Author Topic: neolemmix amiga demo  (Read 2800 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
neolemmix amiga demo
« on: May 16, 2020, 04:47:58 AM »
Here is the neolemmix version of the demo of Amiga lemmings. It contained 5 single player levels and 2 2 player levels including Battle of Midway. I made this real quick from a demo version I had.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: neolemmix amiga demo
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 06:54:26 AM »
Here is the neolemmix version of the demo of Amiga lemmings. It contained 5 single player levels and 2 2 player levels including Battle of Midway. I made this real quick from a demo version I had.

Great stuff. Do you have a way of extracting the sound files as well as the music?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 07:59:52 PM »
Is there anything unique about these versions of the levels compared to those in the final release?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 12:31:47 AM »
Is there anything unique about these versions of the levels compared to those in the final release?

Watch Out, There's Traps About is missing the trap nearest the exit - presumably, this was added afterwards as the other traps in the level are so easy to avoid.

If at First You Don't Succeed.. is missing its rope trap between the two sets of brown steps near the exit. I think this may have been added to emphasise that falling into this area guarantees failure, as it may not have been obvious from the demo version.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 01:02:10 AM »
yes I guess it's because it was just a demo version and they  wanted to make it easier. if you also notice that there are 120 lemmings in the "watch out there's traps about" too.

Also I do these to make the lemmings collection complete -even if it's just a demo

You can see somebody playing the amiga demo version on youtube, but I played it from the lemmings anthology file I have.

also I have just the '93 version of holiday lemmings on neolemmix since it played the 3 xmas tunes where the same levels
in holiday '94 played the oh no tunes. so I like both in my collection. The only thing is I don't have the logo for the '93 holiday
version since neolemmix has only the '94 logo since they put both '93 and '94 together. my '93 one just shows the default lemmix logo. it would be cool to have someone upload the '93 logo. I don't know how to make logos.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 01:21:33 AM »
The only thing is I don't have the logo for the '93 holiday... it would be cool to have someone upload the '93 logo. I don't know how to make logos.

Here you go, I found this one online.

Here's the original as a .png and a resized-for-NeoLemmix version.