Author Topic: Lemmix goes Custom  (Read 13666 times)

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmix goes Custom
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 04:52:29 PM »
I think somebody mentioned embedding only the tiles that are used.  If level size is a concern, that is probably my favored solution.  Levels could be played without finding the tileset needed, but you'd still need the full tileset if you wanted to edit the level.

Consider that for DOS Lemmings, a graphics set is ~30kB.  Granted, Eric probably won't be storing the data quite so compactly, but these level files aren't going to be measured in megabytes. ;)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 06:09:34 PM »
Does anyone know the Cheapo lemmings format?  That could be helpful, because I don't think they were that large, and you could easily put in custom graphics.

I guess the best way to see the size would be to test it out, wouldn't it?  ;)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 08:13:06 PM »
I believe the Cheapo lemmings level format uses compression.  You can tell since if you put one in a zip file, the zip file's size is about the same as the original file size.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 02:12:59 PM »
The terrain in a Cheapo level is just a huge bitmap.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2009, 04:06:19 PM »
Why don't you try my vertical level "The grey matter". It's not from Cheapo but it can be downloaded from my level pack lm_set03. There is a similar template to this level in the file lm_set11.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 02:55:04 AM »
Then you would you have done that?

Offline weirdybeardy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 04:25:21 PM »
Umm, hello!

I've been a lurker for a litlle while around here lately. I don't post often these days, but I still surf the forums. Some of you might remember me from the levels I uploaded last year, some of you won't, but that doesn't matter. Sorry if bumping this thread is unwarranted, but I couldn't resist asking if there's any progress on this project because it sounds really exciting.  :thumbsup:
My projects:

Lemmings in Weirdyland (NeoLemmix):
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6135.0

My levels for Lemmings 2 The Tribes can be found here:
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=990.0

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 04:48:09 PM »
It's nice to have you here, weirdybeardy! :D You haven't noticed me yet, but I heard that this new forum is really taking over the old one! There are a couple of new users (Including me) with new level packs on the Lemmings file archive, so why not come in and enjoy the brand new creations by us. There are still a lot of stuff to keep you busy if you haven't turned away from the beloved game of the 90s.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 10:13:55 PM »
Ummm, yeah.  It took out the old one.  Mr. K closed it, you know.