Author Topic: Which levels can be beaten without assigning skills to more than one lemming?  (Read 51883 times)

Offline Fleech

• View Profile
I felt like having a look at the Xmas games. Both 1991 unique levels can be completed with 100%.

EDIT: I've just done the first three 1992 levels with 100%.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 02:50:22 PM by Minim »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Flurry is all-or-nothing. 8, 12 and 16 cannot be done, the rest, 100% is possible. None of them are hard enough to warrant a replay, IMO.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Hang on, Flurry 8 is possible. No wait, you're talking about "Vacation in Gemland" aren't you, not "Clouds of Lemmings" (I keep mentioning Amiga levels don't I? :-\)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Fleech

• View Profile
Yep, Flurry 8 is Vacation in Gemland on the DOS version. As an aside, has anyone ever extracted the levels from the Amiga xmas games? I know it was done for the original game.

Just had a look through Blitz. 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 14 can all be done with 100%. I completed 12 as well, but none of the others.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
I'm still trying to open one successfully.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Anyone know a program that is capable of opening the Amiga lemmings files, preferably a level editor?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
I've added totals for Original Lemmings and Holiday Lemmings 1993, since every level has now been looked at -- and all the ones that have not been solved do seem to be impossible for obvious reasons (with the possible exceptions of Mayhem 2 and 14, so I'll amend the totals if those are completed).

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Okay, here's my progress on Crazy:

Confirmed all possible except following levels:

1, 3, 10, 14, 17

non-100% on following levels:

11, 15, 18, 19

Unsurprisingly, Crazy 17's issue is the time limit.  I tried two methods so far, and I can't even get the worker lemming to exit in time.

I got 49/50 on Crazy 15, which is probably the max.  I didn't do an optimal job on 18 and 19, I believe the maximum with my methods are 48/50 and 49/50 respectively.

Replays/screenshots for selected levels attached.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 02:58:13 PM by Minim »

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Well, let me rephrase: Mayhem 12 can't be done the genuine way solely due to the time limit. If the time limit wasn't in the way, it indeed could be done.

I'd say the ceiling route is genuine enough. However, it is possible to do this level without taking the ceiling route.

And you can add Blitz 2 (100%, as required) to the list as well.

Replays attached.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 03:01:52 PM by Minim »

Offline Fleech

• View Profile
Sorry, I've just noticed an error in my post above. My Blitz 1 solution was Lose 1, not 100%. :-[

Also, could the '91 and '92 levels be added to the first post please?

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Good news!

I can confirm that Mayhem 2 is possible. :)

I don't have a replay right now, because I didn't actually solve the level. Instead I modified the level to get an equivalent setup while avoiding most of the boring repetitive stuff during the "trial and error" phase. As soon as I get a replay of the final result, I'll let you know. ;)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Also, could the '91 and '92 levels be added to the first post please?

You'd have to tell me a bit more about these levels -- how many there are, how I should format them.

Offline Fleech

• View Profile
You'd have to tell me a bit more about these levels -- how many there are, how I should format them.

There are fours levels in the 1991 demo. The first two levels are unique, the last two are from ONML (and as such not worth including). There are four levels in the 1992 demo as well, all of which are unique.

You can download all four Xmas demos here if you want them.

Personally I'd bundle all the Xmas games in togther and list 1991 and 1992 as individual difficulty sets.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Question: How come Taxing uses the "all except" format in the list, whereas Mayhem lists the ones that CAN be done... even though they both have the same number of levels that can't (Mayhem possibly fewer, pending an absolute result on Mayhem 14).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Question: How come Taxing uses the "all except" format in the list, whereas Mayhem lists the ones that CAN be done... even though they both have the same number of levels that can't (Mayhem possibly fewer, pending an absolute result on Mayhem 14).

Proxima sorted it out, namida. Replace them with "Flurry" and "Blizzard" now.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3