Author Topic: Secret exits (Amiga)  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
Secret exits (Amiga)
« on: January 06, 2022, 06:54:30 PM »
Anyone remember these? There were 3 in total IIRC:

Mayhem 28 - between two of the small pillars along the bottom section. (L1)
Wicked 2 - in the big pit at the end. (ONML)
Multiplayer 5 - partway along the bottom (starting) section, on the blue side. (ONML)

My memory is a bit fuzzy on the exact location of the first two, but I definitely remember my friend showing them all to me.
Tribes of Steel - a whole new Lemmings 2 game! (120-level pack)
Currently a WIP - all tribes are complete, testing and feedback is welcome!

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
Re: Secret exits (Amiga)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 08:36:37 PM »
I remember two in ONML, both in "Wicked". In "This Corrosion" you could let the Lemmings just walk. And in "Chill out", the secret exit was in the gap between the pile of snow with the real exit above it and the snow-stalagmite left of it. (or left of this stalagmite, I'm not quite sure anymore)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 09:04:15 AM by Swerdis »

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 05:13:53 AM »
I've never heard of these at all, I might need to see these in action

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 12:37:19 AM »
interesting! I didn't know about this. So, I'm assuming they got rid of these in DOS for some reason (why?) because none of these seem to be present (I'm looking at the Lemmix version of the DOS levels.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 11:06:57 AM »
I never played the DOS-version, but if they don't exist there anymore, this would have been an understandable decision. From today's perspective, I consider them rather glitches than "secret exits". As a child/teenager, I solved the levels I mentioned exactly this way. Which means, I didn't recognize the beauty of these two levels at all - both of them belong to the best in the game in my opinion. "This Corrosion" even established an entire type of levels -  most people in the community know what a This-Corrosion-style-level looks like.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 01:02:03 AM by Swerdis »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 03:45:47 PM »
WillLem's Investigation!

Mayhem 28 Mind The Step... - Unconfirmed. @Ste Woz Ere - Can you remember which two pillars it was, and whether you need to build a little bit from them or whether you can just walk off?

Wicked 2 Inroducing SUPERLEMMING - Unconfirmed. @Ste Woz Ere - Can you remember the exact location, and how to reach it? A couple of people on this website claim that the exit glitch is near the beginning, but unfortunately the images on the site don't load so it's difficult to see exactly where. I did a bit of trial and error to see if I could find it but didn't manage to.

Wicked 3 This Corrosion - Confirmed. From the beginning of the level, just let the lemmings walk. They fall to the bottom of the screen, die, and then exit via the glitch!
Screenshot (click to show/hide)

Wicked 5 Chill Out - Confirmed. Send a worker to the left and float down. Have them bash through the snowy pillar beneath the exit, then build across to the stalagmite. Bash through it and then walk off to the left. The lem will die and then exit (as will the following lems!)

Havoc 18 Lemmings In A Situation - Confirmed. From the beginning, have one lemming climb over the steel block to the right and float down. At the very end of the brick section, dig and then build. The lemming will drop into the exit glitch. I tried completing the level this way and it seems that only Floaters can exit... this may have something to do with the positioning of the Builder though.

ONML Multiplayer 5 Showdown - Confirmed, but it's not an Exit glitch. If you dig directly down, there's a spot where the Burner animation plays as the lemmings fall offscreen, and there's another spot to the left of that where the Drowner animation plays. I cleared a bunch of terrain to make these easier to see:
Screenshots (click to show/hide)

I'll continue to investigate these when I have a bit more time. I find it highly likely that there are even more to discover as well!

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 04:03:27 PM »
Mayhem 28 - I can't remember exactly which 2 pillars it was, but it definitely wasn't a walk-off.  It might even have been a dig-down from on top of the pillar...it's so long since I saw it, but I do remember my friend showing me that as the solution. (and me then wondering how to beat the rest of the level to reach the real exit)

Wicked 2 - Unfortunately not...all I can remember is not having to do the last awkward bit. (where you build into the overhead brick and bash through)

Multiplayer 5 - The first screenie looks like the right place...didn't think it was just a death glitch, though. (could've sworn it was an actual exit)
Tribes of Steel - a whole new Lemmings 2 game! (120-level pack)
Currently a WIP - all tribes are complete, testing and feedback is welcome!