Author Topic: Simple versions of Oh No, More Lemmings levels  (Read 6276 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Simple versions of Oh No, More Lemmings levels
« on: October 15, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
OK,  I've decided to make some easy versions of most of the levels in Oh No more lemmings, including those in the Crazy, Wild, Wicked and Havoc difficulty ranges (Therefore, there are 80 levels altogether). You can see the levels I've made below under this attachment. (I've only got the Lemmini versions of these levels, I'll promise to put the Lemmix version up and also download my creations on the Lemmings File archive too)

Should be ideal for making challenges. ;)

I've changed the codeseed on the Lemmini version, which means that you have to progress through the levels without knowing any passwords. :evil:
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline klapaucius

• View Profile
Re: Simple versions of Oh No, More Lemmings levels
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:54:11 PM »
I'm expecting that a lot! That will be great for beginners.
I live in Asia, so I am not good at write in English.
I'll be very appreciated if you understand my poor English sentences :)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 09:47:18 PM »
I did that once.  I don't know if i still have it though, but i did do that once.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 03:41:11 AM »
I've changed the codeseed on the Lemmini version, which means that you have to progress through the levels without knowing any passwords.

I can still unlock most levels by just assuming it uses the same seed as the other level sets... :P

What happened to the Lemmix version?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 02:41:37 AM »
Lemmixes are a lot harder to make than Lemminis, because everything's compiled into the executable, and the avialable source code is incomplete. Even in a complete state, adding custom data to it isn't the easiest, and that's assuming you use the same structure as one of the originals (IE: 30 levels each across 4 difficulties with the same oddtable positions, or 20 levels each across 5 difficulties with no oddtable, with the same music rotation although you can change the musics themself), if you are, it gets even harder.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »
Didn't Lemmini have nonstandard physics, while standard physics are crucial for some challenge ideas?

-- Simon

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 10:45:58 PM »
Didn't Lemmini have nonstandard physics, while standard physics are crucial for some challenge ideas?

Just because the physics are different doesn't mean you can't make challenges out of a level, you know. ;P  It just means the challenge solutions may not carry over to standard versions of Lemmings.

Lemmixes are a lot harder to make than Lemminis, because everything's compiled into the executable, and the avialable source code is incomplete. Even in a complete state, adding custom data to it isn't the easiest

I guess if I can modify the LemmixPlayer code to better support custom levels (eg. look for them in external files instead of compiled into the EXE), that would go a long way towards making it easier to bundle custom levels into Lemmixes.  However I don't see myself having time and interest to do so at the moment.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 02:15:29 AM »
Likewise. It'd be a great idea, but I don't know enough Delphi to do it and don't have the interest to learn.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)