Author Topic: [SUG][OBJECT] Buttons to turn off treadmills  (Read 1436 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SUG][OBJECT] Buttons to turn off treadmills
« on: April 01, 2020, 09:13:33 PM »
It's in the title, really... have it so buttons can disable treadmills if they're paired?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: [SUG][OBJECT] Buttons to turn off treadmills
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 09:24:31 PM »
Bouncing on that idea, buttons could enable/disable any object, or change the direction of one-way walls and one-way fields (and "treadmills" are just one-way fields, not a separate object type).

It would be cool, but we'd have to have new graphics for the disabled state of every object. Traps would also have to distinguish disabled from disarmed.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 10:19:28 PM »
I'd support this! :thumbsup: This would essentially also allow for the creation of "barriers" like in Lemmings Revolution, which you can open and close with switches, by applying this logic to vertical one-way fields. Sure, these barriers would be permeable from one side, but this will suffice a lot of times, I think...
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 11:44:48 PM »
I like the idea as refined by Proxima. Being able to toggle objects would have a lot of puzzle potential. Showing what button is paired to what object would be a bit of a challenge, though - but I think it would be possible to overcome. Maybe hovering over a button would draw a line between it and the object it's attached to (even when not in clear physics), and a hotkey could be available to toggle the lines being drawn all the time for large levels where the button and object it's attached to might not both be visible at the same time.