Author Topic: Lemmings Plus DOS Project (third and final demo now available!)  (Read 52746 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: Lemmings Plus DOS Remake
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2009, 02:15:48 AM »
Or open LemEdit and insert the blank generic levels!

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2009, 07:59:25 AM »
Don't be silly! :D He hasn't even finished yet.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2009, 01:13:31 AM »
I meant the person using CustLemm.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2009, 05:52:33 AM »
Yes, I know, and that is what namida prefers to use (Sorry you didn't realise that namida uses Custom Lemmings). :)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2009, 01:53:29 PM »
I don't use CustLemm. I use LemEdit for making the levels, and the Lemmix clones (with LookForLVLFiles turned on) for testing. If there's any borderline glitchy mechanics, only then I test them in DOS Lemmings (original, not CustLemm) to double check that they work there.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »
Here's another new level. Play on Lemmix for best results.

It's not that hard, but it does involve a trick that may, at first, be quite hard to spot.

I've also added a screenshot, although to be completely fair, the screenshot doesn't really show why the trick is needed.

Quote from: Spoilers!
If you do it the obvious way, you'll only save 98%.

50 Lemmings
Save 50 (100%)
1 minute
1 climber, 1 floater, 1 builder

All old downloads (except the official demo) have been removed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »
I don't think it's a "trick" in the way of a glitch but I think I've got the right solution. Highlight the hidden text below to see it.

Make the first lemming a climber and a floater. Let him build to the exit and increase the rate to 99.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 01:02:44 PM »
Even if you do that, and put the release rate up to 99 right away (rather than waiting), you save 98%. There's a bit more to it than that.

Anyway, here's another challenge for you all.
The attached level is an easier version of "To The End!" (well, it's identical, except you have builders). Try to play it fewest-skills style! My record is 14 skills.

My Lemmings projects

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2009, 05:07:48 AM »
I think the way after seeing those stats.  Still QUITE obvious.  My guess is that you should go with minimac94 but wait a little to turn up the rate (or turn it up earlier if it's a time issue)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2009, 09:41:27 AM »
As I said: If you put the release rate up to 99 right at the start (before any lemmings appear), and use the first lemming to do the work, you'll end up saving 98% - this is due to time limit issues, not due to lemmings dying.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2009, 01:23:22 PM »
To be honest, I'm having a lot more fun making entirely new levels at the moment. >_> So this will probably be a mixture of remakes of the good ones, and totally new levels.

On that note, I've just made another easy/hard version pair, with a twist: both versions are hard as hell, but in different ways. One of them is hard to work out but pretty easy to do once you've worked it out, the other is painfully obvious but very hard to pull off. I'm still trying to work out which version is the harder of the two. The harder to do one is just that - a pain to pull off. The hard to work out one though, is (in my opinion) a very clever challenge, and I'd like to hear whether anyone has any success at beating it.

I attached both versions as LVL files, plus an image.

Stats:

Not gonna work. (the hard-to-work-out one)
40 Lemmings
40 to be saved (100%)
RR 50
Time limit 6 minutes
20 climbers, 20 floaters, 20 builders

Quote from: Spoilers
My solution uses every floater and every builder, although only one climber. I'm almost positive you can't do it with any less of either.

The Deadly Climb (the hard-to-do one)
5 Lemmings
2 to be saved (40%)
RR 50
Time limit 2 minutes
5 climbers, 5 floaters

It's the usual way of bypassing a trap, except you have a lot less at your disposal to acheive it with.

My Lemmings projects

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »
I can't wait to see the picture for "Not gonna work"! :)

:XD: I didn't realise they were the same template.

I wonder why the deadly climb is hard. Maybe there's an invisible exit on the left of the lower platform.

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2009, 07:05:23 PM »
I wonder why the deadly climb is hard. Maybe there's an invisible exit on the left of the lower platform.

That lizard is going to eat all your lemmings unless you come up with a crafty plan. And just raising the release rate to 99 isn't going to work.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »
How would one get past it anyways?

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2009, 10:03:59 PM »
With cunning.

Time your floaters in a way that groups them all together. The lizard will then only have time to eat three.

I have not been very successful with "Not gonna work.", however.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]