Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Tame Gone Wild! (20 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]  (Read 8960 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] Tame Gone Wild! (20 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]
« on: January 28, 2020, 04:26:01 AM »

It's the Tame levels from Oh No! More Lemmings, but not as we know them! In this pack you'll find the 20 original levels with tweaks to the terrain, added objects such as traps, teleporters, one-way arrows, fire and water, a much more puzzle-friendly set of skills for each level, and some attempts at making the level solutions fit their titles (with varying degrees of success)!

If you like the original levels but want to see them in a different light, and you don't mind the odd bit of silliness, this pack is for you!

Thunder-Lemmings are go! gone WILD!

These levels are, for the most part, fairly solvable. There may be the odd head-scratcher, but nothing the average Lemmings forum member can't deal with. This pack is mainly for fun. 8-) :thumbsup:

To install, simply unzip the folder to your NeoLemmix directory.

N.B. A few levels in the pack use terrain/objects from my xmas style set; this can be downloaded via the NeoLemmix style manager (recommended).

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 01:20:05 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Tame Gone Wild! (20 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 03:53:17 PM »
Quick update - a few of the levels have been tweaked slightly; mainly cosmetic stuff and just the one potential backroute fix, but I thought it mattered enough to do it! ;P

So, those who downloaded it last night might want to re-download it!

N.B. The only level that's changed replay-wise is 16 Honey, I Saved The Lemmings - the updates I've made to this one require slightly different timing in the solution.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 07:43:14 PM »
Another thing on my to play list. It will be a while though. :)

Now Lemmings Destination is first as it's LOTY 2019 relevant. And Festival Millas + the rest of Lemmings World tour still await me.

And there is also progress to make on the Intro pack and the next phase of the contest is coming up...., but I will eventually get to it. ;)

Offline SQron188

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 07:30:57 PM »
I like this idea. I enjoyed the Tame levels as a kid (probably mostly because of the tilesets that sparked my imagination, and also because I couldn't do much about the tougher ratings), I wonder if this could bring some new life to them.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 07:09:19 AM »
I finished the pack. For the most part, these levels weren't too bad, even if they were all somewhat on the easy side.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Overall, great job.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 11:29:29 AM »
I finished the pack. For the most part, these levels weren't too bad, even if they were all somewhat on the easy side.

Glad to know! My intention was for this pack to never be more than about medium difficulty.

Thanks for the comments and the replays, and for taking the time to play through the pack. It's certainly not one of my best remix packs, but it did help me to learn a lot about level creation. I'm glad you enjoyed it, anyway. 8-)

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 11:31:54 AM »
Backroute fix for level 11 Citizen Lemming - thanks to kaywhyn for spotting this one!

The original replay still works, so the intended solution is the same.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:40:35 AM by WillLem »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 07:04:09 PM »
Replays attached for level 2 and the new level 11. Level 11 is now more of a challenge but still quite easy. Apparently level 2 changed as well, as my original replay didn't work, so I had to resolve it. It should not had worked for you. It might be helpful to say which levels have changed so that one can resolve them if necessary, in the same way it should had been mentioned in the OP that your WillLem xmas styles is needed for some levels and that it probably would be helpful if the download for the style was included. Tame 3 originally loaded correctly without that style, but that made the level not possible to solve. Indeed, I didn't have that style when I originally downloaded this pack on the day you released it. I also failed to realize that you released a Christmas level pack late last year and so I could had grabbed that style if I had downloaded the pack. However, thanks to a very recent update to the Neolemmix engine, the style manager now takes care of any missing styles, so it's not necessary to include a download for styles anymore, so long as it gets added after getting approved.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 01:04:31 AM »
Replays attached for level 2 and the new level 11. Level 11 is now more of a challenge but still quite easy. Apparently level 2 changed as well, as my original replay didn't work, so I had to resolve it.

Strange - your new replay isn't working either... it could be because level 2 also uses an object from my xmas tileset, I have now uploaded this to the OP.

it should had been mentioned in the OP that your WillLem xmas styles is needed for some levels and that it probably would be helpful if the download for the style was included... However, thanks to a very recent update to the Neolemmix engine, the style manager now takes care of any missing styles, so it's not necessary to include a download for styles anymore, so long as it gets added after getting approved.

My xmas style was available for download at the time having already been approved, but the Online Style Manager was a very new feature (just over a week old), so it's probable that a lot of players hadn't yet updated at that time - that being the case, you're absolutely right, it would have been best for me to mention it.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thanks again for bringing it to my attention; I've now included the style in the OP and I'll be sure to watch out for this in the future. 8-)

EDIT: It is now recommended that you use the NeoLemmix style manager to download and update all required styles :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 10:38:23 PM by WillLem »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 10:52:07 PM »
That is strange. I just checked my new replay for Tame 2 and it works for me. Must be something on your end. In any case, I checked your replay of the level and it's very similar to mine, the only difference is

No worries. It happens to even the best of us. I'm just glad to point out anything in your pack that needed your attention and to help out in anyway I can. Thanks for being prompt for including the style. Mine had already been fixed after updating the styles via the style manager at some point in the past month or so, but at the time this pack was released I don't recall seeing an attachment for the xmas style. Not a big deal, just something that needed to be pointed out that at the time it should be included, but now with the style manger in the Neolemmix player no more need to for future packs, as long as it's been approved to be added.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 03:33:20 AM »
I solved all the levels.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 12:34:15 PM »
Thanks, Proxima. I'd say your review is fair, as well. This is by no means an effort I'm particularly proud of, but it represents a stepping stone for me in terms of learning to make remix levels, so I'm glad it's still being played and it's good to have the feedback!

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Tame Gone Wild! (20 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium] [V1.04 UPDATE]
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2021, 07:21:49 AM »
Update: the Tame Gone Wild pack download now includes the specified music. Apologies to anyone who encountered silence when playing this pack previously!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2022, 01:59:46 AM »
I started playing this pack and am having fun so far! :thumbsup:

[these levels are much more accessible than Clam's glitch-laden Tame levels :P ]
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2023, 06:26:15 AM »
Hi WillLem,

I've resolved the levels where my replay broke. I've attached my entire replay collection, but you just need to check 2 (ah, didn't realized I resolved this one from a few posts above), 11, and 16. 16 still feels a bit backroutey :P

Also, it appears that you didn't assign specific music tracks to the levels and hence the pack doesn't play the music you intended, so you might want to look into this ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 09:04:16 AM by kaywhyn »