Author Topic: [Neolemmix] Godlems [Difficulty: Easy - Hard]  (Read 7099 times)

Offline Duuddu

• View Profile
[Neolemmix] Godlems [Difficulty: Easy - Hard]
« on: August 20, 2020, 05:08:10 AM »
GodLems
======================================================================================
Ranks: Easy - Medium - Hard (the difficulty increases a lot)
Each rank contains 5 levels, totaling 15 levels.
======================================================================================

If you complete this level pack, if possible, send me the replays and a feedback for the futures levels pack that I'll do.

How to play:
-If you don't have NeoLemmix, download it from https://www.neolemmix.com/.
-Download this level pack and extract on the paste levels of your NeoLemmix. (if you don't have the paste levels, you can create one).
-Run the Neolemmix.exe and press F2 to access the pack through the level browser.

Backroute fix:
-Normal 1: Idiots Uses The Useless Trap
-Normal 3: One Thousand and One
-Hard 4: Godlems
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 02:50:48 AM by Duuddu »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Godlems [Difficulty: Easy - Very Hard]
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 10:33:24 AM »
Nice to see another pack from you! :thumbsup:

I will check it out in it's entirety soon, but still got some other stuff that needs solving first. ;)

For now I just leave you with a solution replay to the last level as a little welcome back gesture. ;P

The level is quite a time cruncher, but I would not put it in the very hard category right now as you can easily see where the builders need to go and that reduces the entropy by quite a lot. It's still quite challenging though!

Offline Duuddu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 04:52:28 PM »
Nice to see another pack from you! :thumbsup:

I will check it out in it's entirety soon, but still got some other stuff that needs solving first. ;)

For now I just leave you with a solution replay to the last level as a little welcome back gesture. ;P

The level is quite a time cruncher, but I would not put it in the very hard category right now as you can easily see where the builders need to go and that reduces the entropy by quite a lot. It's still quite challenging though!

I really thought that this level would take more time to be solved hahaha. Thanks by playing :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 04:58:31 PM by Duuddu »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Godlems [Difficulty: Easy - Hard]
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 12:07:23 AM »
I really thought that this level would take more time to be solved hahaha.

To be fair, it is Icho that solved it! I've added this pack to my LP list, will hopefully get around to the next few episodes sooon!

Offline Duuddu

• View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Godlems [Difficulty: Easy - Hard]
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 09:45:30 PM »
I really thought that this level would take more time to be solved hahaha.

To be fair, it is Icho that solved it! I've added this pack to my LP list, will hopefully get around to the next few episodes sooon!

Thank you by put this LP on your list! : thumbs up: I know that is a bit unfair to base the levels difficult by Ichotolot, he always have beaten my LP`s in record time! 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 12:19:49 AM by Duuddu »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 04:28:36 PM »
I attached my solutions to the pack.

There are some really great headbumpers in there. ;)

I thought Hard 1 + 4 were the hardest nuts in there. Especially with the timing and lemming distribution required for that one Hard 4 part.

Although Normal 1 was also quite a difficulty spike as I think it's harder than most Hard levels.

I also saw a gap in the ceiling of the hatch area in Hard 4. ;)

Offline Duuddu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 02:38:34 AM »
I attached my solutions to the pack.

There are some really great headbumpers in there. ;)

I thought Hard 1 + 4 were the hardest nuts in there. Especially with the timing and lemming distribution required for that one Hard 4 part.

Although Normal 1 was also quite a difficulty spike as I think it's harder than most Hard levels.

I also saw a gap in the ceiling of the hatch area in Hard 4. ;)

Thank you by playing :thumbsup: I already saw all your solutions :laugh: I see some backroutes, I'll fix it, but overall your solutions were very good!

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 07:03:58 AM »
Hi Duuddu!
I gave this pack a try and here're some comments and replays!

I had fun time reminiscing about the original lemmings while playing the pack.
It has nice aesthetic with old skool feeling.

I have some leftover skills for Easy rank levels but they seems to be open ended so I think I didn't totally backrouted them.
For Normal rank, I have a digger left on 'Normal 1 Idiots Uses The Useless Trap' so can be a backroute.
I like Normal3 One Thousand and One, it looks very simple at first glance but ended up with clean and satisfying solution.:thumbsup:
It was not that difficult but enjoyable.
For Hard rank, I have a builder left on 'Hard1 Have a nice week!' so i guess it is a minor backroute, or something like that.
And in 'Hard2 WILLO PILLOW', I didn't use right side of the level at all, is it a backroute? or OWW and right side of the level are just red herring?
'Hard4 Godlems' is my absolute favorite level of the pack!
I highly suspect that my solution is intended.(If using two builder to fill the 2 pixels gap is intended...)
It has a little bit precise timing part but it also has very neat trick.

I hope you enjoy my replays and I didn't break many levels.
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Duuddu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 05:29:57 PM »
Hi Duuddu!
I gave this pack a try and here're some comments and replays!

I had fun time reminiscing about the original lemmings while playing the pack.
It has nice aesthetic with old skool feeling.

I have some leftover skills for Easy rank levels but they seems to be open ended so I think I didn't totally backrouted them.
For Normal rank, I have a digger left on 'Normal 1 Idiots Uses The Useless Trap' so can be a backroute.
I like Normal3 One Thousand and One, it looks very simple at first glance but ended up with clean and satisfying solution.:thumbsup:
It was not that difficult but enjoyable.
For Hard rank, I have a builder left on 'Hard1 Have a nice week!' so i guess it is a minor backroute, or something like that.
And in 'Hard2 WILLO PILLOW', I didn't use right side of the level at all, is it a backroute? or OWW and right side of the level are just red herring?
'Hard4 Godlems' is my absolute favorite level of the pack!
I highly suspect that my solution is intended.(If using two builder to fill the 2 pixels gap is intended...)
It has a little bit precise timing part but it also has very neat trick.

I hope you enjoy my replays and I didn't break many levels.
Hi Armani! Thank you by playing :thumbsup:
Thanks, I really like the fell of the old lemmings :D
I saw all your replays and you really found some backroutes, at Normal 1, 2 and 3 (I really like your solution to normal 2, it's different). Your solution to the Hard4 "Godlems" is the exactly the original solution :thumbsup:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Icho edit:
I put the PS in spoiler tags ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 06:30:56 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 10:11:51 PM »
Just wanted to ask if a fix is still coming up. ???

Otherwise I plan to record my solutions in a few weeks or so. :)

Offline Duuddu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 03:26:34 PM »
Just wanted to ask if a fix is still coming up. ???

Otherwise I plan to record my solutions in a few weeks or so. :)

Yes, it will. I just very busy with the college and work, but I`ll post the lp fixed soon. :thumbsup:

Offline Duuddu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 03:47:37 PM »
GodLems
Ranks: Easy - Medium - Hard (the difficulty increases a lot)
Each rank contains 5 levels, totaling 15 levels.

If you complete this level pack, if possible, send me the replays and a feedback for the futures levels pack that I'll do.

How to play:
-If you don't have NeoLemmix, download it from https://www.neolemmix.com/.
-Download this level pack and extract on the paste levels of your NeoLemmix. (if you don't have the paste levels, you can create one).
-Run the Neolemmix.exe and press F2 to access the pack through the level browser.

Backroute fix:
-Normal 1: Idiots Uses The Useless Trap
-Normal 3: One Thousand and One
-Hard 4: Godlems

I uploaded the levels that has been already modified, but there are 2 levels that I didn't figure out yet how to fix the backroutes. These levels are Normal 2: Current. and Hard 5: The Incredible NO-LEMMING  World!.
I've attached here the original solutions of these levels.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 04:50:23 PM by Duuddu »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 04:31:56 PM »
I uploaded the levels that has been already modified, but there are 2 levels that I didn't figure out yet how to fix the backroutes. These levels are Normal 2: Current. and Hard 5: The Incredible NO-LEMMING  World!.

It seems like you accidentally attached the levels themselves and not the solution replays. ;)

Offline Duuddu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 04:53:40 PM »

It seems like you accidentally attached the levels themselves and not the solution replays. ;)
Thank you by the correction ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 06:29:50 PM »
Resolved the pack. Replays attached. :)

These levels are Normal 2: Current. and Hard 5: The Incredible NO-LEMMING  World!.

To Normal 2 I found the intended solution.

For Hard 5: I think you want to enforce too much at the start here and there will most likely always be a more efficient way as the terrain is very open towards a lot of possibilities.  Your intended solution just uses too many skills to create the situation you aim for. I would go the "adjust the intended route"/"accept alternatives" way here as a fix would most likely lead to some quite obscure OWW constructs.