Author Topic: Ski Sloping Lemmings  (Read 227 times)

Offline grams88

• Everyone is like a brother or sister
    • View Profile
Ski Sloping Lemmings
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:39:40 pm »
Hope everyone is doing well. I thought I would post this topic which will be about the (Ski Sloping lemmings) a level pack with about 80 levels I've made split into four ranks so 20 levels each rank. I'm still to finish off the level pack but I'm very near to completing it. The name ski sloping lemmings might be a bit misleading as it has nothing to do with skiing levels but more to do with the rank names. The easiest rank is the Blue Slope and the hardest rank is the orange slope. Most people might know that the black slope is usually the hardest slope in skiing but I think it is the orange slope that is the hardest but the orange slope is very rare me thinks.

The ranks are as follow.

Blue Slope
Red Slope
Black Slope
Orange Slope

All of the levels I will make only have the eight classic skills as I feel you can still think of many puzzle ideas hopefully. I think I might be a few Neo lemmix versions behind but hoping someone can help us with that one, I wonder if the instant bomber is still the same and if the fall distance is still the same from the version I have.

Some of the levels might be lacking in the design department.

Sorry I won't post the level pack yet but I might ask a question, is there a tool for making level packs, I think Flopsy had a video about it somewhere.

Offline Strato Incendus

• He who usually only makes it up to rank two
  • Old Formats Fundamentalist
    • View Profile
Re: Ski Sloping Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 05:14:43 pm »
Shouldn't this go into the "in development" subforum then? ;)
Ghost Lemmings - help us test a possible new NeoLemmix skill!
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour, my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Paralems, a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems, a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Graphic Set Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 08:59:31 pm »
Shouldn't this go into the "in development" subforum then? ;)
Did just that. Thanks for letting me know.

Offline grams88

• Everyone is like a brother or sister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 03:24:12 pm »
Almost finished, I think I am 71 levels out of 80 so very close to finishing. Once I finish I might start to focus on fixing backroutes. I like the different solutions levels have but if the solution is more of a backroute I might try to block that one off. I've stuck to the classic terrain sets for the levels and it only uses the traditional skills, maybe giving lemming fans a blast from the past. I'm happy with the way some of the puzzles have turned out.

The frame stepping feature might mean that we can make levels a bit harder without it being too annoying.