Author Topic: NeoLemmix is Awesome  (Read 2291 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
NeoLemmix is Awesome
« on: October 06, 2020, 10:28:12 PM »
I've been away from Lemmings for a little while, and upon coming back to it I'm struck by just how good NeoLemmix actually is. As fans of the game, we're lucky to have such a well-maintained platform whose creator responds directly to community feedback.

Since becoming a member of this community, I've watched it grow and develop and it's now a fairly comprehensive Lemmings creation platform, as well as a great engine for finding alternative solutions, doing challenges, and sharing results.

So yeah. Just felt like sending a bit of love NeoLemmix's way. Share your own thoughts on why it's ace, if you like :lemcat:

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix is Awesome
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 10:52:45 PM »
its awesome cos its creater doesnt give the non programmers amongst us shit for not knowing programming and has endless patience for our questions

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 11:21:21 PM »
yes neolemmix is awesome, because of the skills shadows, also because of the backwards framestepping (one thing Superlemmini lacks) which makes it less frustrating when replaying a level when making one error, one
doesn't have to watch the replay from the start(Icho I know hates it when there is no backward framestepping in Superlemmini because I've watched his Youtube solutions and he has some levels he gets annoyed at the
fact you have to watch the whole replay over up to the point of 1 mistake)

neolemmix is awesome also because of the ease of designing levels with the editor, where making levels with Superlemmini is more difficult because Superlemmini lacks a good editor(only choice really is 1.43 which
lacks so many tile styles and objects.) Also Superlemmini has some issues with climbers climbing where they shouldn't or bashing mild slopes(unlike neolemmix). Tsyu needs to come online so he can perhaps fix some
of these issues. Also it would be cool if Superlemmini had a better editor with more choices for making levels). Tsyu said the last time when he was online he was going to update Superlemmini but He rarely comes on.

neolemmix is awesome because of many more skills(not just the original 8) which makes it more fun to create and play levels.

neolemmix is awesome because of the ease of putting your music files into your levels. (more difficult in Superlemmini)

neolemmix is awesome because of the fact it's continually being maintained(unlike Superlemmini where Tsyu needs to start being online where he said he was working on a new update-haven't heard from him in so long)

neolemmix is awesome because it's easier to share replays(Superlemmini has issues with external replays as many times one cant watch another persons's ones)

Yes and finally I agree with Mantha16, I think Namida is a cool guy because I know sometimes I can be a pain in the ****, and he puts up with everybody including me as sometimes I can be harsch but I'm really a cool guy too and I like everybody since I believe in treating everybody right(although maybe times I haven't been) as I know I want the same..

Awesome WillLem for starting this topic.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 12:03:13 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 12:08:02 AM »
Neolemmix is Awesome because of a lot of things

-It shows that lemmings still has a dedicated audience that's looking for ways to make sure lemmings is still playable in the modern age
-It's an easy to install and use kind of clone, allowing for nearly endless creativity for Levels, pack and graphic sets galore.
-It is Very community driven and has seen loads of levels been made or graphic sets get made
-It broke out from the norm by adding the option for Custom Sets, on top of having the ability to use brand new skills that add to the game in general
-It took out unnecessary fluff that made clones difficult to use or install (looking at you Lemmini) and improved upon a lot of things

It is a labor of love with lasting power, and has evolved since its inception over half a decade ago, it allowed me to make levels again, and I'm happy about that.

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 01:03:55 AM »
I think Neolemmix is awesome to! Like Gigalem said it’s easy to install (and use) not to mention IT LITERALLY COMES WITH ITS OWN LEVEL EDITOR!! And I’m not sure if anyone has thought or mentioned this but I think it would be a great way to get more people to play Lemmings. Even people who haven’t even heard of the game before. I’ve introduced a friend to the game using Neolemmix actually! And honestly I also think it might be way to get more kids to start playing to! I doubt there are many in the fan base.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 08:25:03 AM »
its awesome cos its creater doesnt give the non programmers amongst us shit for not knowing programming and has endless patience for our questions

This! :thumbsup:

Pretty much the main reason why all the other things brought up in this thread (which are all true as well, of course ;) ) exist in the first place.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels