Poll

Which level did you find harder?

Lemmings Plus Omega II, Sharp 18 "Insanity Plea"
3 (50%)
Lemmings Plus Alpha, Obliteration 14 "Wasted Talent"
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 131302 times)

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: [Fangames] Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2016, 06:06:51 PM »
I mean LemmingsPlusI.exe, downloaded in June of 2015.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2016, 06:13:15 PM »
The version you have still works, but it doesn't have a lot of new NeoLemmix features like the improved skill panel bar and improved forwards/backwards frameskipping (i.e. no long lags when you framestep). Two levels have been changed in the new update.

If you want the newer version with the improved features, you have to download the NeoLemmix.EXE, and the NXP. An NXP is a NeoLemmix file that contains the created Lemmings fangame from the Flexi Toolkit, and it is loaded through the NeoLemmix.EXE; I remember you were asking about it in the Lemmings Redux topic.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2016, 06:31:50 PM »
The version you have still works, but it doesn't have a lot of new NeoLemmix features like the improved skill panel bar and improved forwards/backwards frameskipping (i.e. no long lags when you framestep). Two levels have been changed in the new update.

If you want the newer version with the improved features, you have to download the NeoLemmix.EXE, and the NXP. An NXP is a NeoLemmix file that contains the created Lemmings fangame from the Flexi Toolkit, and it is loaded through the NeoLemmix.EXE; I remember you were asking about it in the Lemmings Redux topic.
Okay, that's nice to know, thank you. I'll probably continue playing LPI in this version, and when I want to play the other games, download the new versions.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2016, 07:04:40 PM »
I just realized - another level will be affected by the fake/invisible object removal: Twisted 3 "Minesweeper!" .
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2016, 06:19:13 PM »
Should I post my thoughts about the Lemmings Plus series in this topic or create my own dedicated to it?
Anyway, I've had fun continuing playing, and I'm already in the Medi difficulty. I'm currently stuck in Level 4: Getting There.
In regard to Level 2, The T Level:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2016, 06:22:16 PM »
In regard to that level:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2016, 12:02:07 AM »
Should I post my thoughts about the Lemmings Plus series in this topic or create my own dedicated to it?

Posting in this topic is fine. :)

In regard to (Medi) Level 2, The T Level:

What Proxima said; also, if you're trying to save 100%, or perhaps other kinds of challenge solutions, it can be a bit more problematic. And there's also some cases of people who completely overlook that you have 20 climbers and only need to save 20 lemmings (in this case, it is possible to complete the level with only one climber and no floaters at all; there are other levels throughout Lemmings Plus where failing to notice something like this may result in failure to find any possible solution).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2016, 09:39:23 AM »
For some reason, Safety Blast felt very satisfying to me :evil:
And now I'm stuck on 6, Fallen. 100% clear rate, without builders? Really? :lem-shocked:

Offline elb

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2016, 01:00:45 PM »
These level packs are very nice. Recently I played through Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings, and was happy to see that fans are still making new levels to be played.

I was just wondering if someone could help me with .lrb files? If I try to open these using NeoLemmix v1.43-F, I get an error message saying the file cannot be run.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2016, 01:04:22 PM »
These level packs are very nice. Recently I played through Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings, and was happy to see that fans are still making new levels to be played.

I was just wondering if someone could help me with .lrb files? If I try to open these using NeoLemmix v1.43-F, I get an error message saying the file cannot be run.

At the start of NeoLemmix you choose a level or level pack file (.lvl  or .nxp) to be loaded.
When you are in the dedicated level: You can press "L" to load a replay file of that level (.lrb).

Offline elb

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2016, 02:34:13 PM »
At the start of NeoLemmix you choose a level or level pack file (.lvl  or .nxp) to be loaded.
When you are in the dedicated level: You can press "L" to load a replay file of that level (.lrb).
Thanks!

I don't think I ever would have worked out the Talisman solution for Medi 23...

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2016, 01:59:49 AM »
Uploaded an update for Lemmings Plus III. This fixes a few talismans that unlock simply by beating the relevant levels, rather than completing the extra requirements (specifically, Timid 3 and Dodgy 9). There are no changes to any of the levels themself.

It may be worth mentioning: An update a while back fixed some backroutes to the final level (Fierce 15 at the time; it's at Fierce 17 now due to the addition of two extra levels to Fierce); so if you solved it before this and found it easy, play it now. ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:06:12 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2016, 01:35:41 PM »
I've decided to begin work on another side entry. I won't say too much about it at this stage, except that it's going to have some similarities to the former "Bonus Packs". :) I'm not sure when I'll give more info, but I can definitely say the release won't be until at least some time after Lemmings Plus V.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2016, 02:27:22 PM »
In the post-final-level text of Lemmings Plus V, reference is made to the future project, also revealing the name as "Lemmings Plus Twists".

I haven't done much work on this project yet. And for now, I'm putting it on hold in order to work on updating the older Lemmings Plus games for V1.47n compatibility. These updates won't be officially released until NeoLemmix V1.47n is, but I'm going to start working on them now so they're ready for when V1.47n is. :)

Mostly changes will be limited to those required for V1.47n compatibility, but I'll also be redoing a lot of the rank signs so that they fit in with how the signs generally look in recent versions of NeoLemmix.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:49:38 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2016, 02:28:49 PM »
Lemmings Plus I is mostly done (at least as far as the current experimental is concerned). The only thing left is to confirm whether or not the Wimpy 10 talisman remains possible (and if not, take approprite action - most likely just removing that talisman). The approach used in the replay collection does not work and cannot be adapted to work, but I haven't ruled out an entirely different approach being possible.
My Lemmings projects