Author Topic: MANTHA MAKES ...  (Read 2501 times)

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
MANTHA MAKES ...
« on: December 08, 2020, 07:14:04 AM »
Welcome to a random series of video's I am going to make for helping newbie content creators with building neolemmix levels.  in no particular order and probably not logical but I am starting with a video of making a custom animation to use for decorative purposes

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: MANTHA MAKES ...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 07:55:37 AM »
Just saw the downloaded video via the Photos app on windows. Not too bad, although the video noticeably cuts off around halfway. Still, it's nice to see some effort put into this!

From what I can gather, it does have potential with the selection of programs you chose but the animation order is a bit awkward. At least you got the animation to work with Paint Shop Pro and Pixlr X. The Italian flag also covers the entire canvas, which is OK, but if you can do that on an entrance, exit or anything else that has a bit of background to it you'll be a true expert on this.

I haven't created any graphic sets for about 4 years, but if I want to I use GIMP for adding background pixels to my images.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 02:25:17 PM »
That will be very helpful to lots of people Mantha :thumbsup: I've got a feeling that there are a lot more people that are not registered on this forum than there is that is registered, I could be wrong. I've not made a custom graphic set yet, I might maybe think about that in the future.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 05:14:26 PM »
This is a great thing to have a video tutorial for. With that being said - I suggest uploading it to Youtube, or a similar site. That's always going to be more user-friendly than directly uploading a video file.

Let us know if you need help with the "how" part of that.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 07:09:10 PM »
Good thinking I'll upload it later to YouTube and do it for future bids I was trying to figure how to imbed the video into a post and a YouTube link will be the easiest way

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 07:42:48 PM »
https://youtu.be/ShuldSWNke4 as per Namida's suggestion I've uploaded to youtube and thats where ill put future videos

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 07:53:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07YG0pdYmug a short video on making sure your neolemmix levels have unique ID's

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 08:13:43 PM »
https://youtu.be/_cXhylrRBIU

and another video on how to use the grouping feature in editor and the benefits of doing so

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 12:01:51 AM »
These are great, Mantha - keep up the good work! Let me know if you need any help with editing or anything.