Author Topic: Xmas Lemmings 2019! (Now FestiveLems - see OP for new link)  (Read 9559 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Xmas Lemmings 2019! (Now FestiveLems - see OP for new link)
« on: December 14, 2019, 04:29:56 PM »
This pack has now been incorporated into FestiveLems, a 24-level Christmas themed pack released in December 2021.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I've made this pack as a present to you all for welcoming me to the forum and generally being awesome. It's been very gratifying to find an online community that's so full of support, kindness and patience.

Anyway, with that said - here is my first Christmas pack! I was going to do Reverse Xmas Lemmings, but that might be another project for another time.

Instead, this is 16 original levels (a few of which are re-imaginings of Xmas/Holiday levels), complete with new music, some new terrain/objects and a fresh, exciting visual approach to the Xmas theme, courtesy of NeoLemmix's ability to mix styles!

Many thanks to Armani and IchoTolot for playtesting this pack ready for release. :thumbsup:

The ranks are named as follows:

Cozy - this rank is mostly relatively easy levels with multiple possible solutions and plenty of skills to get players nicely warmed up. There are some challenges here, though...

Marshmallow Land II - which route will you take?

Blissful - slightly more challenging levels now, requiring more precise use of the available skills. A few nice one-screeners leading up to an epic sprawler.

Rebel Without A Claus - it's all in the timing!

Angelic - some more Christmas-flavoured puzzles.

Stage Presents - see what Santa has wrapped up for the Lemmings this year!

Holy - these are the most difficult of the bunch, which isn't saying too much because I've tried to keep this pack at a fairly moderate difficulty level.

Merry Christmas M. C. Escher - featuring the new Christmas teleporter!

The pack is available as a single download containing the following folders:

levels - unpack the contents of this folder into your NeoLemmix>levels directory.

music - unpack the contents of this folder into your NeoLemmix>music directory. Feel free to use these tracks with your own Christmas-themed levels if you wish (do remember to credit me!) ;P

replays - this contains my replays of the intended solutions. By all means refer to these if you need to, or simply use them to perform a Mass Replay Check. I'm sure you'll find your own solutions to a lot of these levels, though, you clever lot!

styles - unpack the contents of this folder into your NeoLemmix>styles directory. This contains some new Christmas-themed objects and terrain pieces which are featured in most of the levels.

UPDATE - I've edited Blissful 2 Rebel Without A Claus and Holy 1 Cindyland II, these are attached separately. Simply copy these into the relevant rank folder within levels>WillLem's Xmas Lemmings 2019.

Any problems/questions/comments, please let me know.

I hope you enjoy this pack, and I wish you all the best to you and your families for Christmas and the New Year! :thumbsup:

-WillLem 8-)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 09:08:35 PM by WillLem »

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: WillLem's Xmas Lemmings 2019! (16 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium] [UPDATED!]
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 07:59:25 AM »
The music and the decorations are great! I'm already struggling with level 1 though. ;P
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 08:08:16 AM »
The music and the decorations are great! I'm already struggling with level 1 though. ;P

That surprises me coming from you: I found your pack basically impossible! ;P

Level 1 has multiple solutions, let me know if you need a hint.

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 08:20:10 AM »
That surprises me coming from you: I found your pack basically impossible! ;P

Level 1 has multiple solutions, let me know if you need a hint.

It's easier to create difficult levels than to solve them. ;)

I'll manage without a hint for now. It's just that I didn't expect level 1 to be quite tough already.
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 09:02:25 PM »
It's easier to create difficult levels than to solve them. ;)

That's true, I guess. Easy when you know how...! I hope the rest of the pack isn't too difficult, I'm hoping to get good at creating Easy/Medium difficulty levels. Let me know how you get on; and I'd love to see your replays. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 03:41:04 AM by WillLem »

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: WillLem's Xmas Lemmings 2019! (16 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 01:27:00 PM »
I solved half of the levels so far. Attached are my replays.

My favorite levels are Stage Presents and All For One. Very nice level ideas! :thumbsup:

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 02:13:04 AM »
Very nice looking levels :thumbsup:

By the way in case you weren't aware Flopsy has started an LP on this pack :)

Offline kokopelli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 05:15:32 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi!
I've just downloaded the pack and did extract everything like you said, but the levels won't run. I get an error message of missing files. Any idea?

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 07:47:54 PM »
Hi!
I've just downloaded the pack and did extract everything like you said, but the levels won't run. I get an error message of missing files. Any idea?

Hi kokopelli,

Thanks for downloading my pack and sorry to hear you're having issues! Can you send a screen shot of the error message?

-WillLem :lemcat:

Offline kokopelli

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 07:57:38 PM »
Hi!

Hi kokopelli,

Thanks for downloading my pack and sorry to hear you're having issues! Can you send a screen shot of the error message?

-WillLem :lemcat:
Error1 is from Xmas and Error2 is from "Let's Go" the first level of Clever. The ones from Breezy did all work.
Are there some files missing?

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 08:29:44 PM »
Very nice looking levels :thumbsup:

By the way in case you weren't aware Flopsy has started an LP on this pack :)

LOVING Flopsy's LP for this pack, it's been a lot of fun to watch so far. So many moments where I'm shouting the solution at the screen! :crylaugh: He's figured out some pretty cool backroutes as well.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 10:28:05 PM »
(Quote chain redacted)
Error1 is from Xmas and Error2 is from "Let's Go" the first level of Clever. The ones from Breezy did all work.
Are there some files missing?

Please update to NeoLemmix V12.7.0 or higher.

V12.7.X release / download topic: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4504.0
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2020, 10:32:30 PM »
I'm glad my LP is providing some help to improving the pack at least, the pack LP is only 6 parts long.

I quite enjoyed the pack, it is just the sort of pack I needed to ease me back into LPing Lemmings pack again, the Lemmings packs were getting a little tedious back when I stopped LPing, too much high entropy levels!

I do a sum up of the pack at the end of the LP anyway and I state what my favourite levels were and what could be done better. Stay tuned for those. I upload every Wednesday for Lemmings content :)

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2020, 09:55:01 PM »
Solved your pack today. I like it for the most parts - my favourite levels are "All For One", "The Return Of Sir Edmund Hilemming" and "Elfabet Soup". I don't dig Stage Presents as much because though I appreciate the idea behind it, I'm not a big fan of hidden stuff in general. I also think that with the exception of its second level, the final rank "Holy" is much easier than the rank before "Angelic". But in general, very good work.

My solutions can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Vidusaka

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2020, 02:08:53 AM »
Solved your pack today. I like it for the most parts - my favourite levels are "All For One", "The Return Of Sir Edmund Hilemming" and "Elfabet Soup". I don't dig Stage Presents as much because though I appreciate the idea behind it, I'm not a big fan of hidden stuff in general. I also think that with the exception of its second level, the final rank "Holy" is much easier than the rank before "Angelic". But in general, very good work.

My solutions can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Vidusaka

Thanks for the feedback Swerdis, and the replay videos!

Really like your solutions to Merry Christmas, M. C. Escher and Elfabet Soup, these are arguably better solutions than the intended ones!

Haha nobody seems to like hidden objects in Lemmings levels :forehead: If I'm going to do it at all though, surely hiding stuff in Christmas presents is the way to go ;P

Anyways, great job on these! :thumbsup: