Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.4 - stable new-formats release  (Read 21235 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix V12.3.0 - stable new-formats release
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2018, 08:05:29 PM »
It is time for another NeoLemmix update. By now you should know the drill: The first post has links to the full NeoLemmix download, while attached to this post is a zip file for the update from version 12.2. (released April 22).

Changes:
NeoLemmix player V12.3.0
Physics Changes
- Preplaced blockers may no longer overlap
- Receivers turn blockers into walkers, if the resulting blocker would overlap with an already existing blocker
- Receivers can only be paired with one teleporter. If multiple teleporters point to the same receiver, this one is duplicated.
Bug-fixes
- Fixed bug: Skill usage now counts correctly for talismans.
- Fixed bug: Splitters are now displayed correctly.
- and a few more very minor bugs.

Styles:
- Some new styles by Flopsy
- Some new styles by Gronkling (converted by Wafflem)
- Lots of updates on GigaLem's objects

NeoLemmix editor V1.9
- Added cancel button when asking whether to save upon exiting the editor
- Esc no longer quits the editor, only secondary windows
- Improved zooming: It now tries to zoom in at the original mouse position on the level
- Added small gray borders around the level
- Background on piece selection now updates on changing the main style
- With grid usage, holding Ctrl moves pieces by only one pixel.
- Fixed bug: Paths are no longer stripped from music files
- Fixed bug: Reset pairing for duplicated/copied teleporters/receivers
- Added hotkey F9: Toggle grid usage
- and a few more minor changes

Pack toolkit V1.5
- Corrected default credits for scroller. 

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix V12.3.1 - stable new-formats release
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2018, 07:39:19 PM »
People have found some nasty bugs, so here is a hotfix. The first post is already updated.

Changes:
NeoLemmix player V12.3.1
- Lemmings now spawn from receivers at the correct frame again

NeoLemmix editor V1.10
- Changing level sizes is possible again
- Zooming with the mouse even works at the very beginning
- Editor opens even if no styles are present

NeoLemmix Installer V1.1
- The installer can now reach the NeoLemmix homepage again

PS: Be aware that Nessy needs a bit of time to put everything on the NeoLemmix homepage. So please wait for a bit until you use the installer - otherwise you will still download the old version.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2018, 03:07:44 AM »
- Fixed bug: Paths are no longer stripped from music files

Still getting this bug in V1.10.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2018, 04:28:44 PM »
Sorry, I only tested loading such music names and saving them again, which works. But if you enter them in the editor, you get the old error. This will be fixed in the next version.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2018, 08:16:21 PM »
Sorry, I only tested loading such music names and saving them again, which works. But if you enter them in the editor, you get the old error. This will be fixed in the next version.

Even this is not fixed. If I load such a level and save it, without doing anything else, the path gets stripped. When loading, the path does display correctly in the editor (it just doesn't save again correctly), but this was already true on previous versions.

Tested and confirmed this is true for both V1.09 and V1.10. Is it possible the fix was accidentally reversed prior to release?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2018, 06:10:30 PM »
Given the major bugs found in the Graphics Tool, I deem it useful to release an hopefully improved version of it right away. So here is version 1.3.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix V12.4 - stable new-formats release
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2018, 05:31:13 PM »
(Over)Time for another release version of NeoLemmix. Sadly no shimmier yet, but lots of fixed bugs (that I should have release quite a while ago).

As usual I attached a zip file for updating from version 12.3.1.
If you use the installer, then please give Nessy some time to upload everything to the NeoLemmix homepage, before running the installer.
Important: Please delete the old styles "gronkling_angelisland", "gronkling_chaosangel", "gronkling_cybertrack" and "gronkling_technobase" manually!

Changes:
NeoLemmix player V12.4
- Improved level title screen
- Scroller on the main menu works again, after hibernating since the first new-formats release.
- Physics-change: When a lemming falls onto a pixel which is both solid and water, the water always takes precedence now.
- Fixed last explosion frame
- Fixed some crashes
- Renamed some styles from "gronkling_..." to "sonic_..."
- The option "smooth resampling" is no longer the default.

NeoLemmix Editor V1.11
- Don't draw background color in clear-physics mode
- Allow more music file types, e.g. ".mod", ".xm" or ".wav"
- Allow titles up to 40 characters and author names up to 32 characters
- Allow resizing multiple objects at the same time, if they already have the same size
- Fixed bug: Still draw all objects, even if the terrain layer is switched off
- Fixed some crashes

NeoLemmix Pack Toolkit V1.6
- Added Replace-button for levels
- Improved folder browser to select the pack to load resp. to select the place to save the pack to
- Fixed some bugs that prevented saving packs
- Fixed bug: Saving custom sprites works now

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2018, 09:43:20 PM »
Thanks, Nepster! I can now proceed with my conversions of Gronkling's remaining tilesets!

Also, the level preview screen looks a lot better now! :thumbsup: I think I'll be able to live with that long term. Maybe we could still find some use for the remaining lines, though, since both the info about the release rate as well as about the time limit (if infinite) is gone from the preview screen now. With the rank name being presented right beneath the level title, there is really a lot of excess space for talisman info, more than needed for the average talisman (can you even type that many lines when defining a talisman? :D ), and certainly more than needed for the average level, since talisman levels are always going to be in the minority.

Would it be possible to just add the option of a custom text field below the standard information of number of lemmings and save requirement? A lot of people seem to "abuse" the talisman field anyway to just provide random additional information on the level :D . At least that's what I think when I see all these random names that Flopsy gave to his SEB Lems talismans... :P And he still had enough space underneath those talisman titles to explain the actual criteria to get the talisman!
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2018, 10:52:12 PM »
A lot of people seem to "abuse" the talisman field anyway to just provide random additional information on the level :D . At least that's what I think when I see all these random names that Flopsy gave to his SEB Lems talismans... :P And he still had enough space underneath those talisman titles to explain the actual criteria to get the talisman!

I think you're misunderstanding how talismans work nowdays. Similar to PSN or XBL achievements, each talisman has a name (which, like a level name, is completely arbitrary), which is limited to one line. The description of the talisman's requirements is not entered by the user, it's automatically generated. This has been the case since the move to new-formats.
My Lemmings projects

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2019, 03:46:57 AM »
Is anybody having trouble auto-downloading the Lemmings Plus series along with the other packs?

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2019, 09:47:00 AM »
Yes, I just checked right now and get an error about failing to extract the LemmingsPlus.zip file. The problem is, that the NeoLemmix homepage does no longer serve it for some reason.

@Nessy: Could you please check why the download at https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=47 failes? This is linked in the "Download All" part of https://www.neolemmix.com/?page=lemmingsplus.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2019, 08:16:57 PM »
@chrisleec728 this issue is fixed now :) All packs are now downloadable at once again.

Offline tor

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2019, 02:01:40 PM »
Why the Internet Options are still not available?
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 (64-bit)
Java version 8 update 251 (64-bit)
SuperLemmini 0.104a
NeoLemmix Player V12.8.2

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2019, 08:52:34 PM »
Why the Internet Options are still not available?

This is not yet implemented.

I think it is planned that the player can get updates and new tilesets automatically with this option from the NeoLemmix website, so that the user doesn't have to do it manually.

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2019, 10:49:48 PM »
The levels I have solved in NeoLemmix are now suddenly orange-checked. Could my player have somehow updated itself automatically recently?

Also, I can't seem to play certain levels in Lemmings Plus VI because it can't find certain object pieces.