Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] The Krow Files  (Read 4028 times)

Offline DireKrow

• Noisy Crow
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] The Krow Files
« on: February 20, 2020, 01:00:56 PM »
The Krow Files

Greetings everyone~ I've decided I wanted to try my hand at making some levels in NeoLemmix. While I may eventually make a significant level pack of some sort, for now I wanted somewhere I could release the odd level or two, without committing to such a big project. This thread is where those releases will be. Introducing: The Krow Files! Over time, I'll release levels in small groups, usually with the levels in a group following a similar sort of style or being inspired by the same thing. Each group (or "file") will be a category, labelled File A, B, C and so on, expanding casually over time.

I consider the creation and maintenance of these levels to be a learning experience. If you do happen to play the levels, let me know what you think! I'm definitely open to feedback or suggestions, with the goal of improving future levels that I make. I encourage you to provide replays too, since not only will that help me identify and fix any backroutes, but seeing the paths of more experienced players is often a good source of ideas.

The download at the bottom of this post will be for all of the levels and metadata I've released thus far in one big pack. Beneath each heading is the downloads for the levels and solution replays of the individual files.

---

File A — First Levels (v1.2)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---

The Krow Files Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fitq5psjlt0x2i4/KrowFiles_12.8.zip?dl=1 (includes all of the levels and metadata; extract into NeoLemmix's home directory; tested using v12.8, compatibility with earlier versions is not guaranteed)

Enjoy~
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 06:15:55 AM by DireKrow »
LOTY 2020 Winner
My NeoLemmix Levels: The Krow Files (File A v1.2 released 21-Feb-2020)

Offline DireKrow

• Noisy Crow
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] The Krow Files
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 10:43:43 PM »
File A v1.1 is out. Downloads are in the OP.

Changes:

Unstable Elements: Fixed backroute discovered by Proxima.
Around The Block: Fixed backroute discovered by Armaniii.
Scratches In The Walls: Change to skill loadout. Adjustments to ensure an alternate solution still uses all of the non-climber skills.
Abyssal Descent: Change to skill loadout. Partially fixed backroute discovered by Armaniii. The route is still possible, but uses more skills and skips less of the puzzle than before, so I'm accepting it as an alternate solution.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 10:52:53 PM by DireKrow »
LOTY 2020 Winner

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 02:41:48 AM »
I've solved the first 4 levels - the 5th one looks to be quite a step up in difficulty from the rest and I haven't solved it yet.

These levels are very good - although I do suspect at least some of these solutions are backroutes.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline DireKrow

• Noisy Crow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 11:44:09 AM »
Thanks to the people here and on the discord so far who have tried them <3

File A v1.2 is out. Downloads are in the OP.

Changes:

Unstable Elements: Fixed a small shortcut discovered by Namida.
Around The Block: Terrain redesigned to hopefully fix multiple backroutes discovered by Namida and myself. Release rate also adjusted.
Scratches In The Walls: Change to skill loadout and minor change to terrain. Done to ensure that some known alternate solutions engage with a particular part of the puzzle.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 11:52:15 AM by DireKrow »
LOTY 2020 Winner

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 12:53:11 AM »
Hi DireKrow,

Solved the first 3 levels (needed to watch the replay for a hint for that 3rd one!) but haven't managed to get anywhere near solving 4 or 5. replays attached, hope you find these useful!

WillLem 8-)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:07:44 AM by WillLem »

Offline DireKrow

• Noisy Crow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 02:06:11 AM »
Thanks for playing the levels :laugh:

All of those are intended or acceptable alternatives. If you end up needing any hints for 4 or 5, let me know.
LOTY 2020 Winner

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 09:09:16 PM »
ok I downloaded this pack. The last 2 levels I need replays for.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 02:07:20 AM »
Hello,

I have solved all of the levels. Find my replays attached. I'm not sure if I'm the first to officially solve all of these levels. These were nice levels and good attempts at your first levels for the most part, although none are easy by any means. These are deceivingly tough. The hardest level is most definitely the last one. That one took me a while, but really nice solution there. The 4th level also took me a while, although not as long as the 5th one. The only one that might be a backroute is the 2nd level, but it's your call as to whether you deem the solution(s) acceptable or not.

Hope the packs aren't murdering you too much with their high difficulty :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0