Author Topic: Lemmings presents GOTTA GO FAST!!! v1.56 [Difficulty: Medium - Very Hard]  (Read 15364 times)

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings presents GOTTA GO FAST!!! v1.3 [Difficulty: Medium - Very Hard]
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2021, 12:52:20 AM »
Resolved updated 7 levels 8-)
42 -> 17 -> 7 -> ???

My bet is 3 8-)
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings presents GOTTA GO FAST!!! v1.3 [Difficulty: Medium - Very Hard]
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2021, 03:02:20 AM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings presents GOTTA GO FAST!!! v1.4 [Difficulty: Medium - Very Hard]
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2021, 02:19:32 AM »
Lemmings Gotta Go Fast v1.4 is out

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:39:56 PM by Flopsy »

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2021, 05:22:10 AM »
Resolved updated levels.

I've got a good feeling about this :D

I attached my whole replays but you only need to check Sneaker9 and Toolkit12.
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2021, 01:23:03 AM »
Well done Armani, no fixes required because they are both the intended solutions :)

You now have fully solved the pack intended.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2022, 08:31:54 PM »
Finally got this done with all talismans. At the end the pack was quite a bit harder than SEBLems in my opinion.

I should have some nice new taliman ideas in here or improved some of Armani's records + some backroutes of course. Have fun. :)

To the next pack for my LOTY2021 list! :P

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
18/4/22: Gotta Go Fast v1.5 is out, with back route fixes on IchoTolot's posted solutions and more added talismans.

Updated pack can be downloaded in the first post attachments

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Finally had a chance to look at this pack this evening. I've made my way through the first few levels and I'm loving the themes, music and aesthetics. Great work, Flopsy :thumbsup:

Just one question so far: why are the rings only "collectible" in some levels, but not all? (In some levels, they appear as background objects only). It would've been a nice touch to make all of them collectible, particularly in the earlier levels where skills are plentiful enough to allow the challenge of collecting them all.

Anyways, I've attached a replay of level 1 which saves all lems and collects all rings :lemcat: I'll hopefully get some more replays together soonish, I'm looking forward to having a proper look at GGF.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Just one question so far: why are the rings only "collectible" in some levels, but not all? (In some levels, they appear as background objects only). It would've been a nice touch to make all of them collectible, particularly in the earlier levels where skills are plentiful enough to allow the challenge of collecting them all.

Anyways, I've attached a replay of level 1 which saves all lems and collects all rings :lemcat: I'll hopefully get some more replays together soonish, I'm looking forward to having a proper look at GGF.

To be honest with you, the rings were kind of just tacked on at the end (due to the feature only just existing a few months before release) and I just placed them in the manner they would appear in typical Sonic the Hedgehog levels (ie. groups of 3 in mid air, groups of 3 placed on the ground, placed all around loops and on curved "embankments") and they were not really placed in a way where they were all meant to be collected.

I probably would have done this but I honestly didn't think many people would play the pack due to it being entirely made of custom tilesets and also I focused more on talismans which unfortunately cannot acknowledge collecting all rings.

I misread your post initially and thought that you said some of the rings were not being collected when a Lemming goes through them!

Otherwise, thanks for your positive remarks and thanks for taking the time to post your feedback :)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
23/4/22: Gotta Go Fast v1.51 is out, just some further fixes to stuff I overlooked in Rose 20 and Shield 7 (talisman now removed).

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Here are my updated all talisman solutions. :) (except that new talisman on Super Sonic 6 that is currently impossible as saving the cloner makes you not reaching the save requirement)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
I probably would have done this but I honestly didn't think many people would play the pack due to it being entirely made of custom tilesets

Well... if I were willing to take the time to replace all non-collectible rings in your pack with collectible ones, would this be something you'd be interested in? It can probably be done via RegEx in a few seconds, tbh!

EDIT: I've done it and it's worked. I've sent you the pack via PM in case you don't want to release it with this change.

Also, I'm sure that your pack will end up being played by most of us, at least to some extent. A pack of this size and scope and with its Sonic theming is likely to attract anyone who loves Lemmings and Sonic, which I suspect is the majority of the people on the Forums :lemcat:

I focused more on talismans which unfortunately cannot acknowledge collecting all rings

There are ways to do this, actually. The rings could be placed as buttons which unlock a locked exit, and there are a number of ways to make a talisman require accessing a locked exit (placing a neutral lem near the locked exit and requiring n+1 would be one way, for example). Not that I'm suggesting you do this at this late stage, by any means, but it's maybe something to consider if you make any more sonic-themed levels in future.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 01:21:05 AM by WillLem »

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Also, I'm sure that your pack will end up being played by most of us, at least to some extent. A pack of this size and scope and with its Sonic theming is likely to attract anyone who loves Lemmings and Sonic, which I suspect is the majority of the people on the Forums :lemcat:

It's just something I've noticed over the years on these forums, a lot of users prefer the original styles over custom ones and that's just my opinion. To be honest I only pushed this pack through to completion as a promise I made to other users in the community, I mean the project did get cancelled twice during the 4 years of development.

I appreciate the enthusiasm though and you're playing the pack I suppose so that's a plus :)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
25/4/22: Gotta Go Fast v1.52 is out.

more back route fixes courtesy of IchoTolot on
Sneaker 8 and 21
Chilli Dog 1 and 19

Removed Talisman on Super Sonic 6

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile