Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #10 - Playing Phase (Discussion Topic)  (Read 13588 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #10 - Playing Phase (Discussion Topic)
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 08:40:49 PM »
my level is backrouted; not sure how to fix at the moment. I'll be working on it right away but it might take a while...

Nepster's solution was interesting however.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 04:07:55 PM »
Here's my solutions to the levels, their all for the first version APART from Simon's R1 and ColourfulArty's R1. All of them are solved on NeoLemmix_Exp 1.44-D & Lix 2016-01-31

Comments (click to show/hide)

I didn't expect my R1 level to be this hard for people! :lem-shocked::evil: Also my R2 level is designed to be possible with no builders.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 05:21:29 PM »
More Reviews!

These two levels I couldn't solve:

BulletRide's Precision
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gronkling's Lost Umbrellas

---

This one went okay though.

Flopsy86's Synchronised

The replay attached is for Synchronised.
UPDATE:  I think this solution only works in the original version.  I'll have to try again on the updated one.

---------

EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POST:
Gronkling, I don't think your solution for Across the Ball Pit works in v2.  However, I will soon make an update restoring it (or at least something really close to it).  v2 replaced some of the skills (including the stoners) with the three digging tools.  In testing, the miner couldn't be applied as well as the digger or the basher, so I'll replace the miners with the stoners when I release v3.

EDIT 2:  Update released.

EDIT 3:  I just noticed that none of the replays for Lem-17 Bomber turn around the lemming to bash through the one-way-wall like I'd intended, but I don't think there's any good way to force it without a substantial redesign to the layout so I'm just going to leave it.  For some reason I never thought of the fact that you could use just the builder to do it :XD:.
For reference, I'd intended for to use a bomber to turn around.  The builder was supposed to be to allow lemmings to get back up to the exit.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:35:54 PM by Dullstar »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 12:05:05 PM »
Finally solved Gronklings level and I must say it's an excellent level!
Seeing the solution afterwards it isn't really that complicated (still hard though as you need to see several things), but you have to see that little trick to save that one skill ;P   add some ways that almost work and get ready to be stucked.
I can see now why Gronkling was surprised on how nobody managed to solve it.

Replay attached. :)   But please try to solve it regulary, I know you are able to!

Video will be uploaded later today as well.   EDIT: It's up now ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:53:47 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 12:31:29 PM »
Here's my replays for the Lix R1 levels. Comments / etc will be in the video as usual, but in short I'll say: Two very nice levels here!

EDIT: Video is up now, link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr81nXEZ7H4
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:52:53 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline bulletride

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 12:23:41 AM »
Finally beat Gronklings level as well after taking a few days break from it. Amazing job at stumping so many people for so long! :thumbsup: Great level! :lemming::lemming::lemming:

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 11:59:11 AM »
That's slightly different to the intended solution, but it uses the main trick so it's fine :) Ichotolot has the perfect intended one.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 02:45:56 AM »
Gronkling's solution to Long Division: Your solution avoids the main idea, and you find an alternative solution instead. Well done.

Long Division is already at the hard end, so I'd like to leave in your alternative solution.

My main idea (click to show/hide)

-- Simon
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:51:43 AM by Simon »

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2016, 06:27:40 PM »
Finally solved Gronklings level and I must say it's an excellent level!
Seeing the solution afterwards it isn't really that complicated (still hard though as you need to see several things), but you have to see that little trick to save that one skill ;P   add some ways that almost work and get ready to be stucked.
I can see now why Gronkling was surprised on how nobody managed to solve it.

Replay attached. :)   But please try to solve it regulary, I know you are able to!

Video will be uploaded later today as well.   EDIT: It's up now ;)

Oh wow.  I can see why I didn't think of

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 12:18:40 AM »
Here's my replays for Rule 2. Once the video finishes uploading / processing, video for NL levels is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5pdpS_AIp8

I did attempt to record video for the Lix levels too, but it messed up (it has intact audio, but the visual is frozen at the menu screen). So for those, the replays and some text comments will have to do.

All of the levels (both NL and Lix), I 100%ed the first time without even really trying too hard to do so, with the exception of geoo's level. This one didn't give me too much difficulty once I noticed something...

geoo's "Marching Band" (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 02:45:21 AM »
I missed the updates to both of Colorful Arty's levels in the NXP; so if you're using that, please redownload to be sure you have the latest versions of these levels (I also double-checked the other levels at the same time, I don't think I missed any others).

This only affects the NXP, the zip of LVL files was updated correctly.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 02:25:07 PM »
I've uploaded a video showing the intentional ways of my entires + some commentary on my thoughts while creating the levels.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJOz0k3B98s

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 01:56:27 AM »
Updates are now closed. Voting will open in 4 days.

Due to the large number of levels, some thought also needs to go into how the voting should be handled. In particular, how should the initial round be divided - two groups? Three groups? Maybe four? And how should it be divided - by rule, or just at random?

One possible idea is to have a voteoff for each rule, then put the winning levels (or perhaps the top two levels even) into a final round.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 07:08:57 PM »
Replay of my solution to my own level.

Comments:
My Level Packs: Quartet

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2016, 08:40:09 PM »
I'm not 100% sure this is okay, so if it's against the rules please disregard this; [or delete post]

my own solution to my level (in the pale moonlight)

comments:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain