Author Topic: Clones Release  (Read 14169 times)

Offline okmot

• View Profile
Clones Release
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:58:30 PM »
After years of hard work we're pleased to announce that Clones will be made available to the public on Friday Nov. 19th!  It will be available on Steam, D2D, and our own website to start.

The Steam version of the game will have 64 achievements, leaderboards for each of the over 150 puzzles, and cloud support for your game profile.  As a special offer to all of you Lemmings veterans we are willing to provide a free copy of the Steam version if you promise to create 3 Clones levels (singleplayer or multiplayer) and upload them to our website, ClonesGame.com.  There are a limited number of keys we can give out so it's first come, first served.  ;P

Send me a PM if you are interested in this offer.

rt
www.ClonesGame.com

p.s. here is a recent gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q68kwN1hSF4

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Clones Release
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 01:01:50 AM »
The Steam version of the game will have 64 achievements, leaderboards for each of the over 150 puzzles, and cloud support for your game profile.

Does that mean the non-Steam versions are missing some features from the Steam version?  It'd be good to get a feature comparison list if there are notable differences between the various versions offered.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 02:48:49 PM »
I'm a bit confused about the releases, maybe because I never had them before. ??? What is Steam and D2D?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline okmot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »
Quote from: ccexplore
Does that mean the non-Steam versions are missing some features from the Steam version?  It'd be good to get a feature comparison list if there are notable differences between the various versions offered.

The Non-Steam version is identical to the Steam version.  However the Steam version has a few "achievements" which are unique to Steam, such as a "Speedrun" award if you can beat all 10 CloneMaster bosses in under 90 mins.  Most of the Steam achievements are the same as the unlockable bonus items in the non-steam version (stamps, decorations, and extra levels).
There is no additional content in the Steam version.

Offline okmot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 04:16:33 PM »

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:57:00 AM »
Oh wow, it's been a long time.  I remember playing old Clones betas back when I was in elementary school. :o

Wouldn't mind trying my hand at some level making for it, but I dunno if my skills have improved at all.  I'd definitely like to check the game out though.

Offline okmot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 11:15:53 PM »
Oh wow, it's been a long time.  I remember playing old Clones betas back when I was in elementary school. :o

Yes, we've been tweaking the game for a long time now.  We are excited to finally release :)  I've sent you a PM with a key.  If you encounter problems in the level editor please post about them in our forums.

Offline okmot

• View Profile
Clones Steam Sale
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 07:27:47 PM »
For you Lemmings fans that haven't yet tried out Clones, today is the perfect time.  The game is 75% Off on Steam today:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/72400/

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 08:53:28 PM »
Wow seriously?  75% off from an already low price of $9.99 USD? :o  I think my lunch cost more than that!

Anyway, that's awesome and I hope sales are going well for you guys.  Happy holidays! :thumbsup:

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 06:02:24 AM »
Even though I was a beta tester, and I did have my beefs as a "self-considered" game designer with experience in action-puzzle, I am strongly considering buying a legitimate copy of the game to support the developers. The engine is incredible, and there's some very good puzzles in this game.

This is, essentially, the "new" gamer's generation of Lemmings. Although this may be optimistic, I hope it takes off or is remembered 10 years later as such.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline okmot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 08:06:44 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys :)  Steve have you claimed your complimentary copy for being a beta tester?  Either Steam or non-Steam, although the Steam version will always be more up to date because of the ease of updating.  We'd welcome more feedback, especially on the editor, if you have the time.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 05:15:15 PM »
Hm, I'm getting this when I have some spare money.
I remember back in the days of the old version when there was always a game, back when Xtraverse (who I'd already known from a Commander Keen forum) and others were on it, and the clones were Greys, not blobs...

I think I made a few levels back then, not that they were really that good...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 07:50:00 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys :)  Steve have you claimed your complimentary copy for being a beta tester?  Either Steam or non-Steam, although the Steam version will always be more up to date because of the ease of updating.  We'd welcome more feedback, especially on the editor, if you have the time.

I don't have a Steam account, so I wouldn't be able to download it there as of right now. If there was a way to get a key outside of it I'd be willing to provide more feedback on the editor. I think I ragequit the editor once I discovered that my typical Lemmings level "Hello World" project (Rhapsody) was ridiculously backroutable with upgulpers >_<. I think I put QDots that rewarded the "normal" solution but it felt a bit unrewarding to submit.

But yea I'd definitely be willing to help the post-beta design process.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 08:31:57 AM »
I think I ragequit the editor once I discovered that my typical Lemmings level "Hello World" project (Rhapsody) was ridiculously backroutable with upgulpers >_<. I think I put QDots that rewarded the "normal" solution but it felt a bit unrewarding to submit.

It's a mistake to try to make Lemmings levels out of Clones, period.  I tried the same route at first and didn't really went anywhere (though ultimately, I did manage to create a level that would also work in Lemmings, but it really isn't all that interesting); the game physics really are different enough in details, despite whatever outward similar appearances.  It's much better if you play the actual game a bit and get a better sense of how the morphs (and various aspects of the game mechanics) actually work, and get a better sense of the various possibilities for puzzle ideas in Clones.

Offline okmot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 05:45:49 PM »
Hm, I'm getting this when I have some spare money.
I remember back in the days of the old version when there was always a game, back when Xtraverse (who I'd already known from a Commander Keen forum) and others were on it, and the clones were Greys, not blobs...

I think I made a few levels back then, not that they were really that good...

That was years ago  :D  But i do remember some of those levels, i think it was Xtraverse that made the "X" map which was the inspiration for the current "X" map, and also the precursor to Octogame" game since at that time we only had up and down gravity.

The game is currently on sale on Get Games:
http://www.getgamesgo.com/catalogue/game/clones

Grab it and make some more sweet levels!  :thumbsup: