Author Topic: General Comings and Goings  (Read 152130 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: General Comings and Goings
« Reply #390 on: February 12, 2020, 01:34:04 AM »
I'm going to be moving house from now until the end of February so activity from me will be limited.

Apologies to those who have been playing SEB Lems and posted in the topic, I have not overlooked your replays, I just cannot look at them right now because I'm really busy with real life stuff :(

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 26, 2020, 01:57:12 AM »
I'll be away on holiday between February 29 and March 8 so my activity will pretty much be zero.

Hopefully when I come back my interest in Lemmings will pick up again and I'll finally get around to doing things like fixing up my new pack :D

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 05, 2020, 08:06:16 PM »
Hello, it's been a while. I haven't been active at all on the forums or the dedicated Discord for this community these last few months. I must confess that I don't want to detail why this was the case (it has nothing to do with the forums though), but I'm hoping that after this long break I'm ready to come back into the swing of things :)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 06, 2020, 04:40:56 AM »
Welcome back. :)
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 25, 2020, 01:30:07 PM »
I will be at my hometown starting from tomorrow on until somewhere next week.

So less activity during this timeframe as I don't have access to discord and don't have the time to playtest/edit stuff. I will visit the forum when I get to it though.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 01, 2020, 10:20:29 PM »
Hey all, I haven’t been that active for a while, I see the last time I’ve really solved levels and posted on the forums is from last Summer.

Since Spring-Summer 2019 I have had most challenging times with my real life stuff and I really have tried to do lots of things to uphold my mental health. Lemmings is and probably will always be one such thing that gives me joy. I haven’t really played anything else regarding to video games, either, after completing Celeste in January 2019.

But I haven’t played even Lemmings for almost a year now, and there’s another reason for that, that my laptop is already 6 years old and getting slower and slower. I noticed that even NeoLemmix got a bit strenuous to use. Also, I realized a while ago that people moved from irc to Discord, and Discord is a pretty heavy software for my computer and it lags too much to be used pleasantly for me. Another thing about Discord that I’ve mentioned many times earlier is that it asks captcha from me always when logging in and sending logging confirmation to my e-mail, which makes Discord even slower to use for me (I am using the desktop app and a USB modem).

Yeah, I should be getting a new PC sooner or later for sure. For now I’m a bit worried about my Microsoft Office license that I got from my university to this computer, and I’ve already graduated so I can’t move that license to a new computer anymore. :P But that’s a minor thing, or at least it should be.

I’m reading the forums every day still! But I can’t keep up with the Discord discussion, nowadays I am not reading them practically at all, there’s too much going on there. :P And all in all, a new PC should fix most of the problems. I am a person that doesn’t easily throw old stuff away before they’re really broken, sooo I’m not sure when that’s going to happen. :P

It’s good to see that the forums seem to do very well and we have lots of activity here! I’m really hoping to jump along some time in the future. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #396 on: July 02, 2020, 12:25:13 AM »
If you have any paid cloud storage (DropBox, etc), consider a move to OneDrive. OneDrive subscription also comes with an MS Office licence, at a similar (or perhaps even lower) price as other providers.

Otherwise, consider if LibreOffice might be sufficient for you.

Either of these may make the Office licence less of a concern.

Consider reformatting your current PC if you haven't already. It still won't make it a new PC, but it can help clear things out.

Ultimately though, at 6 years old, I think I'd be replacing for sure, especially if it wasn't very high-end.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 03, 2020, 01:14:24 AM »
Welcome back Akseli! :thumbsup:

Hope things get better for you :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 03, 2020, 10:51:43 PM »
I hope you can get well and get a new PC soon; we miss you Akseli! :)

Are you trying to use Discord through a browser? Because I've been using the app (not through a browser) for years now and have never had it ask for a capcha.
Or perhaps it has to do with not staying logged in. I'm not even sure of this but I'm guessing that either the app doesn't require log it or I have it set to permanently being logged in because I never log in to discord.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2020, 07:12:11 PM »
I will be at my hometown starting from tomorrow on until somewhere next week.

So less activity during this timeframe as I don't have access to discord and don't have the time to playtest/edit stuff. I will visit the forum when I get to it though.

I can just quote myself here again. ;P

My birthday is this Sunday and I plan to visit my hometown as a result. :)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 06, 2020, 09:58:24 PM »
I've been taking a bit of a break from Lemmings recently, been getting into some of my other hobbies and pursuits, as well as (attempting to) get a few real-life things back on track. Hope to be a bit more active over the coming weeks, great to see you all again!

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 13, 2020, 03:42:06 AM »
I'M ALIVE. I was on here as DumbLem back in the early 2000s, then I disappeared for a couple years, and I think the last time I was on here was in 2010. In 2010 I renamed myself to Xan Kriegor, made a couple comments here and there, and a long comment in random story, then promptly vanished off the face of the Earth again. I'm hoping to stick around a little bit longer this time, maybe try to get Lemmini running and see what that's all about, and maybe make/finish a couple Lix levels that I started back in 2016!

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 13, 2020, 03:45:54 AM »
Welcome back after so long, Liebatron! Looks like you were able to regain access to your original account, after all. Awesome! :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #403 on: November 13, 2020, 04:43:10 AM »
maybe try to get Lemmini running and see what that's all about

Lemmini has not been relevant for a long time now. The vast majority of custom content is on NeoLemmix these days, and almost all the rest is Lix. SuperLemmini gets very occasional content - most of it conversions from other engines rather than original content. (There's been a big spike in conversions lately, but this is more a one-off wave and in general SL content comes quite slowly.)

NeoLemmix is likely to get a new update released tomorrow - so if you're in no rush, you may as well wait until that comes out before setting it up. (EDIT: Said update is now released.)

That aside - Lemmings 2, Lemmings 3 and Lemmings 3D are all possible to edit now; that may be news to you. I'm not too familiar with L2 and L3 editing myself though, but ask around and someone will be able to help.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 01:04:45 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 22, 2020, 12:53:02 AM »
As always, I am at my hometown for christmas, so less activity during that timeframe and further contest entries will be verified when I'm back again. :)