Author Topic: Revenge of the Lemmings 2022  (Read 9015 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Revenge of the Lemmings 2022
« on: March 20, 2022, 02:34:24 AM »
REVENGE OF THE LEMMINGS UPDATE MARCH 2022

DOWNLOADS:

levelpack : https://www.mediafire.com/file/gp5qb3deh0ui5su/Revenge+Of+The+Lemmings2022v3.zip/file
music : https://www.mediafire.com/file/o4ybtygvcxcp8xj/ROTL_music.zip/file
solutions : https://www.mediafire.com/file/oywb2mdqlvmythj/ROTL_replays.zip/file

------
note:
Back in September; what began as an update that was going to focus on bringing the pack up to date with current NeoLemmix and fix just minor issues, turned into a very major overhaul of the entire pack. When I started looking through old levels from various sources I had saved from years ago I realized how much good material existed that deserved to be in the pack. This version of the pack is much more balanced and showcases even more content creators from the past. In the end I think this will turn out to be the best version of the pack yet. Huge praise and thanks to everyone who helped make it possible! I hope you enjoy it! And may it bring many hours of loss of sanity, hair and sleep!
------

since 2006 (the early days of the custom level scene) there were plans to make a community made L1 sequel game.
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=548.msg19540#msg19540
There have been a few attempts at this but one was finally finished in 2013;
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1596.msg40791#msg40791
Since then a lot of people played the pack and gave feedback and it's underwent several major changes.

Finally; an update for Revenge of the Lemmings is here for NeoLemmix version 12.12.4 as of March 2022.

::::::::::::::CHANGEES from previous version:::::::::::::::

A number of levels have been altered to fix backroutes or physics changes in NL.
Some levels have been renamed.

Most levels by InsaneSteve, Clam, and Martin Zurlinden were removed. All of these levels [and more] can be found in up-to-date versions here;

MazuLems (by Martin Zurlinden)
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4195.msg74977#msg74977

Clammings (by Clam (formerly Clam Spammer)
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3642.msg68484#msg68484

Insane Steve's World (by InsaneSteve aka Chaos Defrost)
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4051.msg73545#msg73545

Any levels credited to them here were taken from the "Level Design Game" these levels are not present in the above packs.

Some levels were removed based on feedback or backroute/physics issues. A handful of levels from the first (Lemmini) version that had been removed from version 2 and 3 were brought back.

***Over 60 new levels have been added to the pack since the previous version.***

...making the grand total now 240 over 6 ranks.

Many of these levels have been altered from their original versions (found from various sources) to fix backroutes and other issues.

attached is a small sample of some of the levels added.

-----------
The newest level in the pack is probably "Lemming Sold Separately" by grentiie20 uploaded to the archive in 2014.

The oldest level in the pack is probably "Someone must help us" by Matthias Witt; which was the "level of the month winner" in April of 2000 from this website:
http://web.archive.org/web/20021224222043/http://vtm.hypermart.net/Pages/Lemm/Levels/Winners/Apr2000.htm

---------------
Please note: I consider other versions of this pack to be outdated. I make no plans to update a Lemmini or any other version. Anyone else is welcome to do whatever they want with those versions; I am not in charge there. I also needed to remove copies of those versions from my mediafire account which is where they were hosted, so links to those elsewhere on this forum (if they still existed) have broke).

A little bit later I will release the pack of levels that didn't make it in or got removed from the pack for various reasons.

many thanks to all those who helped in a large way on this enormous project. These people are responsible for recommending levels, play testing, fixing levels and other help:

Akseli
Armani
Clam
crane
geoo
gigalem for logo and artwork
gronkling
IchoTolot
Flopsy
gronkling
namida
Proxima
Turrican
t3tesla
wafflem
Willlem

special thanks to Armani, Turrican and Willem for doing a huge amount of testing for this latest update.

The Readme file contains all the designers and people who helped put the pack together.

This is a humongous pack and I'm sure there are at least a few mistakes or issues I've missed. Let me know here or wherever if there are any problems.

*If anyone plans to do videos of this pack and has any copyright issues with the music used let me know, and I can potentially change it. I used tracks from quite a few different games and sources.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 04:10:18 PM by mobius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Lemmings 2022
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 07:55:16 AM »
Congrats on finally releasing the New Formats version of RotL, mobius! :thumbsup: It might had taken a while, but you did it. I must thank you for putting together the Lemmini version all those years ago as well. I'm so close to finishing it, as I'm on the final level of it as of last year, but it's still not solved as I'm not certain what glitch it's supposed to use. Perhaps I'll take a look at it again sometime and see if I can figure it out. I know you have posted a hint(s) for it, but I haven't opened them, as I'm quite stubborn when it comes to solving levels on my own :P

In any case, this goes on my to-LP list. As a matter of fact, I"m thinking of closing off 2022 with this pack. That is, unless the community pack gets done before then, then maybe I'll do that one instead, but for now I'm almost certain I'll be finishing off the year with this as my final LP. So, still a while, but I'm sure I'll figure out a way to allocate the various LPs throughout the rest of 2022.

Thanks again for all your hard work in putting this gargantuan pack together, as well as everyone else who contributed to its making! :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 05:13:58 PM »
as promised here is the "outtakes" pack. These are most of the levels (232 no less) that were;

-removed from older versions of the pack. This does not include levels compiled elsewhere such as MazuLems Those can be found in the links in the first post.
-levels that were considered but not included.

The reasons for removal were many but mostly it was backroutes or the level not working as intended (or at all) due to physics changes, or player feedback. Note that a small number of old version levels are not present as they are not solvable and some may have been lost.

There are no ranks and the levels are in no particular order.
There won't be any music or replays supplied for this pack; I won't guarantee that all these are solvable (I can say I know that *most* of them are); this is not intended as a finished pack but more as 'extra goodies'.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 12:53:01 AM »
Hi mobius,

Firstly, congratulations on the release and thank you for all the hard work in finding so many previously unknown levels and putting the whole pack together! It's a colossal achievement and you should be very proud of the result.

However, even after just playing through the first rank, I find I have to ask: where will the pack be going from here? If I have suggestions for levels that I feel should be moved, or removed altogether, will you consider making such changes for a version 4.1, or are you done with the pack now? I will certainly be going through the pack and giving feedback in any case, but I would have a different focus to my feedback depending on how such suggestions would be received.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 05:22:54 PM »
I just made a minor update: I realized only after uploading that the level "Where do I dig next?" [devious] was essentially a recreation of "Hello John Got a New Lemming" [level from NES lemmings]. So I've swapped that with another level from the outtakes rank. --"Tougher Egyptian level" but changed the title.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 04:12:45 PM »
made a tiny update: I screwed up the last update I did (when removing the "where do I dig next?" level; two levels had the same title; should be fixed now.

[link in first post]

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2022, 04:27:38 PM »
After thinking it over; I won't be making anymore updates to this pack; to fix backroutes or anything like that. For a few reasons, but the biggest: its simply too much work. The only issues I'll attend to is if the pack fails to load or work properly.

note: I still appreciate any feedback and comments/replays on the levels within the pack.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 10:53:15 AM »
I hate to be a killjoy, but I don't like how Armageddon 20 has pickup skills.  I feel like it breaks the theme and feel of "Revenge of the Lemmings" being old, traditional levels with only the 8 original skills.

You said you won't make any more fixes, but would you possibly accept backroute fixes from the authors of the levels?  The Final Countdown, for example, kind of depended slightly on the wonky steel and the Digger physics of DOS Lemmings to prevent a backroute (which is easy enough to fix for NeoLemmix).

Some sad feelings at seeing some older levels not make the cut, like "Betcha can't save just one", since there was a Gold Talisman award for saving 3, and "From the Brink" that would have made for an excellent finale, although I can understand it being too gimmicky.  At the same time, some great replacements too... I love that Deep Freeze is finally included!

I feel a bit sad that you simplified Crystal Caves and didn't leave the harder, original version somewhere (original version required 100% to be saved and had 5 Climbers, 1 Floater, 10 Bombers, 5 Builders, 1 Basher and 10 Miners... originally there were 20 Bombers and Miners, but I think I reduced this at some point) - it's otherwise meant to give the air of a traditional Mayhem level - but I can understand with needing some simpler Picnic levels, so it's no real loss.

Looking at the levels in the pack, I've come to two conclusions:
  • I forgot how much I love making levels with a 2-minute time limit!
  • Everyone loved the "It's hero time" skillset to the point that it's a little pervasive in the pack! 
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, if you wanted to add any talismans (which of course is more work), I do have a replay for Duality if you like that uses only 3 Bashers.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2022, 12:04:52 PM »
(For some reason this didn't catch my attention until now - I'm so sorry!)

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2022, 01:02:35 PM »
To be fair I believe Lemmings Reunion also has a level or two with pickup skills to avoid backroutes, whereas DoveLems and PimoLems have a few levels with various NeoLemmix-exclusive features for various reasons despite all of them also being older and "more traditional" packs.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 01:38:53 PM by chrisleec728 »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2022, 06:36:48 PM »
I really don't want to tread on anyone's toes here, but since mobius has declined to make further updates, I volunteer to take over maintenance of this pack. In my opinion, it really should continue to receive updates, since it is a unique showcase of the best of the community's early years. I think mobius has done great work on the pack, but it clearly isn't finished yet -- some levels could stand to have backroute fixes, as Crane suggests, and another pair of eyes could help with inclusion and ordering decisions -- for instance, I am baffled by how the very tricky "Crossing Paths" ended up in the first rank.

None of this is meant as a slight on mobius -- it's just that all the work involved, including testing and balancing, is too much for any one person to do alone. And I know I don't have a good track record; I was nominally in charge of one of the earlier versions, and I left it for so long that others had to step up and take over. However, I am in a better place in my life now and I am sure I could help put together a new version, with community input so that it can be the definitive final version, in time for kaywhyn's last LP of 2013.

Would it be okay for me to have a go at this?

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2022, 07:09:57 PM »
I've learnt over time that it's impossible to make everyone happy, and I admit I can be the worst critic since I'm an absolute perfectionist and I probably hark back to nostalgia a bit too much... not just for traditional Lemmings levels but also levels that appeared in previous versions of "Revenge of the Lemmings" that I personally really liked, but which didn't make the cut this around, such as the Pillar-themed "Builderless work" and "Builders' cracks".

I was surprised to see "Crossing Paths" appear in the first rank too - it makes me wonder if there's a backroute.  It also reminds me that different people find different levels harder than others, since a lot of it is down to luck in how quickly we see the solution.

But to reiterate what Proxima said, it's no way meant to be a slight on möbius.  Heck, I was offered the role of maintaining and upgrading Revenge of the Lemmings once, and I kind of just forgot about it, being too distracted with other things in life.  For that I apologise, and I should be grateful that my levels are in the pack at all.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 12:18:32 AM »
you (or anyone) is welcome to take over. I decided I'm not devoting anymore major time to this. I want to do other things.

FYI: I don't know if it matters to anyone or not but I am thinking about converting more old levels from the archive and cheapo sometimes including levels that are in this pack and making them into smaller packs. Like a pack for all of Yawg's levels, one for Ben Bryant, etc. But (if this ever comes to fruition) I plan to do this completely interdependently of ROTL.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 12:26:55 AM by mobius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2022, 09:02:09 AM »
Hello,

I have completed the first two ranks of the pack. Replays attached and of course feedback. Also, I have an LP of the pack: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJu3-uIIffWI9Kin5fNCa-Y1. Enjoy! :P Thank you to those who have watched them and the nice comments so far! :thumbsup:

General Feedback

Revenge of the Lemmings (RotL) v4.0 is a best of the NL community pack for New Formats NL and compiled by mobius. It contains levels from several different level designers from all those years ago. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the cutoff point was 2012/2013, so limiting the pack to levels made up to that point was a deliberate decision by the community. Any levels made after the cutoff point are not included in the pack. However those levels have the chance to appear in the WIP NL community pack currently being maintained by Icho. It hasn't been released yet, as there's still a lot of things that haven't been decided yet, such as how many levels per rank and I believe even the number of ranks. I'll need to check that topic again!

Historically, there have been several versions of the pack released. There's the first one made for Lemmini, which I completed earlier this year after almost 5 years once I was finally able to figure out the final level! Before that, I was terribly stuck on a Bonus level of Gronkling's, "Mystery Machine," for years until I had a tip-off from him from last year on Discord that the glitch required is listed in the Lemmini glitch topic. It was something that I've never ever seen before, as I wouldn't ever expect that behavior from the floater skill, as well as my stubbornness when it comes to figuring out levels on my own and hence I don't like hints/spoilers on the solution. Thus, as a Lemmings player, I'm willing to stay stuck for however long it takes until I figure out the solution for myself. In contrast, I wasn't stuck on the final level for anywhere near as long as Gronkling's glitch level of the Bonus rank.

After the Lemmini version, there has also been a Lemmix version, and, if I'm not mistaken, an Old Formats NL version of the pack. I haven't seen all of the pack on these yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the ordering has been drastically changed from the Lemmini version. In addition, as Lemmini glitches either work differently on Lemmix or been eliminated in the case of NL the Bonus rank was eliminated for these engines, as it was a rank exclusive to the Lemmini version and most required a Lemmini-specific glitch to solve. Thus, I believe the Lemmix/Old Formats NL versions only have 180 levels rather than 210 like in the Lemmini version, but I could be wrong there about the former.

In contrast to these 3 versions, the New Formats NL version has 240 levels across 6 ranks of 40 levels each. Thus, there are many more extra levels, many of which I've never ever seen before. This is definitely what makes it very exciting for me to LP the pack, though there's also plenty of excitement from seeing familiar levels again after so long as well. I had recorded all my solutions to the Lemmini version from almost about 1.5 years ago now, so definitely enough time has passed so that even some of the ones I've played before I couldn't quite remember how to solve for a time. So far, I've been enjoying myself a lot in my LP! :thumbsup:

Picnic Rank Feedback

Lots of X-of-everything levels here and hence it definitely reminded me of Lemmings Plus I after a while of encountering so many of them in this rank. Here, I think I remember several levels here being quite difficult in their original form but maybe their difficulty was intentionally reduced by making them an X-of-everything level in order to create a nice, easy Picnic rank level. For example, I recognized Akseli's level "Himalayan Lemmings" (Picnic 16). It's a very easy X-of-everything level here, but Iin its original Lemmix/Custlemm form, I haven't solved the level yet, though it's mostly because I didn't spend too much time with it. As a matter of fact, on his 10-level Dos pack, I've only solved 2 out of the 10 levels. The rest I haven't attempted yet and hence I don't know how very hard they are, though I do know several of them use glitches. Also, I believe the level has a different title there, but I could be wrong.

Another good example: Pieuw's level "Surrealism" (Picnic 10). I'm sure this level was called "Utopia," and it was in the Armageddon rank on Lemmini, but here it's been made into an easy X-of-everything.

Other examples: Picnic 7 - Snowy Caves by Eymerich (Ellischant), which I remember being far harder, and IIRC is in Crane's Holiday pack for Old Formats

My solution to the Lemmini version of the level of the pack: https://youtu.be/Pb6-k1e3wLY

Picnic 15 - Patience, Young Grasshopper by Yawg, which I believe was in the third rank on Lemmini and much harder as well

My solution to the Lemmini version of the level: https://youtu.be/O2-dqxYpv18

Picnic 18 - Crystal Caves by Crane. Like him, I definitely prefer the 100% version instead of this beefed down and easier one! It's quite a nice challenge in itself, and I would definitely be for putting that into the pack instead, maybe in the second rank just like in the Lemmini version.

My solution to the 100% version on Lemmini: https://youtu.be/-hZNdbk9HSo

Geoo's level Picnic 23 - Canopy Lemmings, I played Turrican's Superlemmini version of the level in its original form earlier this year. There, the digger mechanic works differently that allowed me to backroute the level, but I was told by Turrican that it doesn't work on the NL version. However, it doesn't matter, at least for this X-of-everything version, since it's easier than it should be.

The difficulty of the Picnic rank here definitely seems to be much better organized rather than being wonky and all over the place like in the Lemmini version. There's still a few levels that feel out of place, such as

Picnic 30 - Crossing Paths by Shvegait. This means I'm in complete agreement with both Crane and Proxima here that this level is hard for the first rank. I checked the Lemmini version after reading their posts, and the level is around the halfway point of the third rank, Frenzy. So, I too am confused about why mobius made the drastic change to put it in the first rank here ??? Now, I don't know if they got the revelation of the level being difficult from my playthrough, as I struggled with this one for a while in my LP, but something tells me it's from their own experience of remembering and playing and solving the level on their own rather than gathering it's a hard level from my LP.

Interestingly enough, I ended up solving the level the exact same way on both Lemmini and the New Formats NL versions! I vaguely remember using such a solution shown in my LP, so I got confused why I couldn't get the solution to work. Indeed, it still works, but it's far harder to make it work here than on Lemmini due to the way the RR system works on the engines. For comparison, here's my solution to the level on the Lemmini version:

https://youtu.be/JwPF07NP8zc. Notice that RR changes take effect right away on Lemmini, meaning for example at a 80RR you can get two lemmings closer together than at this RR by maxing out the RR anytime before the second lemming appears. Thus, it's much easier to create the spacing you want on Lemmini!

I checked the intended solution after solving, and indeed it's a far easier solution than mine. However, regardless of how you solve the level, the solution is very difficult to see here. Thus, this increases the difficulty significantly and I would still move it out of the first rank!

Another one I feel is hard and out of place for the first rank: Picnic 32 - Turn it Around! by t3tesla. I played the level a bit in pre-testing earlier in this year before the pack's release but I didn't get it solved at the time (too much going on in my life at the time). I did figure out how to solve the level, but the high RR increases the difficulty significantly, as well as the very tricky

As a result, this might work better as an early second rank or even third rank level even though I didn't struggle with this one anywhere near as long as Picnic 30. These are also quite close to one another in the pack.

Finally, Picnic 36 - Through the Liquidizer. Even though you're only given bashers here, this is quite a big step up in difficulty and very harsh for the first rank even though it's near the end of it. At least in my solution, it doesn't really allow any room for error, though it's likely I simply made it far harder than it needs to be, as I barely met the unusually low save requirement. I definitely remember playing this level from all those years ago and being very frustrated when solving it because of how Dos mechanics are. Here in NL, it's not as frustrating to execute, but perhaps it can still arise due to having to constantly tweak minor things in the solution so that it works.

My favorites of the rank: Picnic 28 - A Cold Day in Heck by Mikau Schekzen (it's in his pack on Lemmini), Picnic 31 - Crossing the Chasm by Gronkling, Picnic 32, Picnic 33 - EMERGENCY by Dragon's Lover, Picnic 35 - It's eight-hero time! by geoo and Clam, Picnic 37 - Brick City by Gronkling, and Picnic 38 - LEMTRIS by Minim. I'm sure Picnic 31 and Picnic 38 were also in the Lemmini version, though they're not first rank levels there, I think.

Devious Rank Feedback

This is a rank name change from the Lemmini version, as it was called Hootenanny there. A lot of great levels here too! Especially the new ones that I haven't seen before! The final stretch of 10 levels or so felt easier than some of the ones near the start or middle of the rank, though.

All rightie, definitely enjoying the pack a lot so far and I look forward to the many remaining challenges! :thumbsup: However, some remarks/replies to some earlier posts here.

I hate to be a killjoy, but I don't like how Armageddon 20 has pickup skills.  I feel like it breaks the theme and feel of "Revenge of the Lemmings" being old, traditional levels with only the 8 original skills.

Thanks for the heads up, Crane! :thumbsup: I'm in agreement here about having pickups in a level in a pack of otherwise consisting of only classic 8 skills having no place in the pack. I recently played through Master88's first level pack, and it's the exact same way with being restricted to only classic 8 skills and no levels having pickups, though there are still some levels that use NL features, but AFAIK it only uses teleporters.

You said you won't make any more fixes, but would you possibly accept backroute fixes from the authors of the levels?  The Final Countdown, for example, kind of depended slightly on the wonky steel and the Digger physics of DOS Lemmings to prevent a backroute (which is easy enough to fix for NeoLemmix).

I also agree here with authors uploading backroute fixes for his/her levels even if mobius isn't fixing them due to backroutes anymore. After all, the level belongs to the author, and especially as there's still some active users here who can fix it up

To be fair I believe Lemmings Reunion also has a level or two with pickup skills to avoid backroutes, whereas DoveLems and PimoLems have a few levels with various NeoLemmix-exclusive features for various reasons despite all of them also being older and "more traditional" packs.

You are correct, though Lemmings Reunion has several levels with pickups :P In regards to DoveLems and PimoLems, in the former, I can only think of one level where a miner was replaced with a glider. In the latter, several of the levels were originally glitch levels on Lemmini, and because glitches are eliminated on NL, they had to be adapted in order to be solvable. For example, Stormy 20 uses a preplaced lemming, while a level in the Pickaxe rank and a different one in the One rank both have the walker skill available.

I really don't want to tread on anyone's toes here, but since mobius has declined to make further updates, I volunteer to take over maintenance of this pack. In my opinion, it really should continue to receive updates, since it is a unique showcase of the best of the community's early years. I think mobius has done great work on the pack, but it clearly isn't finished yet -- some levels could stand to have backroute fixes, as Crane suggests, and another pair of eyes could help with inclusion and ordering decisions -- for instance, I am baffled by how the very tricky "Crossing Paths" ended up in the first rank.

I was surprised to see "Crossing Paths" appear in the first rank too - it makes me wonder if there's a backroute.  It also reminds me that different people find different levels harder than others, since a lot of it is down to luck in how quickly we see the solution.

Yup, I agree with both of you gentlemen completely on how Picnic 30 is a big jump in difficulty. The solution in general is just very difficult to spot. In addition, I provided a link to the solution I use on Lemmini, which is also ultimately the same way I solved the NL version here. However, my solution is easier to pull off on Lemmini than on NL due to the different RR mechanics the engines use. Even then, I am for moving this level out of the first rank and maybe into the third rank like it is on Lemmini, in the Frenzy rank. Definitely doesn't belong in the Picnic rank.

However, I am in a better place in my life now and I am sure I could help put together a new version, with community input so that it can be the definitive final version, in time for kaywhyn's last LP of 2013.

??? That was 9 years ago, and I had absolutely no LP videos of any kind on my YT channel in the 2010s :P If you meant 2023 instead, I would say don't worry about when I'll have my final LP of that year and to go at your own pace rather than setting a deadline to get it all together ready for release by December 2023, which is likely when my final LP will be for that year anyway. However, I do see the value of at least setting some kind of deadline so that it could at least maybe force one to get moving on the project and that it's perfectly fine to revise deadlines later on if necessary. In addition, I will likely not go through the revised edition of RotL once I finish my LP of the current state of the pack :P Besides, there's also the NL community pack maintained by Icho, which will likely be a while as well, seeing how plenty of things about it are still undecided.

you (or anyone) is welcome to take over.

Would it be okay for me to have a go at this?

Honestly, I myself thought about maybe helping out with the pack or even outright taking over the project at times when mobius was still putting it together, as I have done some level pack conversions for both SuperLemmini and NL before RotL v4.0's release. However, I do realize that it's a gargantuan task requiring plenty of decision making, such as how many levels per rank, how many ranks should there be, etc. Most importantly, looking around online for suitable replacement levels as well and deciding what to include/not include in the pack. Even then, I think I still be fine with doing all of that, with of course some assistance along the way with, say, testing and backroute fixing, wherever necessary   
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 09:49:39 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2022, 08:22:39 PM »
I tweaked the ROTL logo.

I thought the original one looked cropped. the edges were trimmed off. So I extended the corners and edges.
...Jeremy Kapp