Author Topic: lemmix player revisited  (Read 30814 times)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
Re: lemmix player revisited
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2021, 08:51:33 AM »
Personally I like the "high resolution replay messages" the most.

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2021, 08:19:56 PM »
Maybe you are interested in the 4300 levels I gathered.

I have downloaded these levels. Good job , on putting together these levels , in this level collection!

Also , another levelpack that you can add in this level collection , is "Ron Stard's Rodents" .  That's a very good levelpack , that Ron Stard has made , and uploaded in the level database.

Here is the link for the pack :
http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/ag1zfmxlbW1pbmdzLWRichYLEglMZXZlbFBhY2sYgICAtJGIlAoM/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 08:48:58 PM by Turrican »
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2021, 09:36:39 PM »

Also , another levelpack that you can add in this level collection , is "Ron Stard's Rodents" .  That's a very good levelpack , that Ron Stard has made , and uploaded in the level database.

Here is the link for the pack :
http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/ag1zfmxlbW1pbmdzLWRichYLEglMZXZlbFBhY2sYgICAtJGIlAoM/

Thank you for the compliments! :thumbsup: I'm glad you like it!

Here I have attached all my personal levels and the recreations I made from NES and ZX Spectrum Lemmings (51 levels in total). I have reviewed the screenshots and skillset for other levels I didn't recreate back in the day, and I think there are still some of them which may be interesting to adapt to Lemmix and the rest of the engines. For example, Lemming Sanctuary In Sight and King Of The Castle from ZX Spectrum, which both have the trapdoor on the left, instead of the right part of the screen.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2021, 08:23:19 AM »
Great! I will add the 3 packs in one 'Ron Stard' folder.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2021, 07:11:22 PM »
Very nice, the PDF has the Lemmix hotkeys. Documentation or on-screen hotkey display has always been the biggest hurdle.

-- Simon

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2021, 08:27:58 PM »
@Simon. Indeed. I always forgot some of the keys myself :-) So I added a help screen.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2021, 07:27:48 PM »
It would be cool too if in NL 1 permanent skill perhaps would be 1 color (1 permanent skill), 2 another (athlete), 3 another (tri-athlete), and 4 another (x-athlete).
Perhaps athlete(1 permanent skill could be yellow, 2(athlete) green, 3(tri-athlete) red, and 4(x-athlete) purple).

Suggest it ;P

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2021, 07:32:02 PM »
Don't forget that NL 12.12 is due to add a sixth permanent skill. And I'm against the suggestion: too many colours (especially since NL also needs distinct coloration for zombies and neutrals), it's awkward to remember what they all mean, and often the number of permanent skills isn't the important information in any case.

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2021, 10:08:57 PM »
I have found an issue in the new Lemmix player , that has to do with levels that use a release rate higher than 99.

There are are two levels I know , that use a release rate higher than 99. The reason they do it is because it allows them to have the actual release rate of the lemmings lower than 1. ( If you use a release rate higher than 99 in your level , in practice you will have the lemmings spawned in a release rate lower than 1 ) . Unfortunately , I  don'r remember the exact release rate of these levels ( and I don't know if they use the same release rate ) .

The two levels that have this issue are "Palace o/t once-hacked Lemmings" ( from the geoopk1 pack ) , and Switchback Symmetry ( from the LF Level Jam #1 pack ) .

The issue is : the player treats the levels , as levels with a release rate 99 , and the result is , that the levels don't play correctly.
The replays of the solutions of the levels don't work as intended , and for some reason , the replay of my solution for  "Palace o/t once-hacked Lemmings" , doesn't appear in the replay auto find screen.

I have attached here , the replays of my solutions for both levels. ( the replays , have been made with "custom lemmings" viewing style ) .

Here is also a video of the solution of "Palace o/t once-hacked Lemmings". It showcases , how the release rate looks , and how the level plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVvbbdbUf84

My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q