Author Topic: Which levels can be beaten without assigning skills to more than one lemming?  (Read 51881 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
I can guess 21, I think, but I'd love to know how to solve 26. Only I want to at least try it for myself first.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Maybe if you had 99 of each skill Taxing 26 might be possible but I don't think it can be solved with 10 per skill...

I also heard that it's much easier to do this topic under 3D Lemmings. You just use the "Highlight lemming" function (Make it more realistic using the "Virtual lemming" function! ;)). I doubt that many of these levels will be possible since a lot of turners are required in the game.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Maybe if you had 99 of each skill Taxing 26 might be possible but I don't think it can be solved with 10 per skill...

You get 12 builders. With 10 it would probably be impossible. Plus you need to be aware of the exact positioning of the steel objects.

And as for 21...
This is another application of the miner trick.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
I noticed that 21 out of 30 Taxing levels have been solved, so I changed the Tricky and Taxing lists to "all except" format to save space.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
If only there was a way to prevent those annoying RR modifications to prevent from accidentally using two lemmings instead of one.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
And as for 21...
This is another application of the miner trick.

I don't think that's necessary.  Because of the ways the trigger areas are positioned and the way climbers are positioned, you can climb off either walls of the pit without getting hurt from the flamethrowers.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Maybe not... but it works ;)

Anyway, I've finally had a look through Fun and Tricky (which were done in my absence). The list at the start of this thread appears to claim that Tricky 11 and 13 can be done with 100%, which I can't verify. Neither level has been mentioned in this thread.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I think Mayhem 28 is a _VERY_ obvious one that should be added to this list. :P
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
The list at the start of this thread appears to claim that Tricky 11 and 13 can be done with 100%, which I can't verify. Neither level has been mentioned in this thread.

I suspect a typo/oversight on Proxima's part.  I did manage to find a way to start off Tricky 11 so that 100% is possible (attached), but I don't see any way so far for Tricky 13 to be 100%.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:46:08 AM by Minim »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
I think Mayhem 28 is a _VERY_ obvious one that should be added to this list. :P

Also Wild 16. :)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Mayhem 17 can be done. I can't manage 100%, but it may be possible.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
I'll put it down as 100% until someone convinces me otherwise, since I can't see why you should lose any lemmings if you take the ceiling route.

Havoc 10 is another obvious one.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
I've done some more levels. Wild 10 is definitely possible. I think Wicked 19 and Wild 20 are possible as well (I haven't done these two manually yet).

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Here's my wrapping up Mayhem 1-10 (except Mayhem 2 which I think I'll leave to ClamSpammer ;)):

Confirmed Mayhem 7.  non-100% (can't dig or build fast enough for 2nd lemming, and even if somehow there's a way, you'll probably run out of skills to finish the actual level).  My solution loses 2.  I could attach a replay but this is one that is more fun to figure out on your own, it is quite conventional and should be doable by many here.

Mayhem 5 is obviously not possible because there are no known solution that doesn't use blockers.  Mayhem 9 is also pretty obviously impossible.

This leaves Mayhem 6, which unfortunately has eluded me so far.  I've tried a number of things only to either be short 1 or 2 builders, or run out of time (as in not even close).  I haven't given up yet though, and maybe others will have better luck with this one.

[edit: whoops, forgot Mayhem 4.  It was obviously very annoying to do, but I did get a solution that truly uses only 1 lemming (see text version of replay for proof, attached).  It saves 82% while the requirement is 80%.  Whether 100% is possible remains to be seen.]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:52:31 AM by Minim »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I'll put it down as 100% until someone convinces me otherwise, since I can't see why you should lose any lemmings if you take the ceiling route.

Havoc 10 is another obvious one.

Because it seems you wouldn't have enough skills to save the 2nd lemming out. Feel free to prove me wrong.
My Lemmings projects