Lemmings Boards > Challenges

How fast can you solve the following levels?

<< < (8/8)

Minim:
Here's another lemmings conundrum I've managed to crack. Hail 8 is doable in 3 minutes 1 second, which means in DOS it's possible in 3 minutes with the added pause-time glitch, and also an improvement by 2 minutes. (And even if it wasn't I think I had a builder left to spare with this solution too which could be used to turn that final lemming around). Replay attached. That result leaves Taxing 14 remaining as the longest level in the game so far.

For those who don't know, here's the glitch in detail below.

--- Quote ---Pausing for time: The entrance hatch begins opening a specific length of time after the level starts, at the same time the sound effect plays. If you pause the game before the hatch begins to open, the timer stops counting down while the game is paused, but the hatch still opens at the same time (or immediately after you unpause, if you wait until after the sound plays). This gives you about two seconds extra to complete the level.
--- End quote ---

Minim:
Havoc 8 improved to 3 minutes; in fact it was done quite a long time ago, just never came across the connection. :XD: Both the 3-miner and the no-digger replays will get the lemmings home with over a minute left.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version