Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Reunion [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]  (Read 69117 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] Lemmings Reunion [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]
« on: June 28, 2015, 07:59:28 PM »
1.) Download Link:

NeoLemmix player: https://www.neolemmix.com/

Lemmings Reunion (V 5.2  ~ 308 KB): Lemmings Reunion V 5.2
Contains the level pack in the newest version!

Lemmings Reunion Music (~ 80,6 MB) : Lemmings Reunion Music
Contains the music tracks! Extract all the tracks into the "music" folder of your NeoLemmix player. If the player does not have a "music" folder yet, create one in the same folder where the player is located.

Outdated Old formats version (before NeoLemmix 12.0.1):
Lemmings Reunion (V 3.3  ~ 293 KB): Lemmings Reunion V 3.3
Contains the level pack in the newest old formats version! Uses the same music pack.

To update you only need to redownload + replace the files of the previous version. The music only needs to be downloaded + configurated on your first download!

2.) Installation:

1. Get a NeoLemmix player from: https://www.neolemmix.com/  and extract it into a folder of your choice (if you already have an up-to-date player you can skip this step)
    Also make sure you got all the styles that are linked in the player section there as well and extract them into your player's "styles" folder. The pack uses some non-standard tilesets and
    therefore needs the collection.
2. Unzip "Lemmings_Reunion.zip" into the main folder of your Neolemmix player.  ../levels/Lemmings_Reunion should exist now.
3. Extract all the music files from "Reunion music.zip" into the "music" folder of your NeoLemmix player. If the player does not have a "music" folder yet, create one in the same folder where the player is located.
4. Run "NeoLemmix.exe" and press F2 in the main menu so you can access the pack through the level browser.
5. Inform yourself about the basics, new NeoLemmix features and hotkeys with the manual: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4081.0
6. Enjoy!

3.) Ratings:

I'm too young to die

No Knight Shall Die!:

In the first rating you will encounter tutorial levels, a few go to the exit ones, levels teaching you basic tricks and your first real puzzles. Don't expect it to go as slowly as the original game! (The final level of the rank will prob be a spike as it counts on you using a bunch of tricks you learned so far)
(Fun-Tricky)

Hey, not too rough

Rock and Metal:

Puzzles are getting harder, the tricks you learn will be advanced ones and even some pixel-precision will be needed.
(Tricky-Taxing)

Hurt me plenty

Whispers and Lights:

It gets a lot harder here. Levels getting way more difficult and longer and you have to frequently use all the tricks you learned so far. Sometimes think outside the box!
(Taxing-Mayhem)

Ultra-Violence

A.M.:

Now it's on! It is getting frustraiting sometimes and you have to use everything you got.
(Mayhem-Beyond)

Nightmare!

Justice for Heroes !:

Are you serious? Let's find out! The first ~ 15-18 levels will be just plain hard, but then :devil:. I am no longer your friend here! I am your worst nightmare! Levels are mostly long, complex, require perfect precision and everything out of your trickbox. They will be frustraiting, but consider: THIS IS THE NIGHTMARE! RATING and not the cuddle one!
(:devil::devil::devil::devil:)

4.) Thanks to:

namida                           for helping me along the way and with all the programs it took to convert the pack onto NeoLemmix
Plom and GigaLem         for making the mainmenu logo and the rank signs for me
Nepster                          for testing the Lemmini version
Akseli                             also for testing the Lemmini version
Vurez                             for three of the music tracks (Medival Arrengement, Tetris and Memories of the Green-Haired folk)
                                      Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy6yLi_53JfvJxSwNtdalWA
DJ Alundra                     for one of the music tracks (Medival remix)
                                     Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/pussi24/videos
Arachnosoft                   for one of the music tracks (Lemmings medley)
                                     Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/arachnosoft/videos
Numac                           for the rank finisher tracks
                                     Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NUMaCmusic

5.) CONTACT INFO:

Via email you can reach me at: ScavengerW@gmx.de

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4Elfo3E1jTl-SHlOy97kwA

Now have some fun with Lemmings Reunion and send me a few replays to get the last pesky backroutes!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 06:23:27 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix release of Lemmings Reunion
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 08:04:30 PM »
It appears that one must be logged into DropBox to download from your link. I don't know if that's a recent DropBox change or part of your settings, but you may want to look into that.

Anyway, gonna look at it now! :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 08:09:36 PM »
No. Just x the pop up and there you go. Marked it in the description for everyone now to avoid further confusion ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 09:05:40 PM »
I've started a playthrough of this, and just like with GigaLems, I'm recording videos as I go.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVWvcY0oGEFwuPbo0EkolrRUn-OLNfHUQ
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 09:24:35 PM »
I've started a playthrough of this, and just like with GigaLems, I'm recording videos as I go.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVWvcY0oGEFwuPbo0EkolrRUn-OLNfHUQ

Already noticed and watched it ;)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 05:12:52 AM »
Progress so far (ratings i've touched)
Im to young to Die 100%
Hey, not to rough 7%

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »
These are really challenging levels! :lem-shocked: This pack is definitely not for beginners; it really gets hard and the last level of the first rank, like many have said, already feels like a Mayhem difficulty.

Good thing this was ported to NeoLemmix, otherwise I would have really struggled in precision-required levels like the 20th level of the second rank (the Pillar level).

I'll get replays of levels I can complete to you at some point.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 03:41:41 PM »
So, I've just finished the first rank. And wow, that went up in difficulty quickly - the first half of it was incredibly easy, but there were quite a few levels in the second half I found very challenging. The last level in particular - I don't even know if I'd agree with Mayhem; it's the kind of level I'd think would be at least ONML. That's not to say it isn't a great level, of course - because it really was!
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 06:05:02 PM »
Warning I am not messing around here (not an easy beginner pack) ;) (as you already saw) . I don't make 2 ranks full of "get to the exit" levels. The first rank shall teach you the basics in the first half and some standard tricks in the second, with the last few levels require you to use the tricks again without the title saying it into your face.
But I saw how namida did the last level of rank one and I must say :lem-mindblown: This wins currently the overthinking prize of all the replays I've seen so far!
I might need to block this madness in the first NeoLemmix patch to stop the frustraition. I had a rather simple solution with the stuff you already know at that point in mind......, but well if you see your solution might work most people including me try to bruteforce it at all cost (and often lose a little bit of sanity with it :laugh:)

and thanks for the feedback btw :thumbsup:

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 06:50:28 PM »
so far i've been stuck on The cage and drunk lemmings on their way home
but i did enjoy "We are but Lems! Rock!" and "Please! Stop!"

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 07:19:06 PM »
Good to see a lot more people telling me the levels where they were stuck on. Until now most of the "too hard" "too easy" feedback was solely from Nepster and this is one thing which the feedback base should be as widespread as possible.
"The Cage" I moved actually quite a few levels back to it's current position, because Nepster told me that it was way too easy at it's original place compared to the others in the 2nd rank.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 08:28:30 PM »
Completed up to 0212 now (haven't even looked at 0213 yet; not stuck on it or anything). Videos are going up as we speak.

I feel these levels are a bit easier than those towards the end of the previous rank (especially that final one, even if my solution was OTT), but they're still great levels nonetheless. And that could very well be intentional.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 08:47:36 PM »
Well I tried to make the final few levels of a rank a bit harder than the start of the next one.
My goal was to make the rank ends (and more important the final level) not a letdown, as it was kind of in some packs I have played.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 09:57:34 PM »
The most hyped release of 2015 ! ! ! ! ! ! :lem4ever:
I'm really looking forward to this, I should start the playthrough in 1-3 days.

HYPE.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 08:28:55 AM »
Completed the second rank now! Although there's a few levels in there I wasn't too fond of, as a whole I'm very much liking this level pack! :D Your rank-finisher levels in particular are very strong. :)
My Lemmings projects