Author Topic: Level Design Contest #25 - Playing Phase (Discussion Topic)  (Read 16657 times)

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
Re: Level Design Contest #25 - Playing Phase (Discussion Topic)
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2022, 05:35:36 PM »
Very nice find kaywhyn :thumbsup: - I did wonder if it was possible when I saw how icho contained the left crowd but I couldn't spot the bit about grabbing the pickup skill.
My Level Packs: Quartet

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2022, 07:58:43 PM »
@kaywhyn

R1 (click to show/hide)

R2 (click to show/hide)

R3 (click to show/hide)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2022, 10:59:57 PM »
@The Tomato Watcher

R1: Yes, I'm well aware that I overcomplicated the start significantly! :P That's the thing when it comes to solving levels in the game: A lot of the time you cannot take into account every single thing a player might try, especially with very messy and fiddly methods with heavy timing elements. Most of the time, designers tend to keep intended solutions very efficient and clean and hence the messy stuff from the player is all self-inflicted. As for the repetitiveness at the end, again it's not you, it just happens to be something that I'm not a fan of when skills have to be assigned repeatedly in a very short amount of time :P

R3: Lol I'm probably the biggest Pixar/Disney fan you will come to know! :P "Toy Story" happens to be a favorite of mine, so yes the reference in the level title was quite obvious to me ;) Especially if you've existed on this planet for as long as I have :P Yea, I'm an oldie and am nearly twice your age :laugh: I've watched nearly all of them growing up, though there's still a handful I haven't seen. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline DireKrow

• Noisy Crow
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2022, 03:22:15 AM »
Regarding kaywhyn's solutions to my levels...

R1 and R2 are acceptable alternatives that have been seen before and are close to the originally intended solution. R3 is the intended solution.
LOTY 2020 Winner
My NeoLemmix Levels: The Krow Files (File A v1.2 released 21-Feb-2020)