Author Topic: Baba is You (puzzle game)  (Read 1024 times)

Offline ccexplore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Baba is You (puzzle game)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 07:27:42 am »
Just want to add that even the music may be improved from the demo.  At least there's more variety.

Baba is You OST

Basically, the demo version is more like an early beta, less like a limited free trial of full version.  It's equivalent to those beta/demo versions of Lemmings, Lemmings 2 etc. people have talked about and posted here in the past, usually consisting of just a few levels to give you a taste.  You can probably expect slightly better graphics, music, sound and gameplay in the full version.

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 09:57:01 pm »
Makes me wonder how easy or hard it might be to reverse engineer the binary formats of the level files and thereby potentially create your own levels to play using the demo.
The game is apparently made with Multimedia Fusion 2 (A game maker-like engine), but I don't know if it has a build-in system for saving levels or not. This could be used as a potential starting point.

I own both MMF2 (though long since lost my discs, still have my legit licence key though, and I think I have a pirated but uncracked ISO somewhere which can be used together with the legit key) and its sequel, Clickteam Fusion 2.5.

There's no inherent support for external saving / loading of levels, but with a bit of effort it's very possible to use text-based custom formats (binary is possible too, even without a purpose-built extension, but it's very tricky). Many larger games built in it do exactly that.
My released level packs:
Lemmings Plus Series | Doomsday Lemmings

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2019, 11:56:47 am »
Basically, the demo version is more like an early beta, less like a limited free trial of full version.
That is always the case, if the demo is the original Jam entry. ;)