Author Topic: Level Design Contest #25 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)  (Read 3657 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Level Design Contest #25 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« on: April 03, 2022, 11:41:16 AM »
Note: This topic is ONLY for posting updates to your levels, or making late submissions. All other posts will be deleted. If you want to discuss the levels, post replays, etc, please do so in the Discussion Topic.

Please follow these rules for updates:
1. When posting a new updated version of a level, remove any old updated versions of that level --> Have all your recent updates stored in 1 post! I will delete such old posts eventually if the author doesn't; so don't store any important information in them.
2. Make a new post for a new update; do not edit your most recent post. You may, however, post updates to multiple entries (if you have more than one) in the same post.
3. Use the same filename as found in the ZIP of the entered levels, with "V2" "V3" etc added at the end. No matter how minor an update is, give it a new number.
4. Do not post in this topic, unless it's to post an update to your levels. Use the discussion topic instead for anything else.

Please use the same naming format as in the zip file:  User1_Levelname_R3V5.lvl ---> Level "Levelname" by User1   for Rule 3   Version 5 of the level 

For late submissions also, please use the same kind of filename as is used in the main levels download - ie: your username, and "R1" "R2" or "R3" to mark which rule the level is for. Please be sure to check the original contest announcement topic for the rules; as the notes in the discussion topic are simply meant as reminders, not full explanations of the rules.

Please use the right naming format when posting updates! That would lead to less confusions and less work for everyone.

Link to discussion topic

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Level Design Contest #25 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 04:53:54 PM »
An update to my R2 which uses the last 2 object slots for some OWWs.

Offline DireKrow

• Noisy Crow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 07:30:16 PM »
Updating DireKrow's R3 Level, "Ancient Lemmarine", from V1 to V2. Changes:
- Widened some gaps in the terrain to prevent a backroute discovered by Armani.
- Removed 2 superfluous climbers from the skillset.
- Minor scenery adjustments.
LOTY 2020 Winner
My NeoLemmix Levels: The Krow Files (File A v1.2 released 21-Feb-2020)

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 05:57:43 AM »
Rule2 Tightrope Planet

V1 -> V2 : move the one way force field a bit to the right
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 05:46:46 PM »
Updated my R3 to V4 - this is a bit of bigger change and hopefully doesn't introduce a backroute.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Level Packs: Quartet

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 12:33:26 PM »
R1

V2 - Terrain changes to prevent a somewhat precise backroute.

R2

V2 - Upper terrain lowered to block a cheeky Platformer. :P

V3 - Terrain nudged around slightly to enforce use of all needed skills, and water cleaned up a bit for aesthetic purposes.

V4 - Starting terrain moved upwards to prevent bashing through it, terrain piece swapped for another, traps added, and a superfluous Climber removed.

V5 - Starting terrain moved upwards a bit more because I didn't test every single pixel. :forehead:

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 05:41:23 PM »
Update to entries:

---R1 (No Other Lemming's Gonna Do That!)---
V1 -> V2: Added an additional button to the level to patch a backroute.

---R2 (Atmospheric Breach)---
V1 -> V2: Added 1 more terrain piece to fix a backroute. (Total terrain pieces used is now 8)

---R3 (Mad Dad's Chemical Research Dept.)---
V1 -> V2: Added additional pieces of terrain on the stand.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2022, 03:25:25 PM »
R1 remains V3

Changelog History of R1:

V2 - Added terrain and OWAs to block a backroute thanks to Armani.

V3 - Added OWAs to force more towards the intended solution I had in mind. Whereas I was fine with alternative solutions before, Apjjm's replay has me a bit worried that the way the shimmiers were used could possibly cheese the level somehow. They can be way more useful than that!

R2 remains V3.

Changelog History of R2:

V2 - Adjusted the time limit to fix a backroute thanks to The Tomato Watcher

V3 - Slight shift in the terrain to fix another backroute thanks to The Tomato Watcher

V10 of my R3 uploaded!

Changelog History of R3:

V2 - Added a trap and shifted terrain to fix a backroute thanks to Armani

V3 - Shifted the far left rope trap over to the right slightly and replaced the other rope trap with a fire trap to fix a backroute thanks to Armani

V4 - Shifted the pi symbol over to fix a backroute thanks to Armani. Also the trapdoor to the right of the flamethrower was shifted over, and the exit and trap at the bottom were shifted over the same amount as the pi symbol

V5 - Shifted various terrain pieces some more and added some more flamethrowers to fix backroutes thanks to Armani and Apjjm

V6 - Added another flamethrower to fix a backroute thanks to Armani

V7 - Added a sigma symbol and some more traps/water, also locked the RR to fix a backroute thanks to Armani. Also reduced the number of lemmings and number to be saved.

V8 - Shifted the tilde symbol over, added more flamethrowers, and made the shimmiers pickups to fix a backroute thanks to Armani

V9 - Moved the shimmier pickup and made just 1 a pickup, a builder is also a pickup, and both gliders are now a pickup to fix a backroute thanks to Armani.

V10 - Removed some terrain and flamethrowers and glider pickups, mostly to tidy up the visuals. Also shifted the hangman trap in the top left over to the right a little.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 04:01:05 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 04:24:15 PM »
R2 - Not much to work with...

V2:
 - Changed some terrain around to prevent a mining backroute.

V3:
 - Added some metal pieces.

V4:
- Added one-way arrows.

V5:
- Adjusted terrain.

V6:
- More terrain adjustments