Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Graphic set redesign thread  (Read 6048 times)

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Graphic set redesign thread
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2019, 07:55:17 pm »
Assuming GigaLem has named all the pieces the same way, all you need to do is open the post-conversion level in a text editor, and use the "Replace" feature to replace any occurances of "namida_sky" with "gigalem_skymd". You can also do the reverse to convert a level using GigaLem's remaster back to the normal set.

(You can modify the translation tables instead, sure, but that only helps for levels you're converting from old formats, not ones that already exist in new formats.)
My released level packs:
Lemmings Plus Series | Doomsday Lemmings

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Graphic Set Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2019, 08:18:14 pm »
Assuming GigaLem has named all the pieces the same way, all you need to do is open the post-conversion level in a text editor, and use the "Replace" feature to replace any occurances of "namida_sky" with "gigalem_skymd". You can also do the reverse to convert a level using GigaLem's remaster back to the normal set.

(You can modify the translation tables instead, sure, but that only helps for levels you're converting from old formats, not ones that already exist in new formats.)

The best way you can do this is with Notepad++
Ctrl+F to open up the search tool, click the replace tab, type in the style you want to change and on the "with" box type in the style you're putting in. Then click Replace all

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2019, 10:45:31 pm »

The best way you can do this is with Notepad++
Ctrl+F to open up the search tool, click the replace tab, type in the style you want to change and on the "with" box type in the style you're putting in. Then click Replace all

While Notepad++ is a very nice editor in general, regular old Notepad is perfectly capable of doing the above replacement.
My released level packs:
Lemmings Plus Series | Doomsday Lemmings

Offline Strato Incendus

• He who usually only makes it up to rank two
  • One-man Lemmings band
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2019, 09:05:13 am »
Thanks a lot, you two! ;) I do know how the find-replace function works; I've used it myself to quickly alter translation tables before.

It just didn't occur to me though that of course, one can do that with the level file itself, as well! :D
Ghost Lemmings - help us test a possible new NeoLemmix skill!
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour, my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Paralems, a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems, a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels