Author Topic: NeoLemmix Community Pack  (Read 86808 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: NeoLemmix Community Pack
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2016, 05:54:51 PM »
I've just verified that Test Chamber works in 1.47.
Since apparently no one's solved it yet, I'm going to release a few hints as well. Nested spoilers elaborate further on the initial hint; separate spoilers are separate hints.

Hint about blocker placement:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hint about number of skills needed to solve:

Also: if you can get close to the save requirement, send the replay anyway. I've thought of a possible skillset modification that might make the level slightly easier to execute without damaging the core puzzle but I don't know if I should actually do it or not.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:54:38 AM by Dullstar »

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2016, 03:26:16 PM »
Looks like I've finally beaten Test Chamber! (I didn't open the spoilers when trying to solve it). If this is intended, that's a VERY clever and well-hidden solution that should go as the first level of the hardest rank! :thumbsup:
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2016, 10:28:32 PM »
Looks like I've finally beaten Test Chamber! (I didn't open the spoilers when trying to solve it). If this is intended, that's a VERY clever and well-hidden solution that should go as the first level of the hardest rank! :thumbsup:

Yep, that's it! I first created the level to test something unrelated, and modified its solution to be less obvious. Apparently I did a good job covering it up.
I actually had a solution in mind when I created the level, so that's probably why I was able to do that so well. Most of the time I figure everything out as I go along.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2016, 05:09:11 PM »
With the last update I noticed "Welcome to the Spiderdance broke". Altered the level and reattached it. Replay is still fine!

Also I would like to offer my assitance in taking care of the Dropbox folder. So not everything has to flow through namida's hands and would ease a little bit of work, as there is another (or maybe even some) person(s) who can take care of this. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2016, 12:01:57 AM »
Also I would like to offer my assitance in taking care of the Dropbox folder. So not everything has to flow through namida's hands and would ease a little bit of work, as there is another (or maybe even some) person(s) who can take care of this. :)

I have no objection to this, but am not entirely sure how to set up such a thing.

EDIT: It would seem I just need your Dropbox username, or maybe email address? PM me (or come on #neolemmix) and we'll try to sort this out.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2016, 07:08:39 AM »
This should work nicely as I had to do this a few times for university stuff. PMed you. :)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2016, 02:14:09 AM »
Kinda felt like messing with the editor today but didn't feel like making anything new, so I went and looked for something to modify/finish up/touch up etc.

In the process of looking for something to mess with I found this level I modified from the disarmer tutorial. It doesn't appear I ever submitted it: "Skeleton's Cave."
I also noticed that some levels I've submitted are missing from the Dropbox, so I've resubmitted them.

I also finally got around to touching up that old Attack of the Killer Toddlers level...  or, more accurately, completely redoing it. It's not quite done though, as I'm not quite satisfied with the result yet. So far, solution-wise I've replaced the entrance's fatal fall w/ 2 floaters setup with a drop into water w/ 2 swimmers. Might replace some of the builders with platformers as well.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2016, 07:22:25 AM »
Kinda felt like messing with the editor today but didn't feel like making anything new, so I went and looked for something to modify/finish up/touch up etc.

In the process of looking for something to mess with I found this level I modified from the disarmer tutorial. It doesn't appear I ever submitted it: "Skeleton's Cave."
I also noticed that some levels I've submitted are missing from the Dropbox, so I've resubmitted them.

I also finally got around to touching up that old Attack of the Killer Toddlers level...  or, more accurately, completely redoing it. It's not quite done though, as I'm not quite satisfied with the result yet. So far, solution-wise I've replaced the entrance's fatal fall w/ 2 floaters setup with a drop into water w/ 2 swimmers. Might replace some of the builders with platformers as well.

Uploaded your 4 levels into the folder :)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2017, 02:36:57 AM »
my levels from the Autumn LD contest, since the contest is over

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2017, 11:52:39 AM »
A couple of large(ish), mostly-classic-style levels I made recently. I had thought about making a moderate-sized pack of such levels, but don't really find myself having enough ideas, so I'll just submit them here instead.

I've done a fair bit of de-backrouting, but given that these levels' solutions are fairly complicated, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more backroutes still in them (especially Tag Team).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:58:31 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »
I also notice that we've got nearly 100 levels now. While we may not want to use all of them (so it's useful to have a few extras), maybe it's time to start thinking about ordering etc?
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2017, 05:22:08 PM »
I also notice that we've got nearly 100 levels now. While we may not want to use all of them (so it's useful to have a few extras), maybe it's time to start thinking about ordering etc?

As far as I'm concerned: I don't know if my -only two- levels will finally pass the final cut, but I must re-work them before.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2017, 05:45:17 PM »
Some time ago I made the attached Any-Way-You-Want level, because I wanted to try out Gronkling's Beast style. I always planned to contribute it to the community level pack, but completely forgot about it. :-[

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2017, 03:19:16 PM »
Here's a few levels I salvaged, touched up, NeoLemmix-ized and in some cases made significant changes to, originating from that Win95 Lemmings pack I made a long time ago.

I'm currently doing the same for discarded levels from the Lemmings Plus series, which could also be used for this pack. (Some of these cases include levels that were removed due to having gimmicks, and I've now made regular levels out of the maps.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2017, 02:41:55 PM »
As promised, here's some salvaged levels formerly from the Lemmings Plus series (as well as a couple such levels from the NeoLemmix Introduction Pack and one from Doomsday Lemmings II).
My Lemmings projects