the deadline by exactly 2 days later. I understand now that some users may still be at work during this time. So the deadline is Sunday morning UTC for two good reasons: A, so that users have the weekend available and B, so that the round takes up more than a week.