Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.11.0-RC Released [RC2 update released]  (Read 9719 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
NeoLemmix V12.11.0-RC Released [RC2 update released]
« on: January 18, 2021, 09:34:54 PM »
The Release Candidate build for V12.11.0 is now here.

Known issues (click to show/hide)

Download (V12.11.0-RC2, editor V1.34 included): https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=490

This download only includes the Orig and OhNo styles, plus "default", "xmas" and "special". You can use the in-game Style Manager (in the Settings) to download other styles, or you can download styles manually:
- All styles: Not currently available for V12.11-RC; please use style manager or individual manual downloads.
- Any individual style: https://www.neolemmix.com/styles/12.11/XXXXXXXX.zip (replace XXXXXXXX with the style's name, eg: https://www.neolemmix.com/styles/12.11/orig_fire.zip for orig_fire)

As always, it is recommended you install the RC build to a new folder, rather than trying to use it in the same folder as your existing version of NeoLemmix. You can copy across your hotkeys file (from the Settings folder) after running the RC build for the first time.

Changelog (from V12.10.3) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 06:19:17 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.11.0-RC Released
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 09:39:21 PM »
Just as a point of clarification - V12.11.0 replays can be loaded on older NL versions, though they lose their improved Cloner tracking outside of V12.11.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 06:23:04 AM »
One more feature coming in RC2: Aliases will be able to specify a size. This means that if you have two pieces which are currently just different sizes of each other, you can delete one and use aliases to point it towards the other (while maintaining the correct size).

Editor-side support is still needed for this.
My Lemmings projects

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 07:22:59 AM »
Exciting stuff! This looks like it's going to be the best update since 12.10! :lemcat:

I've been playing with the new Swimmer stuff, and I've found what might be a bug. A Swimmer encountering a downward slope exits the water (yay!), unless the water is positioned at the top of the level, and then they swim upwards and off the edge of the level...! This happens even if you put a ceiling between the water and the top of the level ???

This video shows the behaviour in action.

EDIT: After further investigation, it seems that there needs to be at least 7px of terrain between the water and the ceiling to prevent the Swimmer from "ascending" out. It doesn't matter how deep into the terrain the water trigger goes, and it only happens where the setup is at the very top of a level.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 08:42:34 AM by WillLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 09:59:49 PM »
I've been playing with the new Swimmer stuff, and I've found what might be a bug. A Swimmer encountering a downward slope exits the water (yay!), unless the water is positioned at the top of the level, and then they swim upwards and off the edge of the level...! This happens even if you put a ceiling between the water and the top of the level ???

This video shows the behaviour in action.

EDIT: After further investigation, it seems that there needs to be at least 7px of terrain between the water and the ceiling to prevent the Swimmer from "ascending" out. It doesn't matter how deep into the terrain the water trigger goes, and it only happens where the setup is at the very top of a level.

It's not a bug, keeping in mind that pixels outside the level area are always nonsolid and have no trigger effect. The lemming encounters a solid pixel at its current height, with a nonsolid pixel above it at a height to which it can ascend, so steps up (via Ascender if necessary). At this point it's outside the level boundaries, so dies.

To visualize it a bit better, look at the attached image. All three preplaced lemmings are swimmers - they don't have athlete colors purely because this screenshot was taken in the editor. (Or maybe I actually didn't make them swimmers, I'm genuinely not sure now, but that doesn't matter as it's just a screenshot.) The bottom-left one is not touching a level boundary. You'd expect him to swim to the edge, then step up onto the steel. The top-left one is just this exact same arrangement, but moved so that the top of the water / steel is touching the level boundary. You'd still expect the same here - he steps up, because it's the same setup, and only open space above. The only difference is that after stepping up he's outside the level, so dies.

That brings us to the top-right case, which can be a bit tricky - what you need to keep in mind is that everything outside the level area is always nonsolid and no trigger area. So, even though the water and steel are graphically cut off part-way, they don't extend beyond the boundary - they're cut off, and it's still empty space above. Thus, this situation is no different from the top-left one.

With that being said - this may not be a bug, but these kind of edge cases are exactly the place to be looking for bugs, so thanks for reporting it nonetheless. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 10:55:19 PM »
It's not a bug, keeping in mind that pixels outside the level area are always nonsolid and have no trigger effect. The lemming encounters a solid pixel at its current height, with a nonsolid pixel above it at a height to which it can ascend, so steps up (via Ascender if necessary). At this point it's outside the level boundaries, so dies.

I understand this, and I absolutely would expect this behaviour if there were no solid terrain above the Swimmer. But, in the example video, the lemming is stepping through solid terrain to ascend above the level, not simply stepping out of the water...

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 11:03:25 PM »
How about this?

This lemming in the image below is a swimmer. It drops into the water and begins to swim towards the exit. It dives down during the first downward slope, but it ascends on the second one and gets caught in the trap. Is this behaviour a bug?

I have also attached the level to this post so you may try it out.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 01:22:54 AM »

I understand this, and I absolutely would expect this behaviour if there were no solid terrain above the Swimmer. But, in the example video, the lemming is stepping through solid terrain to ascend above the level, not simply stepping out of the water...

Take the exact setup you're talking about - water, followed by a wall 6px or less tall - and move it away from the top of the level. Do you expect the lemming to step up onto the top of the wall? (For reference, this is the same distance a walker can ascend.) If yes, then it is not a bug that it happens at the top of the level - because that's what's above the terrain there, empty space.

This lemming in the image below is a swimmer. It drops into the water and begins to swim towards the exit. It dives down during the first downward slope, but it ascends on the second one and gets caught in the trap. Is this behaviour a bug?

Again, this is tricky, because a walker in the same situation would be able to ascend the second but not the first. However, with this one, I do see why it might make sense to change the behavior here. What would you feel should happen in these alternate cases? (Assume that any pixel that's blue is water trigger area.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 02:56:15 AM »
Again, this is tricky, because a walker in the same situation would be able to ascend the second but not the first. However, with this one, I do see why it might make sense to change the behavior here. What would you feel should happen in these alternate cases? (Assume that any pixel that's blue is water trigger area.)

Hmm... I'm starting to see why this may be a problem to fix. I would expect the lemming to dive in A, but B is less clear cut. My gut thought is dive again because the top of the ledge is not directly visible to the lemming, but I can easily imagine this breaking some existing content.
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 03:16:11 AM »
a swimmer... drops into the water and begins to swim towards the exit. It dives down during the first downward slope, but it ascends on the second one and gets caught in the trap. Is this behaviour a bug?

It's not a bug as such, since I understand what namida is saying now: the Swimmer treats the surface of the water exactly the same way as a Walker would treat terrain, and so ascends whenever they meet a vertical wall of </=6px.

The following picture illustrates what's happening:

However, it does feel like something different should happen when there is terrain immediately above and behind the Swimmer, so...

Based on the above image, I would suggest that the large pink dot is where the Swimmer makes an additional terrain check that a Walker does not (necessarily).

So, in situations C and D, there is no terrain immediately above and behind the swimmer, so they ascend as normal (in the latter case, they would transition to Walker before doing so anyway). However, it does seem that examples A and B present situations that should not be navigable to a lemming mid-swim.

Physics-wise, I'd suggest that in these instances (even if the lem is a Climber-Swimmer); if there is terrain above them, they should dive if they can, or turn around if they cannot. "Diving" would, essentially, be the opposite behaviour to "ascending", which is what a Walker would do in these situations. The upright position of a Walker vs. the horizontal position of a Swimmer justifies the difference.

My gut thought is dive again because the top of the ledge is not directly visible to the lemming, but I can easily imagine this breaking some existing content.

Agreed, this tweak may cause potential for level breakage. However, since there have recently been other changes to Swimmer behaviour (specifically when they're also Climbers), maybe now is the time to make the change if at all.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 03:22:22 AM by WillLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2021, 05:41:36 AM »

Hmm... I'm starting to see why this may be a problem to fix. I would expect the lemming to dive in A, but B is less clear cut. My gut thought is dive again because the top of the ledge is not directly visible to the lemming, but I can easily imagine this breaking some existing content.

The thing is though: Both situations are the same. The lemming encounters a wall going upwards, and a slope going downwards, with a bit of an overhang above. The only difference is how far the overhang extends, but in both case it extends out further than where the lemming is stepping up.

The actual behavior here in turn, just ignores any overhang whatsoever, much in the same way a walker does when stepping up. Taking this into account, the two situations A and B are further the same thing as WillLem's C, as far as the Swimmer -> Ascender transition is concerned. While it has quite significant differences, the Swimmer is ultimately based on the Walker, which is part of where these behaviors come from.

(That does not mean it can't be changed; just explaining why it's how it is.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 06:03:27 AM »
The thing is though: Both situations are the same. The lemming encounters a wall going upwards, and a slope going downwards, with a bit of an overhang above. The only difference is how far the overhang extends, but in both case it extends out further than where the lemming is stepping up.

That is fundamentally the reason why my belief is that both situations should give the same result.
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2021, 06:20:44 AM »
the two situations A and B are further the same thing as WillLem's C, as far as the Swimmer -> Ascender transition is concerned. While it has quite significant differences, the Swimmer is ultimately based on the Walker, which is part of where these behaviors come from.

(That does not mean it can't be changed; just explaining why it's how it is.)

It's an interesting thing to have discovered, as I wouldn't have expected the two to be so closely linked, particularly because a Swimmer can move around within a water trigger area, whereas Walkers can only walk on the surface of terrain, unless they're tunnelling through it.

This, coupled with the horizontal/vertical orientation of the skills, consolidates my view that the two ought to have different behaviours when encountering the above situation. An overhead terrain check for Swimmers (as I suggested) may be one way to do it, but I'm not sure how it will affect other situations tbf.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 01:41:07 AM by WillLem »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2021, 08:12:11 AM »
I don't think the lemming should always try to dive down.

I would expect him to go through small ceilings in such a situation, as he encounters a small overhang below (even if it's just a pixel).

I think the confusion comes from that an overhang of 1 pixels is already enough to trigger this, but I think you are underestimating a main point here: A swimmer always strifes to get UP and out of the water.

He will always go up if he has a chance and down only if there is no other way (no way to go up or step out). He does not want to dive.

Also I see quite a bit of breakage potential in such a change as stepping out of water surrounded by rougher terrain is quite a common situation.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2021, 06:43:47 PM »
Okay so ultimately - that's not a bug. It may be a bit surprising, but it's logical when broken down. And as such, this behavior will remain as-is.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.11.0-RC Released [Correct editor uploaded]
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 01:00:24 AM »
The issue with the editor was that the wrong version of the editor was included in the download.

I've reuploaded it with the correct editor now, so if you haven't downloaded it anyway - download in the first post has the correct editor now. If you only need the updated editor, it's attached to this post. (There is no other change in the reupload.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 09:30:55 PM »
I gave terrain resizing a whirl. Looks good.

https://i.imgur.com/oKUXLUo.png

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 09:37:43 PM »
After the thing with the swimmer edge cases has been cleared, I will then run a bunch of replays through the RC version to check for any breakage this weekend. :)

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 02:39:10 AM »
I gave terrain resizing a whirl. Looks good.

:thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2021, 06:10:09 PM »
After the thing with the swimmer edge cases has been cleared, I will then run a bunch of replays through the RC version to check for any breakage this weekend. :)

For the overhang case, I decided to leave things as is, so all that remains is testing the other changes to make sure breakage is at acceptable levels (or even better, that there isn't any, but that might be hoping for a bit much).
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2021, 01:39:39 PM »
Results from checking MY replay collection of a bunch of packs that have swimmers in it (or I was unsure if they have ;P):

Lemmings United: 0 breaks

NeoLemmix Introduction pack: 0 breaks

Lemmings World Tour: 2 breaks

- Professional 7: Lemmings swim out the bottom of the level instead of turning around. Breakage because of change that lemmings can dow swim down out of the water. Fixable.
- Rockstar 18: Level actively uses the 4 pixel threshold that to seperate climbers from swimmers. Only maybe fixable.

The lemmings have grown: 1 break

- Morning walk 25: Level accidentally uses the 4 pixel threshold so that a climber now dives. (Wall right of the exit cave) Fixable though as it's just accidentally used.

Sammings 2: 1 break

- Castle 4: Replay broke because of changed dive behavior. Only the replay broke though and the level is still solvable.

MegSEGAbytes: 0 breaks

Lemmings Destination: 0 breaks

Assorted Gubbins: 0 breaks

All Hallow's Eve: 0 breaks

GodLems: 0 breaks

Lemmings Plus VI: 0 breaks

Modular Lems: 0 breaks

Renaissance Lemmings: 0 breaks

SEB Lems: 0 breaks

Festival Millas 2018: 0 breaks

Festival Millas 2019: 0 breaks

Integral Lemmings: 0 breaks

WillLem's Xmas Lemmings 2019: 0 breaks

Yippee! More Lemmings: 0 breaks

So far the breaksge is quite low with only 3 breaks that require action. Therefore I am currently still for the change.

I highly advertise other people to mass replay check other packs with swimmers that I did not cover here! :8():
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 01:51:10 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2021, 04:14:17 PM »
Quote from: IchoTolot
- Professional 7: Lemmings swim out the bottom of the level instead of turning around. Breakage because of change that lemmings can dow swim down out of the water. Fixable.
- Rockstar 18: Level actively uses the 4 pixel threshold that to seperate climbers from swimmers. Only maybe fixable.

Well, thanks for doing my work for me, IchoTolot! :thumbsup: Indeed, I'll have to see to what extent this can be fixed at all for Rockstar 18.
Don't expect this fix before the stable version of 12.11 comes out, though.

The Swimmer was such a long-established skill back when I made those levels that I didn't expect anything to ever change about it again. Therefore, I don't have a bad conscience about having made a level where this 4-pixel threshold is actually crucial. But now, at least for the New-Formats version, we'll have to look forward and see whether the level can even continue to work to begin with.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2021, 07:07:15 PM »
With only 4 breaks over that many levels, I am more than satisfied that this is a case of "benefits of fixing a glitchy behavior outweigh the breakage impact", so I'll be leaving these changes as-is (unless further actual bugs are found). The Glider fix in 12.9 had far more breakage than that and was still considered acceptable.
My Lemmings projects

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2021, 08:24:09 PM »
I tried the mass replay check on Lemmings Open Air. 1 level broke, Loud 21 (I Believe I can fly). It seems the swimmer hatched lemmings can't climb up onto the stoners.

Edit: There is no problem with the swimmers and stoners in Loud 21. Just had to reposition the stoners, although seemed more difficult in 12.11RC.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 11:59:49 PM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2021, 09:48:33 PM »
I tried the mass replay check on Lemmings Open Air. 1 level broke, Loud 21 (I Believe I can fly). It seems the swimmer hatched lemmings can't climb up onto the stoners.

The swimmers can step up on them, the stoners just need careful positioning due to the swimmer transition on how they step on terrain. In any case, the breakage is nothing related to the swimmer change, since there's no ledge or ceiling that swimmers need to ascend or descend on that level. Just solved the level, and so the level is still possible. Also, I mass replay checked LOA, and plenty of them break, but that's because a lot of levels have changed since I last finished the pack. I will need to go back and resolve the changed levels. However, none of them break due to the swimmer change for 12.11RC.

While we're on the subject of replays possibly breaking due to the swimmer change, here's what I found:

Lemminas: No breakage

Doomsday Lemmings: No breakage

Shmolems: No breakage

I've mass replay checked other packs, but Icho already reported on them or turns out they didn't have any swimmers provided. In any case, none of them broke either, including Tame Gone Wild, Clammings, Nuked Lems, and Ron Stard's Rodents

« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 12:21:28 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2021, 11:28:41 PM »
I'll mention this here in case anyone happens to know what I'm talking about: While I was testing a level in 12.10, definitely remember encountering a setup with an updraft and gliders in which non-climbers would turn around, but climbers would continue. Considering there isn't a glider->climber transition, this seems like a bug, possibly related to the climber-swimmer behavior fixed in this version. As such, I wanted to verify it still occurs in this version before reporting it, but I couldn't replicate the setup at all, even in 12.10 - I should have saved the version of the level that exhibited it, in retrospect, but I thought it would be easy to recreate, and it was an undesired behavior for the level I was working on, so I altered the terrain so it wouldn't happen. Either I'm just remembering things wrong and it never actually happened, or it was caused by something other than what I thought was causing it, therefore causing the recreation attempts to fail. It involved an updraft transitioning into a sloped overhang, e.g. something like L2 Egypt block_04 or block_09.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2021, 11:54:23 PM »
Thanks Kaywhyn, I went ahead and solved the level over again in 12.11RC, Seemed more difficult, but I managed it(although saved 1 fewer lemmings so just met requirement instead of 1 over in 12.10.03.)

Anyways here is my 12.11RC loud 21 replay(also works in 12.10.3). also posted it on Youtube. Also I wonder why my 12.10.03 Loud 21 replay then would fail in 12.11RC?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toAnwP6s5R0

also like the new postview jingles.

Of course my Loud 5 replay that used the climber and shimmier that can jump off the stack no longer works in 12.11RC which is a good thing that Namida fixed.

It's just I want to have the Loud 21 solution for when 12.11 comes out.

Note: It's still good to check packs with no swimmers to make sure no levels relied on the cliimber shimmier bug(hopefully nobody did this).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 04:17:51 AM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2021, 12:31:37 AM »
Nice job, eric! :thumbsup: Yes, I apparently had the really old Loud 21 version. With the steel wall added, I agree that the level is way harder now. Even I struggled, but in the end I managed to save 1 more than the requirement. I don't see any reason why your Loud 21 replay would break either ???

edit: Ah, I see now why Loud 21 is so much harder as a result of the swimmer fix. In 12.10.3,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At least Loud 21 is still solvable, just way harder now due to the swimmer change. So, I believe I might be wrong here in that the replay: It does break due to the swimmer change.

Note: It's still good to check packs with no swimmers to make sure no levels relied on the cliimber shimmier bug(hopefully nobody did this).

I never used it in any of my solutions, so therefore I never had to check for this. I didn't even know about it until Strato reported it :P
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 12:46:11 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2021, 12:40:20 AM »
The reason, Kaywhyn, Strato reported it was because that was my solution for Loud 5 at the beginning. If you go look at Strato's responses to my early loud replays, you will notice his response was shock. He didn't even know it was possible. I did though. Even though I knew it wasn't supposed to happen, I wanted to see Strato's response to that level when I posted it.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2021, 12:51:13 AM »
Yes, I remember reading Strato's feedback about the climber shimmer on a stack. Except for you, I think no one knew about it.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2021, 04:53:45 AM »
ok here is my original Loud 5 replay on Youtube using the shimmier on a stack after being a climber. Notice after climber returns to bash left under water area, there is only a shimmier and bomber left.
So to turn around the climber I used the shimmier on the stack(A bug in 12.10) which now is fixed in 12.11RC. This is the replay Strato saw to report the Climber Shimmier bug on a stack.
And I knew about this when it seems nobody ever noticed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cetAL0Lw-dk
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 05:02:40 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2021, 04:45:14 AM »
Ok, here is another interesting lemmings Open Air level. This time Heavy 13 (Let the Bodies hit the floor). (I posted 2 replays on Youtube, 1 for 12.10.3, and another for 12.11RC).
This level because of the swimmer change now affects the zombies. After setting the RR to 99 the zombies swim back and forth in the water by the bottom transporter eventually using it. (12.10.3)

BUT in 12.11RC after setting the RR to 99 the zombies don't swim back and forth. Any zombies going left past the bottom transporter swim off the left side of the screen. (thus my 12.10.3 replay
saves 1 extra lemming who platformed near top level due to no zombie turning him into a zombie.)

since this isn't what is supposed to happen I think this level needs a fix, even though it's solvable.

ok here are my 2 youtube replays for heavy 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyD8m0ETI80

12.11RC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c4FLDhyePs

Note: also just because one does a mass replay check on swimmer levels and it passes doesn't mean a level doesn't need a fix as shown in this one, so it's still good to actually play any with swimmers in them. Otherwise I wouldn't have caught this one if I just went by the Mass replay check.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 05:00:25 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2021, 04:17:37 PM »
Thanks a lot, eric! ;) Indeed, any level that has round / sloped terrain somewhere under water now runs the risk of pushing any Swimmers out of the level, over the bottom edge...
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2021, 06:28:23 AM »
Indeed, any level that has round / sloped terrain somewhere under water now runs the risk of pushing any Swimmers out of the level, over the bottom edge...

The need to tweak such levels (of which there are likely only a handful) is a small price to pay for the increased mobility and usability of the Swimmer, I'm sure you agree? :lemcat:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.11.0-RC Released [RC2 update released]
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2021, 07:53:10 PM »
RC2 update released. Mostly minor / technical stuff, see changelog in first post.

Attached ZIP can be used to update from (either upload of) RC1. Otherwise, grab the full download in the first post.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2021, 05:59:30 PM »
Is anyone having any futher issues with 12.11 (other than the editor not respecting sizes specified in aliases, which is a known issue)?
My Lemmings projects

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2021, 06:14:37 PM »
Minor issue I noticed: The piece selector appears to show the full graphic instead of the object at its default size (the object is the default size when placed, which is the behavior I expect). I think it's cleaner if the object you see in the selector matches the one you get when you place it into the level. In case an update was released that I didn't notice, the version I noticed this in reports its version as 1.34 in Options->About.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2021, 06:18:17 PM »
Minor issue I noticed: The piece selector appears to show the full graphic instead of the object at its default size (the object is the default size when placed, which is the behavior I expect). I think it's cleaner if the object you see in the selector matches the one you get when you place it into the level. In case an update was released that I didn't notice, the version I noticed this in reports its version as 1.34 in Options->About.

No exp-editor updates have been made, other than correcting the mistake where I originally included a new-skills exp build instead of 1.34.

If this is a relatively simple change to make, I'll do so - I'm not 100% sure how it renders those panels currently. If it's linked directly to the in-memory copy of the piece's graphic it might be tricky; on the other hand, if the panels have their own dedicated image data, it should be easy enough to do.
My Lemmings projects