2 (22.2%)
DoveLems
1 (11.1%)
PimoLems
2 (22.2%)
No restrictions - allow nominating levels from any pack
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Save-'em-up Contest #1 (Lemmings Redux)  (Read 16404 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Save-'em-up Contest #1 (Lemmings Redux)
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2021, 03:07:38 AM »
:party:

Big congratulations to everyone who made the 900 club, Pooty for winning, and Mantha for beating namida :lemcat:

Since Silken and I are bringing up the rear here, I'm compelled to re-arrange the results so that they're in order of lems-per-skill; in this context, I've actually done quite well!

1 - Pooty - 5.32 lems per skill (1010 lemmings saved/190 skills used)
2 - WillLem - 4.94 lems per skill (865 lemmings saved/175 skills used)
3 - Gronkling - 4.92 lems per skill (965 lemmings saved/196 skills used)
4 - namida - 4.83 lems per skill (869 lemmings saved/180 skills used)
5 - mantha16 - 4.77 lems per skill (892 lemmings saved/187 skills used)
6 - Proxima - 4.73 lems per skill (946 lemmings saved/200 skills used)
7 - Minim - 4.72 lems per skill (935 lemmings saved/198 skills used)
8 - Silken Healer - 323 lemmings saved (71 skills used / 4.55 lems per skill)

Theeere we go, that's better :lemcat:

Pooty is still the winner in terms of lems-per-skill, which is incredible. Silken, of course, wins in terms of fewest skills used, and Proxima wins in terms of having managed to make use of every skill! So, everyone's happy :thumbsup:

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2021, 10:38:08 PM »
Congratulations, Pooty! :thumbsup: I believe this is the first contest you've won, right?

Yep, I believe it is! :D

I enjoyed this contest, and it was constantly on my mind during the playing phase. I was always thinking of ways to try and save on the skills I was using in the hopes that I could either eke out more lemmings or attempt to win on a potential tiebreak. On the last day, I had freed up enough skills to bring my total to a nice round 1,010.

I look forward to the next contest.

I've also uploaded my replays onto YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLbDUBmcL40
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2021, 09:48:21 AM »
Looking forward to watching your replays. I deliberately stopped once I got past the 900 mark for a bit of "gloss" :P

Poll-wise, looks like there's no contest. :smug: I voted Lemminas purely because there were some vertical levels that we hadn't come across yet. LPOII could be another potential contender.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2021, 09:35:36 PM »
Looking forward to watching your replays. I deliberately stopped once I got past the 900 mark for a bit of "gloss" :P

Poll-wise, looks like there's no contest. :smug: I voted Lemminas purely because there were some vertical levels that we hadn't come across yet. LPOII could be another potential contender.

My goal was to go with a few well-known, suitable-for-newcomers packs. I was on the fence about including Lemminas here, actually, but what pushed me towards including it was the fact that unlike the rest, it was designed with new skills in mind, not just old ones, so could potentially be more interesting.

Given that the poll is very split, I may just have to pick one arbitrarily, or narrow it down to two options. Or perhaps just give the completely-open-ended one a shot...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2021, 01:59:18 AM »
Regarding Lemminas, I think it would be cool to do a 'lemminas-only' version of this contest at some point, if that helps with decision-making at all...

I hasten to add that I'm suggesting that not because it's my pack, but because I genuinely think it would be quite neat :lemcat:

With that said, I ultimately voted for "No restrictions" because I also think that a mixture of levels from lots of different custom packs (including Lemminas, of course!) would be best overall.