Author Topic: It's time to work towards a "final" version.  (Read 7795 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: It's time to work towards a "final" version.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2020, 05:54:38 PM »
I just want to state: If we agree that there is going to be a 20th skill to round out the panel for the final version of NeoLemmix, I would like to know whether it's going to be an entirely new one vs. another one from Lemmings 2: The Tribes.

I was actually considering bringing in the Turner from Lemmings 3D...

No but seriously though - I have no idea whether it will be borrowed from L2, or something original. "L2 has it" will not be a factor either way in my decision - if there's a good idea that comes from L2 I'll consider it, but I'm equally open to good ideas that don't come from L2 as well.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 12:57:29 PM »

Oh, then I need to postpone the development of Lemmings, Drugs, and Rock 'n Roll instead, because that one is L3D-inspired... :P

In all honesty, though, I believe this could actually be done, given that you've already implemented the Splitter from L3D. The Turner would then be a Blocker that lets every second lemming through, thus sending lemmings into two different directions successively. Not a very useful skill, I guess, but technically doable. ;)

An upvote for this: if it could make the chosen Lem start walking on the ceiling and then perform a digger skill, we have our upward digger (and, effectively, downward builder) plus the fact that this skill would be useful for so much more.

Indeed; this is precisely what I also brought up in the Downward construction vs. Upward destruction thread. But I see you've already responded there, so you probably know. ;) Magno Boots or Gravity Reversal could kill two birds with one stone here.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline insulfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 01:19:23 PM »
The Turner...? How would such a skill work in a 2D environment?

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2020, 01:49:02 PM »
That was the point of the joke. ;) But as you can see, I still found a way to overthink that one... :P
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2020, 09:55:26 PM »

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: