Author Topic: [SUG] Radiation & Slowfreeze Objects  (Read 3185 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [SUG] Radiation & Slowfreeze Objects
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2023, 05:22:38 AM »
Variable countdown timers for Radiation and Slowfreeze have now been added!

The value is set in the Editor, in the Pieces tab, when clicking on one of the objects. There is a maximum value of 99 seconds and a minimum value of 1 second, with the default value set to 10 seconds.

If for some reason a level contains one of these objects and a countdown timer has not been set, or has a 0 value, the player will default the countdown to 10 seconds.

This will feature in SLX 2.5, along with (hopefully) an improved animation for each...

Player support in Commit 34d43cda1.
Editor support in Commit 5a0e4ee.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2023, 10:32:04 PM »
One thing I noticed when playtesting the Slowfreeze & Radiation level in the Welcome pack is that it can become somewhat confusing quite quickly when you have both objects in the level at the same time, and lemmings crossing each others' path with countdowns above their heads.

I intend to address this in the very next hotfix update - Radiation lems will have a red countdown, Slowfreeze lems will have a blue countdown. In the meantime, I can assure you that the level featuring these is absolutely playable with the regular white countdown, it's just necessary to watch what's going on a bit more carefully.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2023, 06:16:44 PM »
Radiation lems will have a red countdown, Slowfreeze lems will have a blue countdown.

Nice, simple, and straightforward idea! :thumbsup: Had never thought of that before.

Now I have to edit my World-Tour levels back to the 9-seconds countdown, after already having adapted two to the 10-seconds countdown. :evil: But it will be worth it in the end, because they will finally be consistent with the Old-Formats version again.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2023, 08:38:17 PM »
Not a fan of the timer stuff in general, but differentiating the two with different colors is a very good idea.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2023, 05:38:37 PM »
And done! We have red & blue countdowns for Radiation and Slowfreeze respectively, and still use the usual white countdown for Timebombers and Nuke activation.

This feature will be available as of 2.6.1, which will be released in due course.

Implemented in commits c41ec0a89 to 14f6019e7