Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] God Save The Queen (8 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]  (Read 8379 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] God Save The Queen (8 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]
« on: November 13, 2022, 12:28:47 PM »

Check out the Records Table

A Lemminas tribute to the late Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, released on Remembrance Sunday during her Platinum Jubilee year (2022), also the final year of her life and reign.

The Queen was the sovereign of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth of Nations for 70 glorious years. She was a source of comfort, hope and stability for many, a dutiful constant in the midst of a rapidly changing world.

She will be sorely missed, and by way of processing my own grief I have decided to put together this mini-pack of levels, complete with music tracks based on some of Elizabeth's favourite music and traditional British melodies often associated with the crown. I've been feeling somewhat patriotic whilst making these, and it's been a lot of fun to pay tribute to the Queen in this way. Whilst there is some sadness weaved into the fabric of this project, there is also considerable joy and ultimately love for this remarkable lady and everything she's done for us over the years.

Enjoy! :lemcat:

Music Credits (click to show/hide)

Setting up God Save The Queen:

I've put everything into one zip folder called God Save The Queen which can be extracted directly to the root folder of your copy of NeoLemmix (the extractor will place everything where it should be). However, if you prefer to do these things manually, ensure that you do the following:

Place the contents of the "levels" folder into NeoLemmix>levels
Place the contents of the "music" folder into NeoLemmix>music
Place the contents of the "Replay" folder into NeoLemmix>Replay
Place the contents of the "styles" folder into NeoLemmix>styles (all styles are available via the NeoLemmix Manager, but here they are just in case!)

Recommended settings: NeoLemmix 12.12+ / High Resolution / No Smooth Resampling / Normal Quality Minimap

Please feel free to use any of the content (i.e. music, styles) for your own packs; just remember to credit me if you do.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 06:38:02 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] God Save The Queen (8 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 12:29:09 PM »
Lemminas II Records

* = indicates that this record is held by more than one player, or is unbeatable.

These records are correct as of the release of God Save The Queen V1.0. If you wish to submit a record, please make sure you have this version - you can download it here.

#LevelFastest Time (Player)Most Saved (Player)Fewest Total Skills (Player)
1Send Her Victorious2:16.29 (WillLem)70/70 (*)30 (WillLem)
2Happy And Glorious1:11.94 (WillLem)2/2 (*)12 (WillLem)
3Long To Reign Over Us0:31.41 (Armani)79/100 (Armani)6 (Armani)
4God Save The Queen8:44.71 (WillLem)2/2 (*)74 (WillLem)
5Don't Know What You've Got Til It's Gone2:25.24 (WillLem)7/7 (*)35 (WillLem)
6The White Cliffs Of Dover1:44.12 (WillLem)34/30 (kaywhyn)27 (kaywhyn)
7Too Good To Be True2:58.29 (kaywhyn)2/2 (*)32 (kaywhyn)
8End Of An ERa2:18.88 (WillLem)96/96 (*)53 (kaywhyn)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:06:57 AM by WillLem »

Offline messedupface

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 12:43:53 PM »
Thank you. Long live the king

Offline chroda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 09:15:32 AM »
Thank you for this pack!:thumbsup:
Only one small problem: PIECE electric_trap_01 is missing in styles\willlem_lemminas_tealkingdom\objects and "1_Send_Her_Victorious.nxlv" does not start
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 09:58:25 AM by chroda »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 04:49:29 AM »
Thank you for this pack!:thumbsup:
Only one small problem: PIECE electric_trap_01 is missing in styles\willlem_lemminas_tealkingdom\objects and "1_Send_Her_Victorious.nxlv" does not start

You're welcome! :lemcat:

Thank you for flagging this up, I have now added the style to the God Save The Queen download. If you don't want to have to download everything again, you can also get it by using the NeoLemmix styles manager.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 04:58:02 AM by WillLem »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 11:37:24 AM »
Hi WillLem,

Pack solved and obtained all challenge solutions. Replays attached.

General Feedback

As mentioned in the OP, this pack is in homage to Queen Elizabeth II, who passed away earlier this year after a very long life and 70 years and then some on the throne. Indeed, level 3's challenge solutions have the player save a certain number of lemmings to mark certain milestones, bronze being 25, and two gold talismans of saving 50 and 70. I'm not sure if the save 50 is supposed to be a silver one, considering that 50 years is a silver jubilee. Finally, level 8, the final one of the pack, honors Her Majesty by being a 96-of-everything-level due to being the age that she was when she passed and presenting two images of the Queen as the terrain of the level, along with the crown and the years marking her birth and death.

As with pretty much all of WillLem's packs, the levels are pretty much open-ended for the most part in that you're free to carve your own solution given the lenient skillsets and therefore aren't that difficult if you're not too focused on obtaining the challenge solutions. However, if going for them then the levels are considerably harder. In particular, I consider the save 70 on level 3 the hardest challenge of all to obtain, with probably the normal solutions of either level 5 or level 7 the hardest of the entire pack. Also, I normally am a person who doesn't even go for talismans, but as this is a short 8-level pack I figured why not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Overall, I enjoyed this pack despite the short length. Thanks for this, WillLem! :thumbsup: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 09:21:14 PM »
I'm not sure if the save 50 is supposed to be a silver one, considering that 50 years is a silver jubilee

25 years is the silver jubilee, so that had to be silver, and the save-50 had to be gold. Since there's no platinum talisman, I just did another gold one :lemcat:

In particular, I consider the save 70 on level 3 the hardest challenge of all to obtain ... I normally am a person who doesn't even go for talismans, but as this is a short 8-level pack I figured why not.

I'm glad you gave it a go, and managed to achieve them all! :thumbsup:

Feedback comments (click to show/hide)

Overall, I enjoyed this pack despite the short length. Thanks for this, WillLem! :thumbsup:

You're very welcome! Thanks for playing, I've added your results to the records table :thumbsup:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 09:31:01 PM »
I've finally reached a place of acceptance with the passing of the Queen. I had no idea it would ever affect me as deeply as it has, but there have been a number of other changes going on recently, and what with the general instablity of the world post-COVID, losing her at this point was so much the more devastating. I mean, she was never going to live forever, but still... what a time for it to happen, at least personally, if not nationally, and even globally.

I'm sure Charles will do his best to continue her legacy whilst bringing his own flavour to the British monarchy, as he has waited so long to do so. Long live the King.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2022, 10:18:31 PM »
I'm not sure if the save 50 is supposed to be a silver one, considering that 50 years is a silver jubilee

25 years is the silver jubilee, so that had to be silver, and the save-50 had to be gold. Since there's no platinum talisman, I just did another gold one :lemcat:

Ah, I keep mixing up these anniversaries :XD: Understandable, perhaps there should be a golsilver or silvgold one or something like that. You know, by combining platinum and gold together :laugh: Actually, should be mixing platinum and gold instead, but well, I can't really find a nice and clever term for it.

Thanks! Your gold talisman solution isn't intended, but I like it. However, I'm confused about your silver talisman replay as it does in fact use Walkers... ???

Ah, my bad. I checked and it turns out I mislabeled the replays for level 2. The gold one is actually the silver one while the silver one is the gold one. Oops :XD:

Not to mention that the slider glitch happened here as well.

Which one is that?

It's the one where sliders should go out in the other direction after every drop, no matter how small. In the replay, you can see the slider doing it's dehoister animation indicating that it will go out to the left but it doesn't in this case. Apparently not all slider cases of this have been fixed yet.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022, 10:43:40 PM »
it turns out I mislabeled the replays for level 2. The gold one is actually the silver one while the silver one is the gold one. Oops :XD:

Ah, I see! No worries :lemcat:

It's the one where sliders should go out in the other direction after every drop, no matter how small. In the replay, you can see the slider doing it's dehoister animation indicating that it will go out to the left but it doesn't in this case

I've watched the replay again carefully and can't see what you mean tbh...

Meanwhile, set a new record of 8:44.71 for Level 4 - God Save The Queen. I'm sure it can be improved even further, but I'll come back and have another go some other time. Meanwhile, I'm struggling to see how to improve your sub-3 minute record for Level 7 - Too Good To Be True, so you hold the record for now ;P

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2022, 02:23:49 AM »
It's the one where sliders should go out in the other direction after every drop, no matter how small. In the replay, you can see the slider doing it's dehoister animation indicating that it will go out to the left but it doesn't in this case

I've watched the replay again carefully and can't see what you mean tbh...

When my worker lemming is done making the path to the exit, he starts the animation to go out to the left, but because the gap is small enough, he doesn't and hence continues towards the exit. The fix from https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5795.0 and https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5826.0 is supposed to make it so that sliders will always go out in the other direction after any drop, no matter how tiny it is. Apparently there's still some cases where they don't, like for level 5

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2022, 07:14:06 AM »
I was so close to save 80 for Long To Reign Over Us but it wasn't enough :XD:
I've beaten few more records and I'll upload the replays after I play through every level ;)
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2022, 05:09:40 AM »
I was so close to save 80 for Long To Reign Over Us but it wasn't enough :XD:
I've beaten few more records and I'll upload the replays after I play through every level ;)

Fanstatic work! I've updated the records :thumbsup:

We'll keep looking and see if there's a Save-80. It looks like it might be possible, looking at your solution.