Author Topic: [Neolemmix] Quest From Kieran Development Thread  (Read 17571 times)

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Quest From Kieran {v20 - 27/02/2023}
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2023, 10:50:44 PM »
Thanks again.

I consider your solutions to Star Trek and Joint Construction to be acceptable, neither are exact but you hit the main points now and so I'm OK with them. Joint Construction, not my greatest work, I actually could make a change that forces something a little bit more intended but I don't think it's a level where trying to reach that solution would necessarily be more fun to solve so I'll leave it as is.

Down the Tubes, I'm beginning to think this particular level layout is not going to touch the main points I'm trying to enforce and all the fixes feel gimmicky and bad to me now, so this one's back to the drawing board, will find time to rework it over the coming week.

In the meantime, here's fixes for the other two levels. It's good that the list is shrinking at least. I was going to have trouble fixing Pain Factory but then discovered an optimization in my previous official solution that shaved off a builder and then my backroute fixing worked. Hooray. Oh yeah, I renamed this level too, not enough pain being produced to justify the name.

v20 changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Quest From Kieran {v20 - 27/02/2023}
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2023, 04:26:40 AM »
Only three more levels to go! :laugh:
I have some replays for the two updated levels. ;)
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Quest From Kieran {v21 - 01/03/2023}
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2023, 09:52:38 AM »
Alright Armani, you did it, you bested me on Drifting Away. There is one change I could make that would stop all those solutions, but I really don't want to do it, so I've jotted down a note to revisit the idea another day, and I'm just going to accept Drifting Away as a multi-solution level.

Getting even closer to the end now.

v21 changelog:

Offline Armani

• View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Quest From Kieran {v21 - 01/03/2023}
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2023, 05:57:02 AM »
The factory level is looking good now :laugh: That's a really clever level.
I can roughly see how the intended solution of down the tube goes. I got two solutions and the second one feels somewhat promising to me. ;)

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Quest From Kieran {v22 - 02/03/2023}
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2023, 01:49:50 PM »
Great, down to one level now. Your solution to Lemming Sorting Factory is more similar to my original intended solution so I'm cool with it.

I suspected these kinds of routes would be tried first with Down the Tubes and I couldn't get it to work myself, so I had some fixes planned if needed. This is the one I prefer most, and maybe will need to resort to plan B, but will be a bit upset if it still gets backrouted after Plan B. Your solution 2 is very cool though.

v22 changelog:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 04:52:09 PM by kieranmillar »

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2023, 06:26:36 PM »
And.... this could be the grand finale 8-)

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2023, 06:54:27 PM »
🎉 Yep that's exactly it. We're done now for the levels. Hooray! Again, thanks so much for all the testing, it helped so much. All I can think of left to do is a logo, if I can be bothered.

If anybody else is still testing, let me know, otherwise I'll release in a couple of days. I like to try and draw a line on updating level packs after a certain point, and the release feels like a good time to make that cutoff, so once its released, its not changing, and any further backroutes will just be there forever.

Offline kieranmillar

• View Profile
Re: [Neolemmix] Quest From Kieran Development Thread
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2023, 08:20:21 PM »
And that's a wrap. See you all on the main board here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6184.0

No levels changed from the final upload here to the main release, but it got a logo graphic and credits, so you should grab the main download from the release thread anyway.