Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Levels by NieSch  (Read 13455 times)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: Levels by NieSch
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 05:48:45 PM »
Thanks. Have a nice holiday.

Also, I changed "Pythagolem's Theorem" so that your solution is no longer possible. See the original post for the new attachment.
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: Levels by NieSch [pack in the making]
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 09:05:39 AM »
Level 6

Level Name: Out of the Frying Pan
Graphic Set: Fire (Orig)

Preview:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:15:39 PM by NieSch »
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 02:01:15 PM »
Hello,

I solved one. I'm working hard on the the other two, though (including the new version of Pythagolem's Theorem).

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 03:20:35 PM »
I solved one. I'm working hard on the the other two, though (including the new version of Pythagolem's Theorem).

I think "Out of the Frying Pan" is the toughest one yet.

Your solution to "Why Worry?" is a backroute again. You avoided those traps cleverly I must say! I'll have to make some changes. :)

Edit: I've added three buttons now. The buttons have to be pressed by lemmings walking by to open the exit. I think this is a really nice NeoLemmix feature that fits the level well. :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 07:06:44 AM by NieSch »

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »
Hi, here are my new solutions for the Pythagolem level and Why Worry. I'm quite optimistic that the former isn't that much of a backroute this time. The bubble-level is the very first I ever tried with that button-feature and I must say I like it.

I couldn't solve "Out of the Frying Pan" so far, but that's just a matter of time :-)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 03:37:42 PM »
Thanks Swerdis. I really appreciate you playing/testing the levels. :thumbsup:

Although your solution to 'Pythagolem's Theorem' wasn't the intended one, I won't change the level itself this time. Your solution is well done too.

What I did do is try to make the level look a bit less boring and to give an extra hint to the solution(s) by drawing a right-angled triangle and equal sign in the bricks:

Your solution to 'Why Worry?' is still a backroute that I'm not happy with. I changed the level again by moving one of the buttons (and adding 10 lemmings and 30 seconds). See the post above for the new attachments of level and intended solution.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 05:47:10 AM by NieSch »

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 08:56:40 PM »
After lots of attempts I must admit I couldn't crack your new version of "Why Worry". I saved 82, but not the required 85. Since I've got my holidays split this year, I'm off for another week from tomorrow on. When I'm back I'll give it another try, but I guess you will have come up with another level then. :)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2019, 05:18:58 PM »
Has anyone solved "Out of the Frying Pan" yet? I like my intended solution and I hope there are no silly backroutes that I've overlooked. :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2019, 06:31:42 PM »
Has anyone solved "Out of the Frying Pan" yet? I like my intended solution and I hope there are no silly backroutes that I've overlooked. :)

I will take a look at the new levels in August. Right now I am a bit busy. ;)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2019, 08:14:40 PM »
I will take a look at the new levels in August. Right now I am a bit busy. ;)

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Level 7

Level Name: Bashing through the Snow
Graphic Set: Christmas + Snow (OhNo)

Preview:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:09:57 AM by NieSch »

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2019, 10:31:17 PM »
Hey, I named a level like that in LWT! ^^

Just kidding, there's no copyright on level titles, after all. ;)

Though I'm a little curious: Are you planning to pre-release every single level you make? I don't mean to stop you - it's just that you might find that, when you finally release the complete pack, interest might be somewhat lower than in any other freshly-released pack, because a lot of people have already played every individual level piece-by-piece.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 05:20:01 AM »
Oops, I didn't know there was already a level called "Bashing through the snow" out there. It seemed like the ideal title for a Christmas level to me, of course referring to "Dashing through the snow". Also the main thing in this level is about bashing and the music is Jingle Bells so I really like to keep the title this way. :)

About pre-releasing each level: I will pre-release two more (crystal and rock) and then learn from the feedback I get. After that I'm planning to make more levels and someday release the whole (small) pack at once.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:12:19 AM by NieSch »

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Levels by NieSch [pack in the making]
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2019, 11:24:23 AM »
Level 8

Level Name: Enjoy Yourself
Graphic Set: Crystal (Orig)

Preview:

I'm sure there must be a lot of possible solutions for this one. Attached is just one of them. :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 07:23:23 AM by NieSch »

Offline SQron188

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2019, 02:59:33 PM »
I'd just like to interrupt and say that all these levels you're making look really nice. :thumbsup:

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2019, 04:53:40 PM »
Thanks! :)