Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.12.0-RC Released [RC5 update released]  (Read 4207 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
NeoLemmix V12.12.0-RC Released [RC5 update released]
« on: May 15, 2021, 01:11:09 AM »
The Release Candidate build for V12.12.0 is now here. That means the new skills are very close to becoming stable, w00t!

Current target release date for a stable build is July 8th. This will be delayed if an RC update that alters physics becomes necessary (the new stable date will be at least two weeks' from the date of said RC update) - this does not auto-apply to RC updates that only make visual or UI changes / fixes, though I may still choose to delay it at my discretion.

Known issues (click to show/hide)

Download (V12.12.0-RC5, editor V1.39 included): https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=510

This download only includes the Orig and OhNo styles, plus "default", "xmas" and "special". You can use the in-game Style Manager (in the Settings) to download other styles, or you can download styles manually:
- All styles: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=52
- Any individual style: https://www.neolemmix.com/styles/12.11/XXXXXXXX.zip (replace XXXXXXXX with the style's name, eg: https://www.neolemmix.com/styles/12.11/orig_fire.zip for orig_fire - and no, "12.11" in the link is not a typo)

As always, it is recommended you install the RC build to a new folder, rather than trying to use it in the same folder as your existing version of NeoLemmix. You can copy across your hotkeys file (from the Settings folder) after running the RC build for the first time.

You can find some levels using the new skills here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5227.0 (Please read the rules of that topic before posting in it!)

Please report any bugs relating to the new skills on the New Skills bugs & suggestions board.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 07:28:39 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.12.0-RC Released
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 01:11:26 AM »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 07:19:24 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 11:18:55 AM »
Exciting stuff! I'll get some sprites done over weekend :lemcat:

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 03:58:59 PM »
Keep up the great work, namida. :thumbsup:
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.12.0-RC Released [RC2 update released]
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 10:12:17 PM »
Uploaded V12.12.0-RC2 update. This fixes a couple of bugs (one physics, one UI), has a new dehoister sprite, and has proper high-res sprites for the new skills (no Xmas sprites yet).

You can update from V12.12.0-RC1 using the attached ZIP. Full download link is in the first post.

(EDIT: Removed. See below for RC3.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:20:55 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.12.0-RC Released [RC3 update released]
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 01:49:40 AM »
Uploaded V12.12.0-RC3 update. This has an updated editor which fixes a fairly critical bug, and also adds Xmas sprites for the new skills (as well as a slight tweak to an existing high-res xmas sprite).

Attached ZIP can be used to update from V12.12.0-RC1 or RC2; otherwise the full download is in the first post.

(EDIT: Reuploaded with Editor V1.39.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:20:41 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.12.0-RC Released [RC3 update & Editor 1.39 released]
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 07:22:17 PM »
Uploaded Editor V1.39: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=508

V1.38 only fixed the skillset reset bug in some cases, so this is just a re-fix which should now fix it in all cases.

I have also reuploaded the RC3 update ZIP to contain this updated editor (but not the full download ZIP - so if you've downloaded RC3 via the full zip, please download the updated V1.39 editor as well).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.12.0-RC Released [RC3 update & Editor 1.39 released]
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 07:43:14 AM »
Haven't received any new bug reports / etc for a while now. I'm not going to bring the stable date forward regardless, but this is a promising sign. (This doesn't mean "no point testing, it'll still come at the same time" - if bugs only start to surface very close to release, I'd have to delay the stable date to have time to fix them.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 07:10:21 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.12.0-RC Released [RC4 update released]
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 11:58:33 PM »
Uploaded RC4 update. A few fixes, and some hotkey-related tweaks.

As always, attached ZIP can be used to update from any earlier V12.12.0-RC build. If you need the full download, it's in the first post. Both ZIPs also contain RC Editor V1.39 (which has been out for a while as a standalone download, but V12.12.0-RC3's zip contained V1.38).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 06:57:56 PM »
I've set a new standard re: moving to stable. I'll look at launching this as stable once two weeks have passed without any physics-changing RC updates (and of course, assuming nothing major's on the "to fix" list at that time). RC updates that only affect UI aren't subject to this.

I know this RC phase is turning out to be really long - I just want to avoid, as much as possible, having to modify the skills again after they go stable.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2021, 12:16:25 PM »
I haven't had a chance to check yet, but I know of at least one level that uses "only on terrain" on the Christmas lights object in the Xmas tileset, namely "Christmas Cavern" (level 15 of Holiday Lemmings '16) that uses them to make a very effective Christmas tree. Will it be permissible to have a 'paint' version of this object for the Xmas tileset?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.12.0-RC Released [RC5 update released]
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 05:37:51 AM »
RC5 released. This has a physics tweak to the Slider and a visual tweak to the Laserer.

As usual - attached ZIP can be used to update from any previous V12.12.0-RC build, otherwise full download is in the first post.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2021, 01:12:53 AM »
Please post things like that in this topic. If someone doesn't download it now and wants to find it later, that's a much more helpful place for it to be.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2021, 06:40:51 PM »
All is looking good for a stable release in a few days. I did find one massive oversight in the editor (namely that I never got around to implementing support for paint objects), but this is not something that will need an extended testing period - it's the kind of feature that's not too likely to have bugs in the first place, and if it does, it's the editor, it's far less of a big deal to release an update for that.

(To be clear, I have not yet released any editor update to address this.)
My Lemmings projects