Author Topic: Mindless's Level Database for Lemmix/Lemmini  (Read 44456 times)

Offline Mantagir

• View Profile
Re: The NEW Level Database - upload your levels here!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 09:16:11 AM »
Hey,

thank you for your answers. you helped me a lot. lemmix works out fine. thx :thumbsup:
lvldatabase, i'm coming :)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Level Database - upload your levels here!
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 01:12:46 AM »
Hi everyone

I would love to encourage more of us to create levels maybe you have been thinking of doing something go for it we as a forum will try our best to help out. So lets try and get more levels uploaded if we can, I have a lot of levels to try as I have not been playing custom levels lately but I'm sure I will get back into it soon.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: Mindless's Level Database for Lemmix/Lemmini
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 11:31:16 PM »
I hear that these levels are converted to the Neolemmix, would the levels still be solvable with Neolemmix or would I have to use Lemmini or super lemmini for them? Sorry if this has already been asked before. I know there was a lot of work done to convert them. :)

I have loads of packs that I still have to play or complete. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:44:16 PM by grams88 »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 12:08:17 AM »
Nepster and Wafflem did most of the work on the conversions. IIRC, they made an effort to confirm the levels were solvable, rather than just blindly converting. Levels that were just barely unsolvable (eg. should be solvable but it doesn't work out due to subtle mechanics differences) often were tweaked so they would be solvable; while I think those that were far from solvable (eg. due to relying on glitches) were removed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 12:16:43 AM »
Thanks Namida, Some of those old packs look challenging . :) I remember there being a Ben Conway level that I Think may of been unsolvable if it was played on lemmini as you had to blow up a steel wall. That was an interesting level pack, I sort of played levels at random on that pack.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:24:06 AM by grams88 »

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 11:35:41 PM »
Just a quick question, do you still download the packs from Mindless's website or is there another way you go about it?  I've downloaded the Neolemmix from Namida's website and I might check to see if that works okay with the level packs.

http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/list

A lot of nice looking packs from there. :)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 08:17:51 AM »
No, NeoLemmix cannot load old Lemmix .dat level packs. If you want to play the levels in NeoLemmix, download the converted levels from the Lemmix pack conversion thread (link is in the first post).

And please make sure that you got the latest stable version 11.13.18, not the latest experimental version 11.15.21. There are at the moment no packs of these levels available that can be loaded in the experimental version.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 10:06:55 PM »
Thanks Nepster, I managed to get the right Neolemmix version and it is working. Look forward to trying the levels.