Author Topic: [LP] WillLem Plays Through Just The First Rank Of A Bunch Of Custom Packs in NL!  (Read 921 times)

Online kaywhyn

• View Profile
Nice job, WillLem! :thumbsup: Level 10 is indeed the hardest one of the pack. I first played the pack via Custlemm (custom lemming levels on Dos, which is the lemmings computer engine that I grew up with, and as you already know there are some major differences on some of the levels on Dos vs the Amiga, the major one being that most levels had the water removed on Dos) a really long time ago and I was able to beat all the levels, including the last one, albeit with much difficulty on the final one. Just like with mantha, the hint I offered is to take advantage of how you can lose up to 16 lemmings in the level. This means if you use all 6 blockers you can still lose up to an additional 10 lemmings. Also, you might want to find a better way to get up to the platform at the top so that you have the necessary amount of builders for the end.

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
Episode #3: Rodents by Ron Stard is up! 8-)

First of all, thank you for playing my pack. But you were playing an outdated version of it:I made several (but minor terrain) changes in a new version (1.0.1) and updated it in the corresponding thread. These changes weren't made to affect the intended solutions, but to prevent backroutes. I think I informed you of it via P.M. Sorry if I didn't :-[

You can find the current version here:

https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4870.0

I see you have struggles with some levels. I can give you some hints if you want =)

I'm glad you appreciate the decoration of the levels, as well as the intended solution in No time for a spa :thumbsup: . The solution for The Freedom Man was not the intended one, but I like it. Can you try that solution in the new version of my levelpack?

And yes, the title of the final level is inspired by the current worldwide situation. I hope everything get back to the normality soon. Can you solve it without Pause, as in one of your challenges? :thumbsup:

Please, give my pack another chance! I promise you it's really Amusing!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 12:45:35 pm by Ron_Stard »

Offline WillLem

• "I can't think of a billion billion things!" - BB
    • View Profile
First of all, thank you for playing my pack. But you were playing an outdated version of it... I think I informed you of it via P.M. Sorry if I didn't :-[

Ah - my bad, you did indeed inform me of the update. I thought I did actually have the most up-to-date version... my apologies!

You can find the current version here:

I see you have struggles with some levels. I can give you some hints if you want =)

I've now downloaded the most recent version for sure, and yes - some hints would be great!

The solution for The Freedom Man was not the intended one, but I like it. Can you try that solution in the new version of my levelpack?

Just checked it - the solution doesn't work on the new version, aaand I now can't solve it! :crylaugh: :forehead:

Can you solve it (the final level) without Pause, as in one of your challenges? :thumbsup:

Absolutely! :lemcat:

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile

Can you solve it (the final level) without Pause, as in one of your challenges? :thumbsup:

Absolutely! :lemcat:

Never thought it was going to be THAT hard!

I've now downloaded the most recent version for sure, and yes - some hints would be great!

Ok, let's go!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline WillLem

• "I can't think of a billion billion things!" - BB
    • View Profile
Never thought it was going to be THAT hard!

Haha! :crylaugh: I probably made it look harder than it actually was by not planning the order of the actions first. :forehead:

I'm more of a do-er than a planner, so for pause-frees I tend to make multiple attempts that basically involve gradually shaping the final solution. If I took the time to plan it all first, it would likely take fewer attempts and look easier, but I wouldn't find that approach as much fun! ;P :lemcat: