Author Topic: Level Pack creation tools  (Read 2126 times)

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
Level Pack creation tools
« on: June 22, 2023, 05:29:24 PM »
I created these two utilities to aid with creating level packs and I wanted to share them. These eliminate the tinkering and time-consuming process of these tasks and can help newer level-builders to properly format their levels.

Create LEVEL file.bat
If you place this file inside any folder containing your level (nxlv files) and run it, it will generate the (levels.nxmi) file necessary for your pack. The levels will be in alphabetical order, and everything will work.

Create MUSIC file.bat
If you place this file inside the folder containing your music tracks and run it, it will generate the (music.nxmi) file necessary for your pack. Then just place the tracks in your music folder and the music.nxmi file in your level pack and it'll work.

*Edit: Updated both of these slightly. The programs could list non track/level entries before if circumstances were right.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 05:11:49 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: Level Pack creation tools
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 05:49:45 AM »
Nice work, Jeremy :thumbsup:

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: Level Pack creation tools
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 02:51:50 PM »
Here's one more utility I made. This is just a basic tool I made to list the contents of a directory/folder and output it to a text file.
Just put this in any folder and run it to create a list of everything in that folder. Saves time when you need it.
...Jeremy Kapp