Author Topic: Doomsday Lemmings  (Read 54173 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Doomsday Lemmings
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2016, 12:42:04 PM »
It looks like Zombies will be the only gimmick that's staying. This means that Doomsday Lemmings II won't work anymore. Would you consider moving some of the Zombie levels in Doomsday Lemmings II to this one, very similar to how you replaced some of your LPI levels with levels from the cancelled LPDOS2 sequel?

There are a lot of very good Zombie levels in DDII, like A nasty taste and Undead Dipper. Release the Horde, I haven't beaten, but looks very challenging (and overall has that Apocalypse-feel) enough to be moved to the first Doomsday Lemmings.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:59:44 PM by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2016, 12:56:03 PM »
I hadn't decided yet what the plan was for those levels. I may indeed consider moving some of my better ones into Doomsday Lemmings. I haven't even gotten around to updating / testing Doomsday Lemmings for V1.43n yet; however, when I do, I'll likely future-proof it at the same time (like I did with Lemmings Plus), which will also mean that'll be the time for me to consider doing that.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2016, 03:51:36 PM »
Okay, I looked through and found 6 levels suitable for moving into Doomsday Lemmings. The rest of my ones will finally be able to rest in peace; it's up to GigaLem what he does with the levels he contributed.

0101 "Curse Reborn"
0301 "Undead Dipper"
0303 "Care Package"
0404 "Braaaaaains"
0502 "A Strange Facility"
0505 "Release The Horde!"

Basic rules were of course that they have to be compatible with the future plans for NeoLemmix (ie: no ghosts, no zombies-on-death), and also, they must use the Horror set.

Before I actually release this change, I need to go through and ensure they're all possible under V1.43n branch (and that I have replays to prove it). I'll probably get onto that later today.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2016, 05:27:13 PM »
The rest of my ones will finally be able to rest in peace; it's up to GigaLem what he does with the levels he contributed.

Would you put these levels in an "Other Levels Recycle Bin" NXP, very much like what you did with Lemmings Plus? (You can also put to-be-culled levels from your Introduction pack in there, along with the three removed levels from the NeoCustLemmix version (e.g. Stone Hot Sacrifice) of the New Skills Tutorial Pack).
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2016, 05:30:52 PM »
I might just combine them with the former Lemmings Plus levels into one giant recycle bin pack. But yes, they probably should be preserved somewhere, even if most of them won't be of any use on future versions of NeoLemmix.

We'll wait until I've actually finished doing the update, though.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »
Okay, the Doomsday Lemmings update is here, at last!

As mentioned above, six levels from Doomsday Lemmings II were integrated into this (with the rest of the ones created by me being dropped off into the recycle bin (eventually), while it's up to GigaLem what he wants to do with his contributed levels). This brings the pack up to 21 levels total; 7 per rank.

I also removed the talismans, as they didn't feel so right in this pack.

The newly-added levels are:

Outbreak 2 - "Curse Reborn"
Outbreak 7 - "Undead Dipper"
Plague 5 - "Care Package"
Plague 7 - "Braaaaains"
Apocalypse 4 - "A Strange Facility"
Apocalypse 7 - "Release The Horde!"

Since it's no longer the final level, "One Last Lemming" was also renamed to "One Lonely Lemming".

Finally, it also has a minor fix in the filename of the Beast I music. Doomsday Lemmings called this track "beast", while Orig and Extra call it "beasti"; Doomsday Lemmings has now been brought into line with the other two.

Intended solution replays have also been uploaded.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2016, 05:18:50 AM »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated for NeoLemmix V1.47n. Only one level (Apocalypse 6) needed any changes.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [NeoLemmix] Doomsday Lemmings
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2016, 08:50:46 AM »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated for NeoLemmix V1.48.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2017, 04:20:06 PM »
Updated for NeoLemmix V10.12.XX.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2017, 10:54:02 AM »
Updated for NeoLemmix V10.13.XX. Replays have also been double-checked to ensure they're up to date.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2018, 02:00:47 AM »
Official new-formats conversion of Doomsday Lemmings is now released!

All styles and music required by Doomsday Lemmings are included with NeoLemmix's default styles pack.

Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=30
Replays: http://www.neolemmix.com/replay/DoomsdayLemmings_Replays_12_00.zip (Replays verified in NeoLemmix V12.0.1)
My Lemmings projects

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2018, 01:36:39 AM »
I finished this level pack.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2019, 07:03:18 AM »
Like Holiday LP, I played Doomsday Lemmings in the beginning of this year, solving 19/21 and not yet beating Apocalypse 5: Garden Of Trauma and 7: Release The Horde! I'll make sure that my solutions are safe here in the forums via attaching them to this post. :P

My initial run of Doomsday Lemmings is here. I think there were only 5 levels per rank back then, whereas  there's 7 levels per rank these days. This is a rare namida NeoLemmix pack that isn't a part of Lemmings Plus series, and thus this little pack has its own topic in the forums. :P

Many of my solutions are similar than in my initial playthrough. The overall difficulty is somewhat high, yes. Pretty sure I again backrouted Apocalypse 3: The Longest Way Home, and I'm not quite sure about Apocalypse 1: Research Center. Outbreak 7: Undead Dipper, Plague 5: Care Package and Apocalypse 4: A Strange Facility were tougher new levels.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2019, 10:53:06 PM »
Updated for NeoLemmix V12.7.X (including re-testing of replays).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2020, 07:40:11 PM »
Uploaded V12.7-B update. ("V12.7" indicates compatible NL version, "-B" indicates pack revision.)

This fixes an incorrect lemming count that slipped in for Outbreak 5, leading to no zombies spawning on that level.
My Lemmings projects