Author Topic: General Comings and Goings  (Read 152065 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: General Comings and Goings
« Reply #360 on: September 09, 2018, 02:32:48 PM »
I'm starting a PGCE (teacher training in mathematics) at the University of Hull. It will mean a complete change to my routine, as my old job was 6-10pm, but the course will be 9am-4pm. That actually leaves me roughly the same amount of free time, since it took over an hour each way to travel to and from my workplace. I just don't know yet how the change will affect my productivity. I hope I will still have some time for Lemmings and Lix, and I will definitely still be in the chat in the evenings.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 16, 2018, 11:07:19 AM »
I'll be away for a day and it could be that I'll start the next voting round a bit later as a cause. ;P

But I should be back tomorrow evening. :)

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2018, 10:34:23 PM »
I've been spending way too much time on my computer lately. I'm going to quit cold turkey until I can get some better self-control, so I'll be disappearing from the forum indefinitely.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 23, 2018, 09:38:21 PM »
…and following nin10doadict will be myself.

I don't like how my opinions conflict with others on here so I'm taking my leave as well.
I have tried different approaches but it seems to be the same old, same old no matter what I do.

I don't know when I'll be back if I come back.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 24, 2018, 07:13:00 PM »
Good luck, Flopsy and nin10doadict! :thumbsup:

I mentioned in another thread, that I wanted to work an both the shimmer and the pickup-sprite-change/skill reordering this week. However real life got in the way and now I have far less time to work on this than I thought (which also explains why I will be less active in IRC for the next one or two weeks).
I still hope to get at least some experimental version with the shimmier done, but nothing guaranteed...

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 24, 2018, 07:49:32 PM »
No problem, Nepster, don't rush it! :) The longer it takes to get the shimmier working, the more time I have for converting Lemmings World Tour - I don't want to fix backroutes in both format versions separately... :D
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 04, 2018, 12:27:43 AM »
I should post here more often; but anyways;
I haven't been around (thus immediately aware of things) for several weeks now and likely won't be for at least a little while yet. My family has a ton of health problems which are ever increasing and dealing with that takes up all my time. And I have my own recent mysterious health problems to deal with as well.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 04, 2018, 06:50:24 PM »
been moving into university for the first time in my life, big changes taking their toll on me for now so i havent been around much, its starting to pass now though

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 05, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »
I hope everything works out for everyone in the end.

I'm taking my computer to be fixed this weekend and I'm not sure how long it will take so I might not be on the forums for a while. I can still receive and answer PMs via my phone though :)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 06, 2018, 07:31:25 PM »
Quote from: Nessy
I'm taking my computer to be fixed this weekend and I'm not sure how long it will take so I might not be on the forums for a while.

Well that didn't take long at all. That strange static sound that many people heard on my first stream coming from my computer is now gone :)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 25, 2018, 11:58:50 PM »
I've still been doing the volunteering, get to meet a lot of nice people, a lot of patients at the hospital are really friendly  and it's good to have a little chat with them when we are going round the wards with the trolley. I remember once or twice the fridge in the shop was not working so the soft drinks and everything ended up being warm instead of ice cold. Lots of complaints (lol)

I've still been a regular on the voicemails with the prank call community. Seems to be a hobby of mine at the moment.

I've actually been making a lemmings pack as well, I'm hoping for about 80 levels but I'll see how that goes.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:04:47 PM by grams88 »

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 26, 2018, 05:12:42 PM »
Well, I've given my computer a rest for about a month now. I think I've improved a bit as far as my self-control goes. I think I'll give it another week or so and see how I feel. If it goes well, I may be returning to the forums soon.

Seems I've missed a few things... Hopefully it gets better for those who are struggling.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 26, 2018, 06:17:00 PM »
Welcome back, nin10doadict! ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 13, 2018, 01:18:53 AM »
I'll be inactive on the forums until next year. Going to focus on celebrating the holidays with my family and extended family.

I'll still be on Discord in the evenings and will respond to PMs. That means that if I am testing your levels I will continue to do so.

Happy holidays and happy new year everyone :thumbsup:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 21, 2018, 09:32:32 PM »
Over the holidays until ~Dec 27th, I will be at my hometown. So expect less activity during that timeframe. :)