Author Topic: Level Design Contest #27 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)  (Read 4225 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Level Design Contest #27 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« on: February 03, 2023, 04:07:58 PM »
Note: This topic is ONLY for posting updates to your levels, or making late submissions. All other posts will be deleted. If you want to discuss the levels, post replays, etc, please do so in the Discussion Topic.

Please follow these rules for updates:
1. When posting a new updated version of a level, remove any old updated versions of that level --> Have all your recent updates stored in 1 post! I will delete such old posts eventually if the author doesn't; so don't store any important information in them.
2. Make a new post for a new update; do not edit your most recent post. You may, however, post updates to multiple entries (if you have more than one) in the same post.
3. Use the same filename as found in the ZIP of the entered levels, with "V2" "V3" etc added at the end. No matter how minor an update is, give it a new number.
4. Do not post in this topic, unless it's to post an update to your levels. Use the discussion topic instead for anything else.

Please use the same naming format as in the zip file:  User1_Levelname_R3V5.lvl ---> Level "Levelname" by User1   for Rule 3   Version 5 of the level 

For late submissions also, please use the same kind of filename as is used in the main levels download - ie: your username, and "R1" "R2" or "R3" to mark which rule the level is for. Please be sure to check the original contest announcement topic for the rules; as the notes in the discussion topic are simply meant as reminders, not full explanations of the rules.

Please use the right naming format when posting updates! That would lead to less confusions and less work for everyone.

Link to discussion topic

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
Re: Level Design Contest #27 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 12:06:36 AM »
Rule 3 - Jumpstone

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 01:33:50 AM »
Small update to Hanabi.

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 05:16:55 AM »

rule2 Natural-born (v3 -> v4)
- widen the water fall

My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 04:36:13 PM »
Version 2 8-)

Changelog (click to show/hide)

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 02:52:13 PM »
V4 of my R2 uploaded now :)

R1 Update History

V2 - Redesigned the dragon's tower, other terrain tweaked to incorporate a small part of a backroute (thanks Armani!), replaced all Builders with Platformers, and Stackers, Bombers, and total lemmings have all had their counts reduced. (V3 planned)

R2 Update History

V2 - Addressed several major issues that made the level entirely trivial to backroute.

V3 - Tweaked the skillset, moved some objects around, and added LOTS of terrain.

V4 - Adjusted some terrain to pre-emptively prevent future backroutes.

R3 Update History

V2 - Removed the Stacker and tweaked other skill counts, compacted the level, reduced the time limit, bumped up the save requirement (for both backroute and thematic reasons ;) ), and once again incorporated a small part of Armani's solution. :P

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 07:37:10 AM »
R1 Tomb of Doom

- V2 Here's a gap now

R2 Splash or Splat

- V2 The lower bar above the water is two pixels lower now
- V3 I replaced one slider for a walker. The blue arrow is a few pixels wider now
- V4 There's a trap at the right inside of the frame now, on top of the blue arrow. (And I changed the middle splitter into a different one, I think it looks nice this way)
- V5 There's also a trap at the left side now and some alterations to the bars above the water
- V6 More traps at the left side
- V7 The upper bar above the water is two pixels wider now. I've added a golden talisman: complete using no more than 12 total skills. (Thanks to ericderkovits)

R3 The Magic of Lemmings

- V2 The terrain above the out-teleporter is wider and made of steel now
- V3 There's now 10 lemmings instead of 20. The exit is a bit more to the left. The level can be solved now with a few seconds to spare
- V4 Fixed a tiny piece of terrain that didn't look nice :laugh:
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2023, 06:47:47 PM »
V4 of my R1 level - Garden of Love

- Modified terrain
- Somebody must have given that guy a spicy pepper or something.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 09:10:09 AM »
R1 remains V7!

Changelog History of R1:

V2 - Added some steel and traps to fix a backroute thanks to Simon

V3 - Added buttons to fix backroutes thanks to Armani and Simon

V4 - Extended trap on wooden plank near the bottom right and replaced steel with terrain where the left entrance is to fix backroutes thanks to Simon and geoo

V5 - Moved wooden plank with needle traps to connect with steel platform, shifted a triangular block over a pixel, and added some needle traps within the exit area to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V6 - Added a 1:50 timer to fix a backroute thanks to Armani.

V7 - Added a tiny bit of slope terrain on the wooden stairs on the bottom left not really to fix a backroute but to enforce a trick I intended better. Also to make that area more forgiving in the execution. Even before this change, Icho made it more complicated than it needed to be, as there are still multiple positions for the stacker that work ;) In other words, he self-inflicted the unnecessary precision in that area :P

R2 remains V7!

Changelog History of R2:

V2 - Added some terrain to fix a backroute thanks to Simon

V3 - The fencer is now a pickup to fix a backroute thanks to Simon

V4 - Replaced the pipe with steel and erased a part of the left wall to fix backroutes thanks to Simon and geoo

V5 - Added more steel and -20 seconds on the clock so that the time limit is now 4:30 to fix some backroutes.

V6 - Shifted the steel block near the exit a few pixels to the right to fix a backroute thanks to Armani. This was a complete dumb on my part :forehead:

V7 - Covered most of the thin pole near the upper far right area in steel to fix eric's glaring backroute.

V6 of R3 uploaded!

Changelog History of R3

V2 - Modified and expanded midair platform underneath the entrance to fix a backroute

V3 - More terrain added to fix a backroute.

V4 - Even more terrain added to fix a backroute

V5 - Swapped the cannibal trap with the smaller wrong exit trap and buried the former several pixels into the terrain and replaced the block with a not as wide one to fix a backroute

V6 - Added the correct door frame objects to the door traps thanks to Icho's feedback and expertise :) Also added some more wrong exit door traps in the bottom left area just in case there are any funny ideas that can still use it to backroute the level. They likely aren't necessary for backroute prevention, but let's play it safe even though just one suffices, and besides the area doesn't look as barren anymore :laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 09:04:49 PM »

Rhizome v2, 2023-02-14: Widen small platform from 1 brick to 2 bricks, purely for convenience.

Rhizome v3, 2023-03-27: Add frog at lower-right foliage to fix kaywhyn's backroute.

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2023, 10:46:28 AM »
Fix for kaywhyn's backroute to Pommes Schranke.