Site Boards > Site Discussion

Lemmings Forum Discord

<< < (6/6)

GigaLem:

--- Quote from: Simon on April 01, 2024, 09:46:34 PM ---Hmm, right, you should avoid naming the problematic Lemmings-unrelated names.

Giga: May I add formatting (e.g., invisible extra super-small text) to your first post? That keeps the Lemmings-unrelated names easy to read for humans, but makes it harder to index for search engines.

This sounds moderately urgent. If you don't tell me yes/no within 24 hours, I'll add such formatting.

It's a worthwhile shot, although it's not guaranteed to help. Those off-topic joiners can come from elsewhere: People share links to Discord groups, and IIRC Discord has a global group search.

-- Simon

--- End quote ---

If you need to, you're free to do so

Simon:
All right, I inserted grey letters with size 1 pt in your first post, and in your reply #22.

Let's see if that's enough to confuse search engines. Maybe search engines are smart enough to ignore the small letters. Feel free to add more such obfuscation on your own.

I took the liberty to trim your warning ("I need to say this, This is NOT for ...") to minimal wording. Reason: People don't like to read; the fewer words you put, the better. (I saved your original text offline. If you want the original wording back, let me know, I'll PM you the original text.)

-- Simon

WillLem:
FWIW, searching for that game on Google doesn't bring up LF of the LF Discord. Players must be finding the LF Discord some other way.

∫tan x dx:

--- Quote from: WillLem on April 02, 2024, 01:28:38 PM ---FWIW, searching for that game on Google doesn't bring up LF of the LF Discord. Players must be finding the LF Discord some other way.

--- End quote ---

It'll be because the moderator goes by Lemming. People will do a search for "lemming discord" and choose the first result.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version