Author Topic: Lix 0.9.48 released  (Read 39366 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Lix 0.9.48 released
« on: September 28, 2017, 03:21:57 PM »
Get the newest Lix:

Download Lix -- for Windows, pick 64-bit version
:lix-evil: Source code
:8(): Changelog
:8:()[: Issue tracker

Lix 0.9.0 released:

This bumps the middle version number, which means physics change. If you'd like to play tonight, you need this one, or the server won't let you in. :lix-grin: But I've fixed a couple annoyances in multiplayer, I hope it's worth it. All singleplayer levels are still solvable.

• Raymanni's Toy, Lab, and Gore tilesets to v3: Raymanni has drawn Lab monitors, Gore tentacles, eyes, and a bonesaw, a Toy chalkbox, and several more. All tiles have shading from the top-left as normal for Lix tiles. Thanks!
  • Added Proxima's and mobius's multiplayer levels, merged geoo's level changes for the tileset update.
  • Level search. In the singleplayer or multiplayer level browser, you can search the entire level tree for titles or filenames.
  • Fix #230: Frogs ate cubers, and flung cubers reanimated. Now, cubers stay dead.
  • Fix #231: Tumblers oscillated in thin walls. Now, tumblers will either move or land. (The tumbler code is not perfect yet, I'm planning to rewrite it, but the rewrite's subtle physics changes would invalidate too many replays still.)
  • Fix #214: Players permute correctly in networking games.
  • Fix #239: The server sends a permutation of correct size. This fixes wrong hatch/goal distributions in games with many observers and larger teams.
  • Fix #217: Skip remaining overtime when everybody has nuked or finished playing.
  • Race maps (= maps that have zero overtime) nuke automatically on the first scoring.
  • Fix #240: Observers don't have to cancel the end-of-game dialog anymore. I print the game result to the console. This is not beautiful, but it's an acceptable medium-term solution.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 01:05:30 PM by Simon »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lix 0.9.0 released
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:29:19 PM »
A few pieces of miscellaneous feedback....

* If, as an observer in multiplayer, you are on the level selection menu when a round starts, you are stuck there and cannot exit, even when the round finishes. I had to close and re-open the game to continue participating.
* Tab (should change which player's skillset you can see) doesn't do anything.
* Rubix's Going Up? 7p and 8p both appear in both the 7p and 8p folders.

This is old feedback, but now that we're getting 6/7/8 people more regularly, it really needs addressing: while you're in the level select menu, you should receive notification when someone else has selected a level.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:29:45 PM by Proxima »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.0 released
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 04:11:59 PM »
Rubix's maps remove duplicates: Done, already on github. Will be in next release.

Tab should choose spectated team but does nothing: Missing feature. I had the button remappable because I populated the options menu in one go. Feature is not high-priority, I'll probably remove the widget in the options menu until feature is done.

Observer in level selection gets stuck: Interesting, I never thought observers would dig for maps, but it's of course possible. Excellent catch.

Notify in map browser when other player selects map: Agree that this is important. I want at least a sound effect for now. A long-term solution must be even clearer than a mere sound.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 09:27:11 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.1 released
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 08:04:12 PM »
Lix 0.9.1 released.
  • Fix #243: Sounds play in the lobby or browser when somebody joins or when somebody picks a map. When observers browse for maps and others start a game, the observer's browser closes, and the observer will see the game.
  • Fix #244: Malformed UTF-8 in files within the level tree (e.g., zip archive) won't crash the Lix level search anymore. The offending file still will not appear as a searchable level; instead, the offending filename is logged. I validate all keyboard input for UTF-8.
  • Fix #246: Tiles with coordinates far out-of-bounds crashed the editor once torus wrapping became enabled. Will now torus-wrap these tiles properly.
  • Fix #247: The lix under the mouse is lighlighted far brighter and gets a dark outline to its left, right, and above it.
  • Fix #248: Multiplayer colors: Purple is lighter. Black is darker. Yellow is darker and has less green hue.
  • Added about 40 remakes by Proxima of maps from 2009. I've inserted the maps in their original authors' directories. Thanks a lot for your work!
  • Removed a backroute in lemforum's Duality from abusing decoration.
  • Removed hidden water in Sharing the Water Supply 4p. Removed duplicate map files for Going Up 7p/8p.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:26:13 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.2 released
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 04:11:23 AM »
Lix 0.9.2 released.
  • Rubix reordered his singleplayer levels and added the Community Collab Project: 4 levels in single/rubix/Extras.
  • lemforum: Path to Mahiman, removed indirect jump backroute. Runaround up to Cunning, Rainbow Road down to Quirky.
  • Fix #252: Level search queries won't match the prefix 'levels/' in the filenames because all levels would match.
  • Fix #256: When you export levels to images or save replays manually, the button replacement will not say "done", but instead tell you the filename.
  • Fix #254: When you run out of VRAM during a level, the game won't crash, but instead stop making internal savestates. This won't display a warning, it will merely log. Recalculation due to incoming network packets will take longer, but that's better than crashing. The game remains VRAM-hungry (it allocates up to 10 copies of the entire land VRAM bitmap) and this solution is not ideal.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:25:45 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.3 released
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 04:43:34 AM »
Lix 0.9.3 released.
  • Music: Download the music collection and extract into your Lix root dir. You can create additional subfolders in ./music/ and put your own tracks inside -- ideally as .ogg, .mod, .xm, .it, or .s3m. Lix will play a random track per level.
  • Fix #216 #261: The manual savestate function will now always overwrite the savestate replay with the current replay.
  • Improved the mouse handling on Windows, there should be fewer odd jumps of Lix's cursor over half the game window.
  • When you restart a level during pause, the game unpauses.
ClamLix isn't finished yet, and the splat ruler should not be always-on. Postponing these two features for future Lix releases, but we're working on them.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:25:34 AM by Simon »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 04:11:14 PM »
Fix #216: The manual savestate function will now always overwrite the savestate replay with the current replay.

Isn't it fix #261 or am I wrong?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 04:22:25 PM »
Yep, it's #261. Fixed in the bugtracker, thanks!

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.4 released
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 03:13:26 AM »
Lix 0.9.4 released.
  • ClamLix is included, a singleplayer pack with 113 levels. All levels are proven solvable. Thanks, Clam, Forestidia, and mobius!
  • New multiplayer maps by Arty, Flopsy, and Yung. In particular, more maps for 7 and 8 players. Some fixes to multiplayer maps by geoo and Steve.
  • lemforum's Eye of the Needle: removed a backroute. Rubix's Holly Jingle: save 99/99 -> save 10/10.
  • Restarting a level disables fast-forward or turbo-fast-forward.
  • Fix #267: Allow multiple hotkeys per skill.
  • Fix #257: When A's lix enters B's exit, B will hear the saving sound.
  • Splat ruler. In multiplayer, the splat ruler is combined with the exit-highlighting-function. Needs feedback.
  • Score graph marks players who nuked with black-and-white squares. Ideally, I find a better solution.
  • Fix: Disable editor grid-size hotkey whenever an editor window is open.
  • Fixed an assertion failure in the debugging build when dragging quickly in the editor.
  • Fix #258: The multiplayer server crashed when somebody left, then the remaining players started a game. Still needs field testing.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:52:45 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.5 released
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »
Lix 0.9.5 released.

Optionally, extract the music collection into Lix's root directory.
  • In NepsterLix/Moon, 10 levels got backroute fixes on 2017-11-30. All levels are proven solvable.
  • In ClamLix/Outtakes, beautified Korean Border Crossing (version from 2017-12-13) and Abridged Version v1. All levels remain solvable.
  • Merged multiplayer maps by Arty: Blow Your Top, Shaft of Chaos, Showdown at Chainsaw Gap.
  • Distinguished the pillars in matt/bricks from steel by yellow-brown color. Still to do: Distinguish pillars in geoo/construction from steel.
  • Fix #272: Always draw splat ruler in front of terrain. Draw splat ruler even when it doesn't snap to anything.
  • Fix #263, fix #269: Network game computes correct overtime when somebody nukes before saving lix, then saves some. This fixes crashes from assertion failures in the debugging build.
  • Fix #209: The replay verifier called from the replay browser creates checkmarks when it finds solving replays whose player name matches the user's name. Command-line verification doesn't create any checkmarks.
  • Fix #271: Verifier distinguishes normal failures without lix left from failures from running more than 5 minutes after the final skill assignment.
  • Fix #157: Playing back winning replays on a wrong level version turned your correct checkmarks into '?!'. Now, replays will only affect checkmarks when the played level matches exactly.
  • Fix #260: When you interrupt or modify a replay, then save it, your name replaces the old player name in the replay.
  • Better key names on Windows when remapping hotkeys. If you still see keycode numbers instead of a proper key name, please tell me key and number.
  • Translated leftover options to German: Sound and music volume, fast movement frees mouse, unpause on skill assignment.
  • Fixed links in the build instructions that were still pointing to asdfasdf; they now point to lixgame.com.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:04:04 PM by Simon »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 09:50:32 AM »
Restarting a level disables fast-forward or turbo-fast-forward.

I just noticed that it doesn't seem to disable if you lose and chose the menu option for level restart. Is that intended?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 11:25:50 AM »
Restarting a level disables fast-forward or turbo-fast-forward.
doesn't seem to disable if you lose and chose the menu option for level restart

Bug, coming from bad duplication of code.

Fixed for next version.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:35:25 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.6 released
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 07:20:39 PM »
Lix 0.9.6 released.

:lix-cool: Download for Windows
:lix: Download for Linux 64-bit

To update, extract over old installation. Alternatively, extract to new directory, then copy the directory data/user/ and the file data/config.txt from old installation into new.
  • Added Raymanni's Holiday tileset. Thanks so much for this beautiful set!
  • Added multiplayer maps by IchoTolot. Removed my worst old multiplayer maps.
  • Rubix's singleplayer, reduced initial lix in 3 levels to combat long waits when route is finished. Cropped small lemforum/Quirky maps with repeating decoration from 640x400 to 640x320. Compression Method 2 has a 2nd hatch.
  • Fix #251: geoo/construction/pillar_* looks hexagonal instead of round, and looks more like concrete, to avoid confusion with steel. Thanks for overhauling this tile!
  • Fix #79: geoo/construction/squisher.T has a flashing exclamation sign and looks different from pillar terrain. It's now clearer where terrain ends and where the trap begins.
  • Fix #253: Level search matches the level author, too, not merely the level's name and path.
  • Fix #222: When you enter a different windowed resolution, (un)check windowed/fullscreen, or load a user config file, the program immediately switches to the desired resolution and screen mode. You don't have to exit and restart.
  • Fix #249: Editor, rectangle dragging: Prefer to drag 1xN rectangles instead of (full-width)xN on torus maps.
  • Fix #219: On torus maps, editor draws hatch/goal annotations properly across torus seams.
  • Fix: Restarting the level from the end-of-level dialog resets speed to normal.
  • Fix #226: Enforce datafiles (= on missing important files, print & log error even in release mode), don't assert for datafiles
  • Log unplayable music only once per file per program start.
-- Simon

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 04:41:48 PM »
Why have you decided to put the music in the main release and not anymore as optional download? Userfriendliness? Or because it's now seen as part of the game?
(I don't want to speak against it. It makes sense especially considering external users but I was surprised that it suddenly was in there.)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 06:03:16 PM »
Music is in main download because it firmly belongs to the game, and the few extra MBs don't matter much.

I don't want it in source control and should find a good long-term method. Originally, I thought that if it's too fat for source control, then it's too fat for the standard download. But the standard download is unrelated; I could still take out the music if we ever have far too much music.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.7 released
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 03:24:46 AM »
Lix 0.9.7 released.
  • lemforum: Path to Mahiman, fixed backroute by early bashing.
  • ClamLix: Swapped Inside the Fourth Wall with Urban Ledge-End. Applied mobius's fix to Square Squabble from 2017-12-28.
  • Removed silent tile replacements, e.g., `moon.D' to `moon'. I've fixed about 20 levels that still used outdated tile names. I will make a pull request against NepsterLix with these replacements.
  • Fix #276: Replay browser prints the pointed-to filename, to avoid confusion what the pointedTo button does. I'd like to improve level-to-replay-matching further.
  • Fix #278: Don't link against allegro_main on any system. Linking against that produced warnings on Windows and program-terminating errors during dynamic library loading on Mac.
  • Fix #114: Don't index tiles at program start, allow adding tiles to the tree while Lix is running. This made the code far simpler. You still cannot change tiles while Lix is running because the file is read only once, then cached.
  • Fix #275: When a basher ran out of earth to bash, some basher code ran on walker memory, failing asserts in debugging mode. I don't believe this fix changes physics, therefore no major version number bump.
  • Fix #41: Options menu offers hardware fullscreen. This shouldn't be used normally, only when software fullscreen brings problems.
  • Fix #238: Lobby uses radio buttons for choice of server. We hide the manual address field when central server is chosen.
  • Fix: The level-to-image exporter crashed when called from the command line.
  • Document where to download music in the main readme, in the detailed build notes, and in the notes for package maintainers.
  • The Windows binary release has updated Allegro DLLs, they're Allegro 5.2.3.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:09:04 PM by Simon »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »
Better method 1. Extract to new directory, then copy these files and directories from old Lix into new Lix:
data/user/
data/config.txt
replays/
And any levels that you have built yourself. [emph. by me]

Well actually: and all other levels not in included in the main release (like from level packs not included in the main release)(if one wants to keep them).
(I've pushed for an update of that Lix level/fangame list because I've realized that I'm starting to lose the non-included levels over the instances.)

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 11:47:42 PM »
This may be an odd wish but can you tell in the changelog when you update the Allegro libraries? I only took notice of it indirectly through the fullscreen-issue. You even seem to have updated the zipfile from the build instructions, which is nice. But I can't know that I should download it again if it is not documented.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 11:53:16 PM »
Good idea. Allegro libraries are entirely independent from the source, but since I provide Windows binaries myself that many use, it's good style to mention that in the version history. Lix 0.9.7 was the first to ship with Allegro 5.2.3.

If you build from source and want the 5.2.3 libs, you need to download the .lib/.dll zip archive again, as explained in doc/build/windows.txt.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.8 released
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 06:08:46 PM »
Lix 0.9.8 released.
  • lemforum: Lix Cannon, cover confusing gaps that were solid. Pipe Dream, remove miners, improve lower route. Snow Jump, raise two pieces slightly.
  • Fix #285: Solving singleplayer replays are auto-terminated with a nuke if you leave a game with ESC before the game is over.
  • Fix #281: Explain airclick to cancel replays in a tooltip.
  • When you scroll at the screen edge, a tooltip explains hold-to-scroll.
  • Fix #279: With music enabled, but no music installed, the main menu explains how to download the music archive from the Lix website. Text will appear in the corner of the screen, not as a dialog box.
  • Fix: Sound volume setting had no effect.
  • Editor shows mouse coordinates in the panel, in addition to the piece coordinates that it has already shown before.
  • TAB is default binding for the splat ruler/exit ping. If you keep your old user file, this change will not affect your bindings.
  • Removed unused hotkey to cycle spectated teams. When I have a better ingame score board with player names, I'll think about how to implement this.
  • Removed unused strings from translation files in data/transl/. Each file lost over 60 strings, mostly leftovers from C++ Lix.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:40:54 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.9 released
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »
Lix 0.9.9 released.
  • Added Arty's multiplayer maps: Knock 'em Dead, Pyramid Scheme, Pandemonium Box. Modified Rubix's Access Denied to make it completely symmetric.
  • Fix #289: Replays that didn't point to levels, or even empty text files, crashed the replay browser on highlight.
  • Fix #290: Fixed crash when running Lix from the quicklaunch bar on Windows. Allegro 5 has an issue where the Windows sound driver depends on an active display, and I assumed that the sound initialization would always succeed. I've reordered my initializations and display an error message, not crash, in case the sound driver still fails to initialize, which should be rare.
  • Fix #288: Added optional program-wide hotkey to take a screenshot of the entire Lix window, saved in the export directory. No default keybinding. Plays disksave.ogg on screenshotting.
  • Fix #291: Replay verifier called from the replay browser won't interrupt the main menu music.
  • Fix #286: The player list in the multiplayer lobby won't draw over other parts of the window.
  • The splat ruler isn't drawn while the mouse hovers over the panel. All three colored bars of the ruler are drawn at 80 % opacity, not 100 %, to keep terrain details visible behind. Activating splat ruler/exit ping doesn't play a sound effect anymore.
  • Drew sunglasses icon and multiplayer nuke icon at scale 200 %.
  • Savestates during game play clock.ogg, not disksave.ogg, because they aren't written to disk. disksave.ogg is always played quietly, not loudly, because the sound file is extremely loud already.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:55:39 AM by Simon »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 02:04:48 PM »
One thing which I have noticed for some time is that the readme is now a md-file even in your Win release.
What is the proper program to open that and is it intended that it is that format in the Win release?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2018, 11:26:48 AM »
.md is text file with Markdown syntax. Open with your favorite text editor.

The idea behind Markdown is that it's both easy to read as a text file and to render HTML from it. This way, github can display a nice page for the repository. I still keep the text as UTF-8 with CRLF endings because it's core Lix documentation. CommonMark is the most complete Markdown specification and requires UTF-8 with either LF or CRLF, but some Markdown implementations don't care about this spec.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.10 released
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2018, 09:54:06 AM »
Lix 0.9.10 released.
  • Updated Arty's multiplayer maps, removed Knock 'em Dead, added Feaster Islands.
  • Fix #294: Loading manual savestates could occasionally desync physics. This fix is covered with an automatic regression test.
  • Fix #295: Stateload won't preserve the future when you wish to discard replay actions undone with framestepping. Covered with an automatic regression test.
  • Fix #250: Permanent abilities appear as little icons over your own lix.
  • Hardcoded the first miner eye position for the fuse and ability icons. Reason: This miner pose covers the eye with her arm.
  • Slightly reduced Lix's hunger for RAM by running the garbage collection more often. I still have to debug this gigantic hunger for RAM properly. On large maps, Lix might want 1.5 GB on Windows and 500 MB on Linux.
  • Don't paint over the level search button when the directory list updates.
  • Translated the search string "Search for filenames or level titles".
  • Removed the unused multiplayer jingles from data/sound/.
  • Editor shows coordinates only in decimal, not in hex. The map size dialog still displays the size both in decimal and in hex.
  • Editor doesn't count exits in singleplayer maps, to improve the visible difference between singleplayer and multiplayer maps.
  • Documented SiegeLord's batch file for the Windows build. Discourage installing extra software on Windows merely to build 64-bit. 32-bit Lix runs fine and is easier to build.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:43:37 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.11 released
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 11:43:12 PM »
Lix 0.9.11 released.
  • New multiplayer maps: Schism 2p by me, Team Attack 2p by Yung. Fixed exit order in Pave the Way 4p.
  • Implemented geoo's design for a splat ruler with only two bars. Both bars snap to terrain up to 16 pixels away. Hidden user option SPLAT_RULER_DESIGN in the config file data/user/yourname.txt can be set to 0 for this ruler, or to 1 or 2 for the three-pronged rulers from Lix 0.9.4 or 0.9.10.
  • Fix #220: On losing network connection, don't crash, but go back to the Connect screen of the lobby.
  • Fix #297: In the singleplayer browser, removed the gap between the delete and back buttons.
  • Fix #298: Option to invert the hold-to-scroll direction.
  • Fix #292: geoo/construction/Laser* flashes more clearly, to distinguish the lasers frmo red abstract pipes.
  • Fix #303: Print names of missing tiles on the level preview.
  • Previews in level browsers downscale the level more smoothly.
  • Mitigate #296 (RAM balloons to 1.5 GB on Windows) without solving it: Auto-savestate every 12 frames, not every 10, and keep 3 pairs, not 4.
  • Option to display torus seams is off by default.
  • In data/transl/*.txt, merged option titles and option descriptions in the same line per option, instead of having two lines per option.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 07:01:34 AM by Simon »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
Re: Lix 0.9.11 released
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 07:03:29 PM »
Hidden user option SPLAT_RULER_DESIGN in the config file can be set to 0 for this ruler, or to 1 or 2 for the three-pronged rulers from Lix 0.9.4 or 0.9.10.

Well, it's not in config.txt but in data/user/YourName.txt. Technically that's probably meant with config file but I was confused at first. But thanks to make this an user option, even if it's hidden in the file.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.12 released
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2018, 07:01:04 AM »
Lix 0.9.12 released.
  • Multiplayer maps: Arty's Let Them Eat Cake (rename of Feaster Island), Layer of Hell, Flopsy's Block Chaos, Nessy's Abandoned Sanctuaries.
  • lemforum: Some Cunning/Daunting levels reordered. This Lix, extra sawblade. Bipolar Maniac, imploders 5->1 because the level is lose-1. Tribute to Benny Hill, imploders 1->0.
  • On previewing/editing maps with more than 2.8 x 2^20 pixels (about 2.8 million pixels), Lix warns that these maps will likely crash. You can still play and edit these maps normally. The warning is not perfect, but OK for now; any real fix will be difficult.
  • Fix #229: Tooltips for all skills and all buttons during play.
  • Fix #306: `--fullscreen' command-line switch works again.
  • Allow the command-line parameter `--' to terminate switches. Subsequet arguments will be interpreted as files even if they look like switches.
  • Linking on Linux: In dub.json, specify only `allegro-5', not `allegro', and let dub use pkg-config to deduce linker flags (typically -lallegro).
-- Simon
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:43:29 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.13 released
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 01:43:50 AM »
Lix 0.9.13 released.
  • Close to the Edge, save 46/50->16/20. Building Block Maze, SI 32->50. The Abominable Snowlix, save 15/30->5/10. Block Chaos, walkers 20->60, overtime 1:00->2:00.
  • Fix #312: Splat ruler option is now public. Choose one of three ruler designs. Default is the 3-bar ruler with huge snap distance from 0.9.5 to 0.9.10.
  • Fix #308: Include Zanzindorf's lasers.
  • Fix #305: Autosave 4 pairs of savestates, not 3, on most maps, for performant framestepping/multiplayer.
  • Fix #55: Remove dialog on winning singleplayer. You go to the browser immediately after winning the level. Game pauses after losing, allowing you to framestep backwards or restart with the regular commands. I hope this satisfies the desire for a next-level button in the old dialog.
  • Fix #302: Remove end-of-multiplayer dialog. You go to the lobby immediately after finishing a networking game. The lobby console shows the result, but I plan to show better statistics here. This fixes the bug where observers were shown instead of players in the end-of-multiplayer dialog.
  • Fix #309: Show indexing progress of the search dialog. I still don't cache the search results; maybe the indexing feels still too slow on older computers even when its progress is shown.
  • When you show FPS and Phyus, I don't display VRAM anymore. Reason: Once VRAM got cached on huge maps, the Lix-estimated VRAM usage didn't match the real VRAM usage anyway.
  • New build dependency, Optional type. This is a source-only dependency and is automatically fetched by dub.
  • Batch file to build Lix on Windows conveniently by double-clicking.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 09:20:57 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.14 released
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »
Lix 0.9.14 released.

In total, this looks like a small release, and it indeed is mostly bugfixes for autoreplay bugs that I introduced in 0.9.13. It took me a long time to get those right.
  • Waltz in C Sharp Miner, removed backroute.
  • Moved Arty's race maps (Heart of a Gambler, one map per player count, 2-8 players) from network/*p/arty to network/races/arty.
  • Fix #314, #315, #318: When you win a singleplayer game or win an edited replay, either browser shows the game's stats under the preview and saves the replay automatically. (These bugs were regressions after I removed the end-of-singleplayer dialog.)
  • Fix: The command-line verifier generates checkmarks again.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:13:21 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.15 released
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2018, 12:13:31 AM »
Lix 0.9.15 released.
  • Behind You, Down Among the Dead Lix: Removed backroutes. Added Twelve-Bar Blues, a new multiplayer map by Proxima.
  • Fix #326: In the editor, clicking steel, then opening the terrain browser won't override the current terrain directory any more. You can still click on a regular terrain piece to open the terrain browser on its directory.
  • Fix #325: The default steel directory is images/geoo/steel/. This affects only on a completely new installation; after running the game once, your saved settings take precedence.
  • Fix #332: Tile groups will always be saved with relative coordinates that are all >= 0, even when some of their parts have transparent boundaries. (There is a bug left behind where tile groups with coordinates < 0 are loaded wrongly on torus maps, but changing the interpretation of a level file affects physics; thus, that second fix is postponed.)
-- Simon
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 06:47:56 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.16 released
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2018, 06:48:03 AM »
Lix 0.9.16 released.
  • lemforum: Removed backroutes in We're in This One Together (added steel) and From the Other Side (larger fire pit).
  • Fix #328: Automatic replays are saved after multiplayer games again.
  • Fix: Watching a multiplayer replay will never save another replay.
  • I credit our contributors in doc/thanks.txt. Let me know if anything there is inaccurate.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:27:13 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.17 released
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2018, 06:26:24 AM »
Lix 0.9.17 released.
  • lemforum/Hopeless: Swapped Bipolar Maniac (now 3rd) and Systematic Separation (now 10th) in Hopeless.
  • Score board in multiplayer: Hover over the score graph to see player names, exact lix counts, and exact number of scored points, in a large tooltip. See image below.
  • Fix #319: The terrain/steel browsers offer all dirs of depth 2 in images/ at once. After navigating to such a depth-2-dir, the terrain/steel browsers offer in one flat list all tiles recursively found in that dir.
  • Don't save other people's winning replays as your own checkmarks. Correctly save checkmarks after playing levels passed to Lix on the command line.
  • On loading a replay with zero players, don't crash anymore, instead create one player with the singleplayer color.
  • The Windows download contains Allegro 5.2.4 DLLs. These newer DLLs fix any remaining chance that Lix starts without sound when starting Lix from the Windows 8/10 quicklaunch bar.
  • Lix has a new command-line switch --allegro-version to print the version number of the dynamically-loaded Allegro DLLs.
  • Build system: Lix builds with both the most recent DMD 2.080 and with the better-optimizing LDC. I added allegro_color to the link libs. I require D Allegro 5 bindings of version >= 4.0.2 to fix a stack overflow in Debian LDC-built Lix.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 05:43:01 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.18 released
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2018, 05:42:36 PM »
Lix 0.9.18 released.
  • lemforum: Behind Bars 7/10->8/12 to remove backroute. One Step Off 80/80->20/20. Segmentation Fault 20/40->21/40. Merge Sort, hollow terrain to remove red herrings. Rhapsody in Blue, aligned traps to terrain (removes 1-pixel gaps). Removed obviously unassignable imploders/exploders/cubers according to save requirement.
  • Rubix's levels: Lost Underground, cap reachable ceiling more clearly. Removed obviously unassignable imploders/exploders/cubers.
  • Tiles: Raymanni's improved carnival exit, cleaner large proxima/tiles/orange2.
  • Fix #23: Don't show obsolete replay arrows/pickaxes/sounds when you framestep after a quickload.
  • Fix #346: When you watch a replay, interrupt, and win, the solution replay is auto-saved.
  • Singleplayer exits the level after nuking instead of prompting to framestep back.
  • On display creation, the mouse cursor centers on the Lix window. This prevents edge scrolling when watching replays from the command line.
  • Fix #340: For translations, use format strings (containing %s, %d with runtime checks) instead of several concatenated translated strings.
  • Fix #341: Translate the output of the replay verifier.
  • Fix #342: Better grammar, fewer Denglish (English words in the German translation even though good German words exist), add umlauts. Thanks to Wuzzy for this patch!
  • In displayed strings, use typographical quotation marks. In file/shell output, use double quotes both to begin and end instead of asymmetric quotes.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:40:40 PM by Simon »

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2018, 02:07:49 AM »
You may already be aware, but the link on the main website, as well as the one in this thread, still links to 0.9.17, at least for the Windows build.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2018, 04:51:57 AM »
Thanks! I didn't know. I've uploaded the 0.9.18.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.19 released
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2018, 05:39:19 PM »
Lix 0.9.19 released.
  • RepForLev: For a highlighted level in the singleplayer browser, you can enter the new dialog RepForLev that will offer all replays that start with the basename of the highlit level. (If the level file is "mylevel.txt", RepForLev will offer all replays that start with "mylevel-".)
  • lemforum, some backroute fixes: Get Hype, remove flinging backroute; terrain copied into the repeat Let's All Go Down the Strand. Toccata, use Proxima's backroute fix against a solution that takes 30 minutes. Striking News, add water pit at the top, different cactus placement at the bottom. Behind Bars, save 8/10.
  • Multiplayer maps: Flopsy's shorter Block Chaos, Harden the Paint. Raymanni's Rainbow Road, The Frog-Hotel, Follow the Thread.
  • Fix #354: Prevent the one-pixel-thick line of graphical garbage at the right edge of the map. This line occurred with some noninteger zooms during play/editor.
  • Fix #344: Guideline pieces are selectable from the terrain browser again. Depth-2-directories (e.g., "geoo/construction/") are listed as only the second directory ("construction/") in the root selection of tile browser.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 05:48:23 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.20 released
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2018, 05:48:00 PM »
Lix 0.9.20 released.
  • Backroute fixes in Continuum Hypothesis and Inside the Fourth Wall. Fewer lixes in Undercutting the Competition.
  • Reshaded rectangular blocks in matt/marble: Shading at the left and top should only become lighter towards the outside. Before, the blocks looked flattened. Diagonal blocks in matt/marble still have this issue.
  • Fix #349: Mirror button icon shows horizontal mirroring with two triangles, not vertical mirroring with an upside-down tree anymore.
  • Partially fix #348: Custom grid button shows size of current custom grid.
  • Center images on BitmapButtons more accurately.
  • Removed unused UI graphics: Spawn interval graphic, hint selection graphic, editor hatch direction graphic that is shown with a unicode arrow instead.
  • Fix #356: When you specify -w or --resol=XXXxYYY on the command line, loading/switching the user configuration will not override the command line's resolution in this session.
  • Reorganized the trophy area of the singleplayer browser: Don't draw last game's results over the personal best of lix saved.
  • dub package Optional: I use Optional 0.6.3 now instead of Optional 0.4.x. This requires a recent compiler (I know that 2.082 or newer works) when you build Lix yourself.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 04:02:35 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.21 released
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2018, 04:02:06 PM »
Lix 0.9.21 released
  • Fix #313: Options and trophies (level checkmarks) are now saved in ./user/, not in ./data/user/yourname.txt. In the future, whenever you update Lix by hand, copy the folder user/ into the new installation. Old settings and trophies are imported: Today, to update to 0.9.21, you should still copy ./data/config.txt and ./data/user/yourname.txt to let Lix 0.9.21 import your old settings and write them to ./user/.)
  • Fix #255: Trophies (level checkmarks) are associated to levels by the levels' basename (the part of the filename that is independent from directories), author, and English title. Trophies are not associated to full level path anymore, even though they remember that path as extra information. This means that you keep your trophy even when its level moves to a different rank directory.
  • lemforum: Feel the Pressure: Hopeless -> Daunting. This Is a Stickup: Daunting -> Vicious. Evacuate the Sinking Ship: Vicious -> Hopeless. Little Miner Puzzle 1: Adjusted height of one bar to avoid accidental splatting while a miner is working. The Borderland: Added buzzsaw that This Lix Is Your Lix (repeat) already had.
  • Raymanni's Holiday exit: Enlarged sprite at the bottom to look better when the exit sits on bumpy terrain.
  • Fix #359: When you have lost singleplayer and the game tells you to framestep back or abort, you can doubleclick the nuke to quit.
  • Fix #323: Wide, flat torus maps start with less default zoom (you see a larger portion of the level).
  • Editor: All steel is offered in a single flat list. I've sorted the more commonly used tiles to the top of this list.
  • Editor: Removed an invisible extra button that 0.9.20 mistakenly generated and that sometimes became visible when you hovered over the 3 rightmost text buttons in the panel and held the mouse key down.
  • Fix #363: Editor: The terrain browser does not offer the 3 directories ./authorName/steel/, to de-clutter the tileset list.
  • Fix #355: Multiplayer: Exit markers are solid, colorful arrows instead of large lixes. Opponents' exit markers are small crosses. All these exit markers still go behind the terrain. In addition, the outline of your own arrow is drawn semi-transparently over the terrain.
  • The networking menu offers to host a game (a server will run within Lix) and offers to change the port for listening or connecting.
  • Fix #358: In a networking room, the current level title is printed under the preview image, above the chat.
  • License: During the CC0 public domain waiver, I mention explicitly that the levels are CC0.
  • Server executable understands the switch --port <number> to listen on a different port.
  • Server is now its own dub package in ./src/server/ in the Lix repository. Documented how to build and run standalone server executable in Lix's main README.md.
  • Code: I refactored Hatch to contain Graphic instead of to inherit from Graphic. Hatches remember which players spawn from them. Physics remain identical. (I tested a lot manually, no automatic test; I still lack physics unittests in general.)
  • Git users: I version-control dub.selections.json now. If you get merge issues, delete your local copy and then pull.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:17:35 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.22 released
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2018, 12:22:53 AM »
Lix 0.9.22 released.
  • Include xmas2018: a new singleplayer pack with 24 holiday-themed levels.
  • Fix #350: In singleplayer, the splat ruler button tooltip claimed falsely that this button also pings hatches and exits, but it does that only in multiplayer. Fixed this tooltip. (Issue #301 remains: In multiplayer, this button should be functionally split into two buttons.)
  • Support 64-bit Windows builds with LDC >= 1.13.0-beta2. I encourage all Windows users to choose the 64-bit build over the 32-bit build, hoping to avoid the out-of-RAM crashes on large maps.
  • Binary downloads are now hosted on github, not on Lix's homepage.
  • Binary download archives carry a version number in their filename and unpacked Lix directory. With self-contained Lix (i.e., not installed system-wide via a Linux package manager), you should still update existing self-contained Lix as usual by copying your user files, custom levels, and replays from the old directory into the new.
  • Fix #369: When you build from source and choose a debugging version instead of a release version, Lix will start windowed by default, not with software fullscreen. User options can override this as usual.
  • Updated the DAllegro5 bindings to 4.0.4+5.2.0 and removed Lix's allegro-color dependency on all platforms.
  • Many refactorings in the source code for physics updates. No physics changes. This will be useful in case I manage efficient skill blueprints a.k.a. skill shadows.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:36:58 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.23 released
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2018, 09:36:08 PM »
Lix 0.9.23 released.
  • xmas2018: Fixed backroutes in Home Time for Santa, Snow Cat Love, Decorate the Tree, Past the Xmas Tree.
  • ClamLix: Time is Running Out, decorated the steel with a steel hourglass.
  • Fix #371: Miners throw a pickaxe again when they cancel on steel. Diggers won't throw pickaxes anymore by mistake when they cancel on steel.
  • Windows downloads call the directory again lix, not lix-versionNumber, for easier quick-and-dirty updating (see "How to update" above).
  • Linux: Added a manpage for Linux package maintainers, doc/lix.6, thanks to tarzeau.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:35:23 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.24 released
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2019, 06:04:40 PM »
Lix 0.9.24 released.
  • Work around bug #372 (garbled exit markers): Removed alpha channel from data/images/goalmark.I.png. Arrow's white overlay is entirely opaque. Made overlay line thinner to compensate for the fully-opaque overlay. This should avoid #372 to trigger at all. Everything should recolor properly.
  • Multiplayer directories: Sort authors with easier multiplayer maps. Easy means that it's easy to save lix against opponents that do nothing. Reason: New players click on the first-listed authors very often. This is not an ideal permanent solution, but we have needed something like this quickly for the Debian 10 release.
  • New multiplayer maps by Flopsy: Cascade Squared (4p, 6p, 8p) and The Storeroom (6p, 8p).
  • Fix bug with _order.X.txt files: When you go to a dir A with order file, then go to a different dir B without order file but with files named like those in A, the files in B are now sorted alphabetically, not wrongly by the order file from A.
  • The options file ./user/options.sdl contains a comment explaining that screenMode 0 is windowed, 1 is software fullscreen, 2 is hardware fullscreen.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:54:33 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.25 released
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2019, 10:54:02 AM »
Lix 0.9.25 released.
  • Added 44 singleplayer levels in levels/single/misc: 17 miniatures by Simon and geoo, 13 levels by mobius (originally called leftovers and non-tutorials), 10 levels by Nessy, 4 non-miniatures by Simon. These levels were released around 2017 and 2018 on Lemmings Forums and are now part of the main download.
  • Added 15 tutorials for basic skill usage. A new Lix installation will still highlight Any Way You Want as first level, not the tutorials.
  • Eased the 2-player multiplayer map Anything Can Work: Removed buzzsaws, added terrain to allow a downwards route without preparatory platforming above exits.
  • Fixed deprecations (silent conversion from size_t to int in loop indices) to allow a warning-free building with the current compiler DMD 2.084.
  • Refactored code for clarity: Alcol constructors -> al_map_rgba_f, magic numbers in EffectManager -> enums. Split ScoreBoard into two classes and moved to the GUI code, to decouple from gameplay.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:39:18 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.26 released
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2019, 11:38:54 PM »
Lix 0.9.26 released.
  • Added 24 singleplayer levels in misc/lemforum-outtakes. These levels were once part of out flagship pack lemforum, but have been taken out over time. They're all proven solvable with 0.9 physics.
  • Fixed #301: Separated the ping-exit functionality from show-splat-ruler. In multiplayer, there are now two buttons. Both have much clearer icons (an exit with beams, a ruler -- see image below) instead of the generic cool shades.
  • Fixed #293: Savestate icon, don't use floppy disk (means: write file). Now, the icon to save state is a flag, and the icon to load state is a flag with an arrow pointing towards it. Once a savestate exists, the load icon (default hotkey F2) is to the left of the save icon (default hotkey F3), to have their default hotkeys (F2, F3) in ascending order. (Before, load appeared to the right of save).
  • Renamed the level folder "Community Collab Project" to "Collab" for concise breadcrumb navigation captions, preventing abbreviation.
  • Attributed correct authors (Rubix/Simon, Simon/Wuzzy) on two tutorials.
  • Rewrote screen options functions, to rule out a possible source of a crash on macOS (no more try-return-catch, always return outside of try/catch). See issue #381: macOS 10.14: Black screen then crash.
  • Rewrote internal graphics code to get already-cached images more efficiently.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:33:39 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.27 released
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2019, 09:33:22 PM »
Lix 0.9.27 released.
  • Fixed a backroute in The Bottomless Closet, a miniature by geoo.
  • Fix #379: The editor avoids cloning tiles to outside the map. Usually, the editor moves freshly-cloned tiles down-right by (16, 16). Sometimes, this would move tiles out of the map. New behavior: If a cloned tile would move out of the map, or even very close to the edge (= undercutting a safety margin of 16 pixels), all cloned tiles are moved up-left by (16, 16) instead. If neither offset keeps all tiles on the map, we move down-right by (16, 16) and accept that some are outside. In torus directions, tiles are always on the map within the safety margin.
  • Fix #380: While you change the background color in the editor's map dialog, the level behind the dialog previews your chosen color in real time. When you press OK, the color stays; when you press Cancel, the color reverts.
  • Code: Fixed deprecations, now Lix compiles warning-free on dmd 2.086.0.
  • Code: Removed module constructors and moved construction of user options into al_run_main. We hope to troubleshoot a segfault on macOS with this, github issue #381. Renamed DisplayTryMode to ScreenChoice.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 10:50:07 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.28 released
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2019, 08:09:04 PM »
Lix 0.9.28 released.

• Replay tweaker: A new feature for singleplayer puzzle solving. To open the replay tweaker, click the filmstrip button in the panel. The tweaker allows you to move and delete assignments deep in the replay without erasing any other assignments. The tweaker is not perfect yet: I'm sure we'll find many ways to improve it.
  • Added 22 singleplayer levels from various level design contests. They are in levels/single/misc/contests/. All levels are proven solvable. Some proofs may be backroutes. For Key to the Sacred Kingdom, I chose its version 9, the miniature, but extended it with decoration from its big version 7. Adapted Long Division to 0.9 physics, it's fairer now and less nasty.
  • Fix #364: If the enet DLL is missing, the networking lobby prints an error message to its console. Before, the game would crash from an uncaught exception.
  • Code: Fix deprecations for dmd 2.087.0: Don't initialize immutable variables in thread-local static this(), instead initialize them in shared static this(). Lix should now compile warning-free.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:57:30 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.29 released
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2019, 11:57:15 PM »
Lix 0.9.29 released.
  • Observers in a networking game begin zoomed out; they see the entire map without any extra input.
  • In multiplayer, there are no more black boxes on the score graph after a nuke. The black boxes obscured the bars of low-scoring players. The black boxes were a hack solution before we had the nice score board when you mouse over the score graph. Now, to see who nuked, mouse over the score graph.
  • Partially fix #385: The replay tweaker displays only the first 18 plies (= assignments or nukes) instead of painting the 19th, 20th, ... ply over the remainder of the panel. In the long run, the tweaker needs a scrollbar.
  • The tweaker explains itself with short text while it has no plies to show yet. This is better than presenting the tweaker as a completely blank GUI widget.
  • Fix #327: After you save a replay manually from the replay browser, the browser reloads the directory and immediately shows the newly saved file.
  • Fix: The splat ruler draws properly again when the mouse is on the map (i.e., off the panel). 0.9.28 had a bug where the ruler would only draw while the mouse was on the panel instead of on the land.
  • Fix: In multiplayer battles, you can zoom again, even though there is no GUI button to zoom. By default, zoom is bound to the mouse wheel.
  • Fix #317: In a deeply nested directory hierarchy, the browsers' breadcrumb navigation condenses some higher-level directories into a single button. The top-level directory keeps its exclusive button at the very left.
  • Removed a default keybinding duplication: Highlight goals and splat ruler were both bound to Tab. Now, only the splat ruler is bound to Tab, highlight goals has no default hotkey.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:11:10 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.30 released
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2019, 10:01:36 PM »
Lix 0.9.30 released.

It's been a while! In August 2019, I got a fulltime job as a C++ engineer. Naturally, I've begun to relax with software-unrelated things during weekends. But as promised, here's a Lix release still in 2019.

• Fix #339: Imploder animation: Now, purple stars and vortexes circle around the center, then get sucked into the center. The old animation was too slow and subtle.
  • Fix #388: Oblivion sound was too noisy and high-pitched. Replaced this sound effect with meow-like voice acting that is not shrill.
  • lemforum: ccexplore fixed a backroute in Brickout.
  • Always print hotkeys on buttons' lower-right corner. Removed user option that toggled whether hotkeys would be printed on buttons.
  • Code: Remove body encounters from physics implementation; these happened at (foot - 4), (foot - 8), (foot - 12). Always check foot encounters instead. Before, only fire hazards checked for body encounters. Draw larger trigger area (in the editor) for fire to compensate. No changes to file formats. No changes to physics.
  • Multiplayer maps: Added Down with Frogs by Flopsy. Added remake of Humps (2-player map from 2010) using Lix's earth terrain. Removed endless falls at the side of Honeypots.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:10:45 PM by Simon »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2019, 06:20:58 AM »
Just wondering as this was posted less than 24 hours until our multiplayer session starts: Will both versions (0.9.29 & 0.9.30) work on the same server?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2019, 11:12:30 AM »
Yes, any 0.9.x is good for multiplayer, in particular 0.9.29 and 0.9.30.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.31 released
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2020, 08:24:02 PM »
Lix 0.9.31 released.

Here's a small maintenance release to keep Lix's source code in line with the newest compilers. It's not urgent to grab.
  • Compiling yourself: On Windows, Lix requires LDC 1.21.0 or newer to compile out of the box. For LDC 1.20.1 or older, in Lix's dub.json file, you must first change all appearances of "-entry:wmainCRTStartup" with "-entry:mainCRTStartup". See doc/build/win64.txt, section "Old LDC versions" for details.
  • Compiling yourself: Increased version of dependency sdlang-d: 0.10.4 -> 0.10.6,
    so that Lix still compiles with older versions of DMD, with the current stable
    DMD 2.091.0, and with even newer versions.
  • Fix #394: The editor now sorts tilesets alphabetically by the shown directory, which is its second-level-nested directory in images/. Old order: forest/, occult/, abstract/, construction/, ..., because forest and occult were in images/amanda/ and abstract, construction were in images/geoo/. New order: abstract/, beach/, bricks/, carnival/, construction/, ..., forest/, ..., occult/, ..., irrespective of the unshown author's name.
  • Fixed a backroute in Ifo Island. The building at the bottom takes longer now.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 10:16:35 PM by Simon »

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2020, 07:05:28 PM »
Thanks for keeping it going.  Downloaded the new version.    Lots of free time, i've been playing it solo lately again.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2020, 11:02:50 PM »
You're welcome! Enjoy.

Since 2017, physics have remained exactly the same as in 0.9.0. But many little things are improved for convenience, and there are new singleplayer levels out of the box. Most of the new levels are in misc/.

-- Simon

Offline LanaAndCo

• V2.0 Update : Online reactivation
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2020, 12:27:04 PM »
Thank you Simon! I'm glad that Lix is still getting updated.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2020, 01:34:14 PM »
You're welcome, happy to hear that!

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.32 released
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2020, 10:20:28 PM »
Lix 0.9.32 released.

• Added Raymanni's crab trap at images/raymanni/crab.T.png. There is an example level, Crab Nightmare, in levels/misc/simon/.
  • Distribution: Lix has an openSUSE package for easy installation on openSUSE Linux, thanks to Martin H.! This is our third Linux packaging after Debian and Arch. Updated Lix's readme and documentation.
  • Added Thirteen Little Skills (version 2), a level contest entry by Proxima.
  • Every Lix for Herself (lemforum Lovely): Quicken the spawn interval, to make it nicer to assign floaters to lix from the leftmost hatch.
  • Multiplayer: Pressing twice the end-game key (Esc by default) doesn't exit the match, but rather opens and cancels the exit-match dialog. This avoids accidental exiting. To exit the match via keyboard, press Esc, then the key to delete files/lose data.
  • Replay tweaker: Add an extra line for the currently-shown physics update.
  • Remove the unnecessary translatable string optionShowButtonHotkeys. Button hotkeys are always shown, there is no option to disable that; this option was removed in Lix 0.9.30. This removes the leftover language field, so that data/language/*.txt doesn't warn on loading a language.
  • Code: Fix deprecations according to DMD 2.093: Annotate ref-returning functions with return
No undo in the editor yet!

-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 07:09:38 PM by Simon »

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Re: Lix 0.9.32 released
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2020, 04:11:24 AM »
Thank you for another great update Simon!

That crab is amazing, Raymanni.       Seriously epic  :thumbsup:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.33 released
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2020, 07:09:07 PM »
Thank you for another great update Simon!
That crab is amazing, Raymanni.       Seriously epic  :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Yeah, the crab has been on the backburner for a year. Raymanni planned to accompany a potential new beach set with this crab, but the crab is great on its own, and now it's in.

Lix 0.9.33 released.

This 0.9.33 is only a small release that fixes bugs with the singleplayer replay tweaker. Two of these bugs, #401 and #402, I freshly introduced in 0.9.32. <_<;;
  • Fix #402: With more than 18 assignments, the tweaker doesn't mispaint the line for current physics update over the tape recorder buttons anymore.
  • Fix #401: The tweaker erases the lines properly when two assignments change order from tweaking. This fixes a mispainting of assignment lines.
  • Fix #385: Introduce a way to scroll through the tweaker's lines. Before, with 18 or more assignments, the completely filled tweaker always hid the assignments that came last in the replay. Now, the tweaker hides assignments that are far away from the current physics update. Now, to view early assignments, rewind the game. To see late assignments, forward the game.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 09:08:37 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.34 released
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2020, 09:09:07 PM »
Lix 0.9.34 released.

No new features or bugfixes, only backroute fixes, and a non-crashing enet.dll in case you want to host networked games.

(The big upcoming feature, undo in the editor, is still cooking and not yet releasable.)
  • lemforum: Backroute fixes for 6 levels, mainly due to Wibble's backroutes:
    Bipolar Maniac, initial lix 10->11, floaters 5->6.
    Las Ranas Hermanas, raise frogs.
    Triangle Inequality, eliminiate trivializing backroute.
    One Lix Showdown, likely functional but slightly unelegant fix.
    Some Like to Run, faster spawn interval, needs checking.
    Skulls, Sludge and Steel - possible fix, needs checking.
    (No fixes yet for Duality and Dream the Impossible Dream.)
  • Fix #404: The 64-bit Windows enet.dll crashed on hosting a networking game. Now, I ship a new 64-bit enet.dll, version 1.3.12, that fixes the crash on Windows, even though it still crashes in Wine.
  • Support 32-bit Windows again: I publish 32-bit Windows binaries in the github releases and added linker flags for the 32-bit Windows DMD build in dub.json.
  • Updated D source libraries in dub.json: derelict-enet 4.1.0 -> 4.2.0, taggedalgebraic 0.11.12 -> 0.11.18. This should have no visible effects.
  • Credit minim in doc/thanks.txt for upscaling the GUI icons to 150%, 200%, 300% of the C++ Lix icons for 640x480 = 100%. minim worked on these icons in 2016.
  • Remove doc/oldwish.txt, it has become outdated. The text is preserved at: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5132.0 Let's file issues on github instead, or post new threads on this forum, Lix Main.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 03:23:34 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.35 released
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2020, 03:23:14 AM »
Lix 0.9.35 released.

• Undo/redo feature: The editor allows full undo and redo. Everything that is visible in the editor's level display is undoable: Tile moves, z-reorderings, additions, deletions, copying, rotations, mirroring, darkening, and changing the level's height, width, wrappings, and background color. Pressing the button to create a new level clears the undo history. Changing the level's name, lix, save requirement, player count, or skillset isn't undoable, but doesn't clear the undo history either; you can still undo earlier things. This undo/redo feature has been in development for 7 months.
  • Fix #406: The camera rounds correctly to determine the mouse coordinates in the level. Before, with deep zoom, the mouse seemed to select things 1 pixel too far right and 1 pixel too far down.
  • Fix #405: The editor reinitializes its camera when the level's torus wrapping changes. This prevents graphical leftovers.
  • Fixed compilation errors that appeared with DMD 2.094.2.
  • Added build notes for a 64-bit Windows build with DMD. I encourage to use LDC instead of DMD for release builds, but it's good to have more options.
Merry Christmas with the new Undo feature!

-- Simon
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 07:55:19 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.35 released
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2020, 04:59:27 PM »
Added the 32-bit Windows version of 0.9.35 to the previous post. I recommend 64-bit, but some people still have more success with 32-bit.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.36 released
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2021, 07:55:03 PM »
Lix 0.9.36 released.
  • Add a whopping 66 multiplayer maps by Flopsy, including Perfect Situation
  • Fix #413: The new-level button in the editor will now ask for data loss before clearing the map and clearing the undo buffer. You can click Save, Discard, or Cancel.
  • Reword the grid tooltip in the editor to clarify that it will affect future moves; it will have no immediate effect on the current selection. Before: "Grid 2: Rounds tiles' coordinates to multiples of 2." Now: "Grid 2: Tiles will move in steps of 2 pixels." Thanks to WillLem for feedback and wording.
  • Support a hidden option (not in the options menu) that allows you to suppress the editor's offset of copypasted tiles; this is (16,16) by default. (Hidden options are hacks; for the long term, I need to visualize the copying in place.) For now, to suppress the offset, put in your user/options.sdl:
    editorCopiedTilesOffset 0
  • Mouse speed on Linux defaults to 10, not 20. This produces better results on my machine when (fast movement frees mouse) is off, the default on Linux. I haven't examined the speed on other systems yet.
  • Update the build docs in doc/build/ about minimum compiler versions.
  • In the doc/formats/ directory, document replay pointing, terrain lines in levels, groups in levels.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 06:48:25 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.37 released
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2021, 06:59:40 PM »
Lix 0.9.37 released.
  • Added new maps from the multiplayer level contest. Thanks, Dominator_101, Dullstar, Flopsy, geoo, IchoTolot, WillLem! Includes Dominator_101's Rescue Rangers Double Team.
  • Fixed flickering mouse cursor in the dialog that aborts a networking game. Before, when you hovered over a lix in the background of the dialog, the cursor would osciallte between open and closed. Now, the cursor stays closed because you can't assign to lix during the dialog.
  • Partly address #234: When you resize the map in the editor, the editor will zoom out as far as it can to show you the entire map. It's still disorienting to resize maps with large empty areas.
  • Fix #420: When you verified a directory containing 0 replays in the GUI verifier, the GUI verifier didn't print the line that you can now click to exit. Now it prints that line.
  • In the main menu, below the version number, print name of operating system and 32/64-bit for which the running version is built.
  • The debugging build's user options defaults show the phyus/FPS. This only matters when you run a debugging build without a user option file user/options.sdl. The normal release build defaults to not showing phyus/FPS until you enable it in the options menu.
  • In dub.json, removed obsolete architecture restriction for Windows builds with LDC.
  • The Windows 64-bit build notes point to LDC's multilib release instead of to the pure 64-bit release. You can use LDC's installer or LDC's 7z download. The main difference is that LDC's lib/ dir is now called lib64/. Updated my all-in-one DLL download with the new directory name lib64/ instead of lib/.
  • Documented the level format in doc/formats/level.txt. Documented in the Windows build notes doc/build/win*.txt where to get Allegro binaries from NuGet.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 05:16:34 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.38 released
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2021, 04:02:47 PM »
Lix 0.9.38 released.

This is mostly a maintenance release. Substantial overhaul behind the scenes with compilers, DLLs, documentation, ... No new features, only one map updated.
  • Windowed mode at 1280x720 is now the default on running Lix for the very first time. Before, the default was software fullscreen a.k.a. fullscreen window.
  • Smaller widescreen resolutions such at 1280x720 that would barely fail to pick 2x for the skill panel icons (instead of the tiny 1x) will get slightly higher panel to accomodate the better-looking 2x skill icons.
  • Adjusted text vertical offset to vertically center text on buttons better at 1280x720. 1280x800 is still okay, text is now slightly too high here. The text positioning is already full of hacks and compromises, anything better either needs more hacks or a clean do-over. I feel like a 90's website designer.
  • The main menu preserves the background's aspect ratio. To fill a screen that is not 4:3, it crops the background's sides.
  • Revenge of the Giant Crab (2p): Added decoration, walkers 10->30, overtime 30->90 seconds.
  • Fix #424: Always show the level title in the lobby under the graphical preview, even when we return from a netgame.
  • Fix #423: De-duplicate the multiplayer level tree, as reported by Dullstar. I had extra copies of Along the Fabrics of Your Clothing in the 8p directory.
  • Updated Allegro DLLs to Allegro 5.2.7.1. You can check what Lix uses at runtime with Lix's command-line argument: --allgero-version
  • I build the 32-bit Windows release with LDC, not with DMD. LDC generates faster-running machine code, exactly what we want for a release version. Tell me in case you run into any problems. (64-bit Windows release has always been built with LDC and it still is.)
  • During compilation, Lix prints target architecture, OS, and compiler.
  • Fix deprecations for DMD 2.097.0: In the source code, the "body" keyword is finally deprecated. Converted the entire codebase to the "do" keyword in front of function bodies. Added "static import std.stdio;" to access std.stdio.File in Lix's file.filename.base.
  • Documentation: src/icon/readme.txt has CRLF line endings, to be readable in Windows Notepad. (Documentation should have CRLF endings, code should have LF endings.) Removed note in the 32-bit DMD Windows build notes about NuGet libs, DMD 32-bit doesn't play well with them.
  • The build documentation points to new archives (lix-dlls-libs-dmd32.zip, lix-dlls-libs-ldc32.zip, lix-dlls-libs-win64.zip) because the .lib files can be incompatible between compilers.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 05:16:52 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.39 released
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2021, 05:16:19 PM »
Lix 0.9.39 released.
  • Added the dedicated end-of-singleplayer screen to show stats of the finished attempt, to offer the immediate next level, and to offer the next unsolved level in case the player has already solved the immediate next level.
  • Darkened the labels "by" and "Goal:" in front of level nameplates in the browser and in the end-of-level screen. They're now darker than the normal text color. Title, author and goal stand out better in their normal text color now.
  • Re-added 3 levels -- Fill the Floor, Interval Training, Chaos Theory -- to single/clam/Outtakes. Fill the Floor and Interval Training originally needed variable spawn intervals during play; now, they employ floaters and runners at fixed spawn intervals. Chaos Theory originally needed the nuke to solve; now, it employs manually assigned exploders to fling.
  • Updated the Lix source code to comply with the future meaning of the "in" keyword. Updated Lix for package optional 1.3.0 instead of 0.6.3.
It's been months, but it's done and released! Go forth and test, and blaze through the packs with the appropriate feeling of progression. :lix-grin:

-- Simon
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 05:49:36 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.40 released
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2021, 05:49:21 PM »
Lix 0.9.40 released.
  • Added configurable hotkeys to play next levels from the end-of-singleplayer screen. Default is F1 to replay the same level, Space to play the next level, F to play the next unsolved level. There is no default hotkey to save the replay manually; you can configure it.
  • Hotkey reminders on buttons are printed in slightly darker text. They're still brighter than the button itself, but darker than the main button text.
  • Fix #417: The editor shows all teams per gadget. Example: 4 players A, B, C, D and the map has 2 exits. Before 0.9.40, the editor printed on the exits: A, B. Now, the editor print on the exits the outcome of distributing the 4 players round-robin to the exits: AC, BD.
  • Clarify tile group names in the documentation doc/formats/level.txt: Groups can have any name, not necessarily only a number. Since I don't have support in the program for copying tile groups between levels, you can at least rename the groups in one level, e.g, by search-and-replace, then copy-paste them into the second level, and have no name clashes.
  • Fixed exits order in Tunnel of Love 6p. There were 7 exits in a 6-player map, leading to apparent removal of a necessary exit in play. Now it has 6 exits.
  • Added new multiplayer maps by Flopsy: The Lix and the Saboteurs 4p, 6p, 8p.
  • Clarify documentation on tile groups in doc/format/level.txt: Tile groups can have any names. When you copy tile groups by hand between levels, you can first rename them with text replacement.
  • Allow warnings when building Lix. This circumvents a warning in Phobos that would otherwise abort the build: Duplicate symbol for max!(int, int).max, _D3std9algorithm10comparison__T3maxTiTiZQjFNaNbNiNfiiZi.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 10:27:58 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.41 released
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2022, 10:27:42 PM »
Lix 0.9.41 released.

This is a really small release. It's mainly for Flopsy, so that Lix doesn't delete your tagging of multiplayer levels.
  • Support tags in level files to help organize the multiplayer levels. Levels can contain zero or more tags, one per line. Edit tags with a text editor; we can work towards better editing support in Lix itself in the future. Example: $TAG mytag
  • The editor loads and saves tags, but doesn't yet display them anywhere and doesn't offer to edit them. The level browsers don't print tags anywhere either yet.
  • The level search (in the singleplayer or multiplayer browser) will find tags, but you have to enter the exact tag completely. Half-words that appear inside tags do not find that tag. (I'm not yet sure if this behavior is best; we can change it.)

-- Simon
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 10:04:24 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.42 released
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2022, 10:07:04 PM »
Lix 0.9.42 released.

Again a small release. Most bugfixes are for the game server. No new functionality -- yet. :lix-grin:
  • Don't focus the IP address entry field in the lobby when you select "connect to somebody else". The focusing led to a bug that is now fixed: The field would even be unhidden and focused whenever the lobby window reappeared after a game, when you were already connected and in a room.
  • Alleviated enet versioning mismatch: derelict-enet offers D bindings only for enet 1.3.15, but the binaries of enet 1.3.16 or the current enet 1.3.17 have differently-sized struct ENetPeer. Now, the Lix server computes the struct size at runtime, allowing to run with all enet binaries >= 1.3.13.
  • Fixed a theoretically possible, although unlikely, memory leak in networking.
  • Fixed a linker warning about max!(int, int). Now, Lix's code itself generates zero warnings again.
  • Refactored the server-side networking code. Rooms carry their own logic. This will help in the future to support version restrictions per room.
  • Linux build notes: Added workaround for LDC running out of stack space. You can raise the stack size in the current shell with: ulimit -s 16384
  • Windows 32-bit build notes: Added DLL download for LDC-compatible 32-bit libraries.
  • Removed note from April 2020 in the readme about compilers before LDC 1.21; compilers that old aren't prevalent anymore.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 02:38:17 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.43 released
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2022, 08:09:53 PM »
Lix 0.9.43 released.
  • Fix server-side permutation bug: In 0.9.42, I introduced a bug on the server; the server re-rolled the permutation of starting points for every player. This desynched the maps -- unless you were only playing 2-player on perfectly symmetrical maps and never used directional force. (The client side was always fine. Everybody can still join other servers even with 0.9.42.)
  • Don't send up to 300 nullbytes on short chat packets, send only the necessary bytes. Keep max chat length at 300 UTF-8 code units. (This introduced a memory-corrupting bug. Don't use 0.9.43. Update to 0.9.44.)
  • In the lobby, sort the list of players. First criterion: Players sort higher than observers. Second criterion: Red sorts higher than orange, yellow, ... Third criterion: Within each color, sort by player name. Ready/unready doesn't affect sorting. It's easier now to see which/how many colors are in use, but I'll leave open github issue #407: Color buttons in lobby, show current usage.
  • Disable the expensive level-drawing unittest that also didn't clean up its file in ./export/.
  • macOS: Rely on pkg-config according to Allegro's documentation here: https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5/blob/master/README_pkgconfig.txt Before, on macOS ARM64, ld didn't find the Allegro libs even with pkg-confic installed; see github issue #430.
  • Remove obsolete build documentation ./doc/build/allegro5.txt and cross-reference more clearly between other files in ./doc/build/.
Thanks to Dullstar for finding the permutation bug in the first bullet point! Your digging in Lix's source code has been super helpful already.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 10:54:59 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.44 released
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2022, 10:53:00 PM »
Lix 0.9.44 released.
  • Fix a memory-corrupting bug when sending chat messages. I introduced this bug in 0.9.43.
  • Fix #432: Don't resave watched multiplayer replays. The bug was: After the replay, we entered the end-of-singleplayer dialog, and this dialog always re-saved the watched replay as a new multiplayer replay. Now, we directly return to the replay browser. The end-of-singleplayer dialog doesn't appear and doesn't save a duplicate.
The quickest and smallest update in a long time! Updating is only urgent if you have 0.9.43, that's the only version that crashes on sending chat.

That's what I get for using C functions in low-level networking -- an embarrassing crash. <_<;; Good thing it's fixed on the same day. Thanks to Dullstar again for excellent debugging, you narrowed it down to sending chat messages.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 02:35:31 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.45 released
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2022, 02:37:31 PM »
Lix 0.9.45 released.
  • Added many multiplayer levels by Flopsy, including Krypton Factor, a race map.
  • Added multiplayer levels by Kingshadow: Straight & Curved, Marble Puzzle League, Spiral Spyfall, The Ascending Lix Scenario, Tricky Breakthrough.
  • Added tags ($TAG lines in levels) to several maps by Flopsy.
  • Fix lagging client in a 10-hour netgame. This was an esoteric bug that never surfaced in normal usage. When the same networking game (not netplay session or server run, but really individual game; what happens after you click "ready" in the lobby) ran for over 10 hours, the client would stop updating at the normal speed of 15 physics updates per second, and instead run at 10 physics updates per second.
  • Make Lix compile with the newly released DMD 2.100.0.
  • Mention FreeGameDev IRC channel #lix in the main readme. QuakeNet #lix is still the development channel. I still recommend QuakeNet #lix to find players, with FreeGameDev #lix as an alternative.
A small release, mostly for the new levels and for compiler compatibility.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 06:08:27 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.46 released
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2022, 06:11:07 PM »
Lix 0.9.46 released.
  • Added geoo's new multiplayer maps, including the two asymmetric maps Uphill Battle and Ivory Tower. Updated some of geoo's maps: Fixed the drop straight into exit pit in Rescue Ranger Trolls. Added block to default version of Ghetto Party. Minor other changes.
  • Added Kingshadow's new multiplayer levels. Updated Kingshadow's levels, e.g., added a missing trap to Straight & Curved 4p.
  • Prevent infinite fallers at the sides of Flopsy's Rescue Plan 5p by narrowing the map horizontally to the existing terrain.
  • Renamed my old 2p map Rescue Rangers to Fry-Day to avoid a name collision with the popular maps Rescue Ranger Trolls and Rescue Rangers Double Team.
  • Fix #434: Always topology-wrap newly inserted pieces in the editor to avoid running into some strict assertions in a debug build. There should have been no bug here in release builds. Improved some assertion texts.
Another small release code-wise; in particular, the published executables for 0.9.45 and 0.9.46 should behave exactly the same (because they're release builds, not debug builds). But 0.9.46 adds many new multiplayer maps.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 03:25:00 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.47 released
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2022, 08:15:41 PM »
Lix 0.9.47 released.
  • Add Swedish translation of the Lix user interface by Sanchez (not on Lemmings Forums to my knowledge). Thanks for the contribution!
  • Fix #387: Update skill panel on tweak. Now, after shifting a skill assignment forward or backward by a single frame in the replay tweaker, the skill panel updates all skill buttons' counts accordingly. This matters when some skills assignments have become illegal in the now-edited replay.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 03:25:12 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.9.48 released
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2022, 03:25:40 PM »
Lix 0.9.48 released.

:lix-cool: Download for Windows 64-bit -- recommended
:lix: Download for Windows 32-bit -- fallback for ancient machines
:lix: Download for Linux 64-bit

How to update (click to show/hide)
  • Don't cap level search results at 18, but show all results. Downside: Now, I expect the search to be slow when you enter the first one-two letters. We'll see what is worse and can still improve the search in the future.
  • Always return to lobby after playing multiplayer with a single tribe, even when that tribe hasn't fulfilled the hidden save requirement from singleplayer. Lix has never properly supported 1-tribe multiplayer, but Lix has never explicitly disallowed it either.
  • The connection picker in the networking menu will now connect when you press the generic Okay hotkey, in addition to the networking menu hotkey.
  • Fixed option dialog's help text for the username option: All translations explained ./data/user/yourname.txt, which is out of use since 2017. Now, all translations explain ./user/options.sdl, the correct save file.
  • Added FreeDesktop resources in ./data/desktop/ by Matthias Mailänder. Thanks! I don't know yet where to put such resources (that aren't needed directly by Lix while Lix is running) in the future; ./data/ is catch-all for now.
It's another small release for 0.9, it fixes several different things that only a few people have cared about. You don't have to update: Any 0.9.x is fine for our multiplayer session tomorrow night.

Now hold your breath for the data disk release of Lix 0.10, probably next weekend.

-- Simon