Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.11.0-RC Released [RC2 update released]  (Read 9727 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix V12.11.0-RC Released [Correct editor uploaded]
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2021, 04:53:45 AM »
ok here is my original Loud 5 replay on Youtube using the shimmier on a stack after being a climber. Notice after climber returns to bash left under water area, there is only a shimmier and bomber left.
So to turn around the climber I used the shimmier on the stack(A bug in 12.10) which now is fixed in 12.11RC. This is the replay Strato saw to report the Climber Shimmier bug on a stack.
And I knew about this when it seems nobody ever noticed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cetAL0Lw-dk
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 05:02:40 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2021, 04:45:14 AM »
Ok, here is another interesting lemmings Open Air level. This time Heavy 13 (Let the Bodies hit the floor). (I posted 2 replays on Youtube, 1 for 12.10.3, and another for 12.11RC).
This level because of the swimmer change now affects the zombies. After setting the RR to 99 the zombies swim back and forth in the water by the bottom transporter eventually using it. (12.10.3)

BUT in 12.11RC after setting the RR to 99 the zombies don't swim back and forth. Any zombies going left past the bottom transporter swim off the left side of the screen. (thus my 12.10.3 replay
saves 1 extra lemming who platformed near top level due to no zombie turning him into a zombie.)

since this isn't what is supposed to happen I think this level needs a fix, even though it's solvable.

ok here are my 2 youtube replays for heavy 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyD8m0ETI80

12.11RC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c4FLDhyePs

Note: also just because one does a mass replay check on swimmer levels and it passes doesn't mean a level doesn't need a fix as shown in this one, so it's still good to actually play any with swimmers in them. Otherwise I wouldn't have caught this one if I just went by the Mass replay check.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 05:00:25 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2021, 04:17:37 PM »
Thanks a lot, eric! ;) Indeed, any level that has round / sloped terrain somewhere under water now runs the risk of pushing any Swimmers out of the level, over the bottom edge...
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2021, 06:28:23 AM »
Indeed, any level that has round / sloped terrain somewhere under water now runs the risk of pushing any Swimmers out of the level, over the bottom edge...

The need to tweak such levels (of which there are likely only a handful) is a small price to pay for the increased mobility and usability of the Swimmer, I'm sure you agree? :lemcat:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.11.0-RC Released [RC2 update released]
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2021, 07:53:10 PM »
RC2 update released. Mostly minor / technical stuff, see changelog in first post.

Attached ZIP can be used to update from (either upload of) RC1. Otherwise, grab the full download in the first post.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2021, 05:59:30 PM »
Is anyone having any futher issues with 12.11 (other than the editor not respecting sizes specified in aliases, which is a known issue)?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2021, 06:14:37 PM »
Minor issue I noticed: The piece selector appears to show the full graphic instead of the object at its default size (the object is the default size when placed, which is the behavior I expect). I think it's cleaner if the object you see in the selector matches the one you get when you place it into the level. In case an update was released that I didn't notice, the version I noticed this in reports its version as 1.34 in Options->About.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2021, 06:18:17 PM »
Minor issue I noticed: The piece selector appears to show the full graphic instead of the object at its default size (the object is the default size when placed, which is the behavior I expect). I think it's cleaner if the object you see in the selector matches the one you get when you place it into the level. In case an update was released that I didn't notice, the version I noticed this in reports its version as 1.34 in Options->About.

No exp-editor updates have been made, other than correcting the mistake where I originally included a new-skills exp build instead of 1.34.

If this is a relatively simple change to make, I'll do so - I'm not 100% sure how it renders those panels currently. If it's linked directly to the in-memory copy of the piece's graphic it might be tricky; on the other hand, if the panels have their own dedicated image data, it should be easy enough to do.
My Lemmings projects