Author Topic: SEB Lems Neo Lemmix Project - RELEASED! - All levels completed  (Read 20418 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
SEB Lems is released

Link to the main topic
http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3419.0

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:42:19 PM by Flopsy »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: SEB Lems Project - 8 Level Demo (NeoLemmix)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 03:07:46 PM »
Alright, I had my first go at this. Replays attached; feedback in spoiler tag.

Note: The spoiler tag may contain solution spoilers; don't read if you haven't played it. :)

Level 6 currently has me stumped, so I will continue at a later point in time.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:17:14 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 03:40:26 PM »
Solutions to 1 and 2. 2 is probably a backroute.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 04:33:30 PM »
Lovely ideas.

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 05:19:22 PM »
More solutions. Thoughts on solved levels:

EDIT: Added second solution to Level 2.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 05:40:29 PM by Proxima »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 07:04:57 PM »
Alright I've sent Flopsy all solutions for the Demo. I'll leave you hanging at lvl 6 for now ;P

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 10:38:06 PM »
Here replays for all levels. Note that they were recorded with a recent experimental version, so some replays may fail when using V1.43F.

I can only stress what other people already have said: Lots of very nice level ideas, though pretty pretty please make traps more visible. In level 3 I used time-skipping rather heavily and then wondered where all my lemmings vanished.

And you might wish to give slightly more time for some levels. My guideline is to add at least 15sec for every minute you need (unless the time limit is the whole point of the level). You know where and when skills should be used to obtain a very clean and fast solution, but other players will not know this and thus place them suboptimally.

Some levels contain unnecessarily precise skill assignments, e.g. the last miner in level 4 or the last two builders in level 5. Though not a big deal-breaker, players (or at least I) usually have more fun when they don't have to retry skill assignments. Sometimes it cannot be avoided, but consider for example adding a small sand ledge in level 4. Usually such modifications concern only a few pixels, but the difference between a good and a great level lies in taking care of such small details in my opinion.

Regarding the difficulty: Level 6 is the most difficult and Level 3 is next in difficulty, though none is too bad.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 08:41:34 PM »
Thanks for the feedback on these levels, some of the levels in this demo pack have been a huge success

I now have a better idea of what I should or shouldn't be doing in the upcoming levels I create for this pack.

If you are still to play the demo pack, then by all means play it. The more feedback the better!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 01:41:17 AM »
Here are some of my replays to the SEB Lems Demo! Sorry it took a little long; I've done some replays a week ago but haven't gotten around to posting them yet.

The only levels I were able to beat were Levels 1-4 and 8.

YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 04:23:27 AM »
Good timing with your replays there Dynalem, I just last night made the modifications to these levels that I was going to make.

I'm Releasing v1.01 of the demo now, I have made a fair few modifications to the 8 levels in the demo as detailed below, based on feedback. All time limits have now been removed.
It might be worth trying the levels again to see if you like the changes if you had things to say about them otherwise, this demo is available for anyone else who is yet to try the demo.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SEB Lems Project v1.01 - 8 Level Demo (NeoLemmix)
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 10:37:42 AM »
Level 5: Cleaned up the castle tile pieces, replaced them with non hollow pieces. New music track.

Well all tower pieces are non-hollow now with the recent patch ;P
Be sure to add the purple background! :8():

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 05:21:38 AM »
Here's my second batch of replays!

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 06:59:21 AM »
Nice replays Dynalem, I didn't expect anyone to give these rehashed levels a try to be honest :thumbsup:

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 01:23:44 PM »
Regarding Level 2: Hmm, the replay works for me. Does this depend on the version of NeoLemmix you're using? I'm using v1.43n-F.

And yeah, I should have done that instead...that's a much simpler way to do it than my solution! :XD:

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »
It's only been a short time but I've got a few updates about the level pack.

SEB Lems has now hit 24/120 levels completed, including the 8 levels from the demo. It's slow progress but hitting the 20% mark is significant. There will probably be another small demo at some point but not until about the half way mark I predict. I haven't really got more level types that I need feedback on yet.

SEB Lems is going to have a wide variety of graphic sets in the level pack, I have used some custom graphic sets submitted here on the site already, used a significant amount of Tribes graphic sets as well as Original/Oh No graphic sets. I have even used a Lemmings Plus graphic set which I wasn't originally going to do but the level in question was perfect for it. 3 levels contain special graphics as well, 2 are completely Special graphic whereas one is a small addition to an existing graphic set.

Graphic set variety: 14 + 2 special

Another significant update is I have finally decided on Rank names for SEB Lems (it was hard to settle on names which weren't already taken :XD:)

Paradise - A Few Tutorial levels then mostly X of everything levels.
Bittersweet - Still easy, less skills to consume!
Revolution - So you want to take on the harder ranks? Do you have what it takes?
Storm - Harder Levels overall, ride the storm to the very end! :thumbsup:
Murder - No Prisoners Now, Lemmings lives are at stake!

Deep Cuts - Extra level rank, mostly for levels which don't belong in the main game or in any rank for that matter ;P

The breakdown is as follows for each rank in terms of levels completed.
Paradise: 6/20
Bittersweet: 2/20
Revolution: 3/20
Storm: 6/20
Murder: 3/20
Deep Cuts: 3/20