Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] DéjàLems (32 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]  (Read 7827 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] DéjàLems (32 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]
« on: November 03, 2021, 12:57:08 AM »

Ever had the feeling you've been somewhere before...?

DéjàLems features 32 levels that have already been solved! The goal here is for the lemmings to... solve them again!

Fun 1 - Just... Erm, Never Mind!

Fun 6 - Smile If You Love Deja Vu

Fun 8 - We All Fall Down

Featuring a modded style which allows Digger/Basher/Miner paths, Bomber craters and Builder bridges (not to mention pre-placed forgotten Blockers!) to be inserted into the levels, this pack asks the question: what if more lemmings came through the trap door after the level had already been completed, but with a different set of skills and level stats? Hopefully, you can find the answer! :lemcat:

As with most of my remix packs, the focus here is on exploring the concept, so these levels shouldn't be too difficult for most players. However, there are of course some challenges in here to keep the puzzle-fiends entertained ;P

So go ahead and enjoy playing through the levels that have already been played through the levels that have already been played through the levels that have already been played through the levels that have already been played through the levels that have already been played through... (vous avez eu l'idée!) :lemcat:

What's in the attachment:

:lemming: Level pack
:lemming: Full set of solution replays
:lemming: willlem_special style with custom tiles required for all of the levels
:lemming: Custom menu graphics
:lemming: Custom skill panel graphics
:lemming: Amiga Lemmings music

To install, simply unzip the folder directly to your NeoLemmix directory.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 01:18:49 PM by WillLem »

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] DéjàLems (32 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 01:08:31 AM »
If this is what I think it is, then it's really clever :lemcat: Can't wait to try it out :thumbsup:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 02:25:37 AM »
Had a report from Silken that the style isn't working. Anyone else having this issue?

I can confirm that the style included with the original download is fully up-to-date.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 03:04:26 AM »
Hi WillLem,

Great concept for another remix pack as usual! :thumbsup: This is definitely on my to-play list, though it might not be for a while, but as usual I'll eventually get to it. I liked your Inverse Lemmings for its concept, and I'm liking the description of this remix pack as well ;) It's always nice revisiting the original levels from time to time and putting some kind of twist on it, like with the former rotating every level upside down 180 degrees (which can be simulated by playing with your laptop/machine upside down, if you fancy that instead), or with this pack where a solution path has already been carved out and now you need to find another solution to an already "solved" level.

However, I experience the exact same issue as Silken in that all of the levels are unplayable due to missing styles. In this case, it is saying that the background is missing due to a style called "proxima tile." I even tried your Discord Special zip and that didn't solve it at all. Fortunately, as I said that it'll be a while before I even get to this pack, it's not a big deal for me right now, but it would be nice that the levels are playable for when I eventually do.

Once again, nice concept for this level pack. I always like these creative twists you put to these original levels! :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 03:41:32 AM »
all of the levels are unplayable due to missing styles. In this case, it is saying that the background is missing due to a style called "proxima tile."

Ah, OK :forehead:

I thought I'd already fixed this for my copies of the original levels, but clearly not. It is now definitely done, so this should never be an issue in the future.

And of course, the DejaLems download has now been fixed :lemcat:

NOTE TO SELF: Add the Amiga tile to willlem_special, perhaps? Then, use an alias.nxmi to redirect any uses of the background in special to willlem_special for those who, for some reason, may not have the default special style. This may not be necessary, thinking about it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 07:06:04 AM by WillLem »

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 11:43:12 PM »
This is a really clever concept for a pack & I enjoyed playing through the levels here :thumbsup:! It was nice to see the original levels with a new twist on them, and the difficulty throughout was approachable with a good variety of levels and puzzles.

I have attached my replays for the pack and included some level-by-level thoughts below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Level Packs: Quartet

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] DéjàLems (32 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium] UPDATED to V1.02
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 07:07:45 AM »
Following Apjjm's replays and feedback, a new version of this pack is now available!

Here's what's changed:

V1.02 Changelog (click to show/hide)

Click here to download the new version of DéjàLems.

EDIT: Amiga_Lemmings_Music is now included in the download